• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rose's on Pantops Mnt is not carry firendly

raven81686

I was getting ready to go in to Rose's on pantops this morning with my wife then I saw the anti 2nd amendment sign!! So I took my gun and my money to somewhere that allows me to support my rights

Attachments

• 89979VS.gif
    89979VS.gif
    37.2 KB · Views: 309
  • no-guns-no-money-sign.jpg
    no-guns-no-money-sign.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 665

ocholsteroc

Thug zone.. I remember a guy at pizza hut? had shot and killed? a guy for robbing them/kiddnapping/was trying to shoot or something. Forget the whole story, but the point was is he had a permit to carry and he shot the guy, they fired him. He saved the lives of people that day, and his reward was fired. I wonder if he could have sued for creation of peril.

Creation of peril: An individual who intentionally or negligently places another in danger has a duty of rescue

Last edited:

Marco

Thanks for the heads up. My wife had wanted to stop by there, oh well that's not going to happen now.

Dear Managers/Owners,

A friend on mine noticed your Pantops store was posted with a no firearms allowed sign.

I take my right to personal protection very seriously. My wife and I are fairly new to the area and are law abiding citizens who up until this today had planned on visiting your store. However, we refuse to spend our hard earned money patronizing any establishment that denies our rights and personal choice to carry a firearm.
When a business actively forbids the lawful from carrying firearms they are telling criminals they are welcomed inside and that they'll meet no resistant's from customers inside, entering and or leaving as well as employees of said store.

I am sure that you can understand that criminals will not care what your policies are.
While the Pantops area is a fairly safe no area is truly safe and it is each persons duty to protect themselves. Policies such as yours puts customers and employees at great risk, in my humble opinion.

Please let me know if/when you decide to change your policy to allow lawful firearm carriers inside so we may become customers.
I will request that organizations that post the names of company's that are anti firearm/anti personal defense add Roses to the don't patronize list. There are thousands of members across the Commonwealth and I would like to let them all know what your position is.

An establishment does not have to be strongly pro self-defense - neutral is more than enough. Honor the laws of the state in which you are located - if their conduct is legal, don't penalize the citizens behaving responsibly.
Other company's such as Wal-Mart, Dick's, Starbucks and Target just to name a few have chosen to stay neutral.

Thank You
M

Sent today to:
Roses 400 Pantops Center
Pantops Shopping Center
Charlottesville, VA 22911

www.vwstores.com

Last edited:

raven81686

Thanks for the heads up. My wife had wanted to stop by there, oh well that's not going to happen now.

Dear Managers/Owners,

A friend on mine noticed your Pantops store was posted with a no firearms allowed sign.

I take my right to personal protection very seriously. My wife and I are fairly new to the area and are law abiding citizens who up until this today had planned on visiting your store. However, we refuse to spend our hard earned money patronizing any establishment that denies our rights and personal choice to carry a firearm.
When a business actively forbids the lawful from carrying firearms they are telling criminals they are welcomed inside and that they'll meet no resistant's from customers inside, entering and or leaving as well as employees of said store.

I am sure that you can understand that criminals will not care what your policies are.
While the Pantops area is a fairly safe no area is truly safe and it is each persons duty to protect themselves. Policies such as yours puts customers and employees at great risk, in my humble opinion.

Please let me know if/when you decide to change your policy to allow lawful firearm carriers inside so we may become customers.
I will request that organizations that post the names of company's that are anti firearm/anti personal defense add Roses to the don't patronize list. There are thousands of members across the Commonwealth and I would like to let them all know what your position is.

An establishment does not have to be strongly pro self-defense - neutral is more than enough. Honor the laws of the state in which you are located - if their conduct is legal, don't penalize the citizens behaving responsibly.
Other company's such as Wal-Mart, Dick's, Starbucks and Target just to name a few have chosen to stay neutral.

Thank You
M

Sent today to:
Roses 400 Pantops Center
Pantops Shopping Center

www.vwstores.com

well said sir!!! You're welcome I was about to walk in with my wife and I noticed the dreaded sign; and told my wife we're not going to give our money to a store that dosent allow us to support our rights!

Last edited:

wylde007

That's a Sad Commentary

Because twenty years ago you used to be able to walk into Rose's and pick through CRATES of surplus M1s for around $100.

<smh>

Sheriff

Because twenty years ago you used to be able to walk into Rose's and pick through CRATES of surplus M1s for around $100.

<smh>

I had forgotten all about that! At the Roses location in this thread they sold firearms as late as 1997 to 2000.

Marco

Mon, 1 Oct 2012 15:45:40 -0400

Thank you for your email. I have forwarded the email to our Executive Vice President of Stores. Your comments have been valuable in making a decision to remove the signage. It will take further action still to remove all signage from all stores and to rewrite policy, but the first step has been made to do so.

Betty Seate
Director of Training and Operations Administration
bseate@vwstores.com

I thought this was a dead issue as I hadn't heard from them since my first email.

Arma1911

Marco,

Well said! Another win for Team 2A! Thanks for your efforts.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I thought this was a dead issue as I hadn't heard from them since my first email.

Very Nice! I personally thought these kinds of things never worked, but I stand corrected.

Thanks for the information. I have added them to my don't patronize list

Thank you.

That's awesome.

Marco,

Well said! Another win for Team 2A! Thanks for your efforts.

Now we'll just have to see if they actually follow through...

Fantastic job - the result of one well written, well thought out letter. Thanks Marco.

Yes we need to follow through, but the response is great.

scouser

Mon, 1 Oct 2012 15:45:40 -0400

Thank you for your email. I have forwarded the email to our Executive Vice President of Stores. Your comments have been valuable in making a decision to remove the signage. It will take further action still to remove all signage from all stores and to rewrite policy, but the first step has been made to do so.

Betty Seate
Director of Training and Operations Administration
bseate@vwstores.com

Thanks for the information. I have added them to my don't patronize list

Freddie, check the reply Marco posted that he'd received, they read his email and decided he made a valid argument and now claim to be in the process of removing the signs

nuc65

Activist Member
I liked your letter but modified it a small amount, and tried to make it so with a couple of minor name changes it could be used for other stores/businesses.
-------------------------------------------------

Roses
400 Pantops Center
Pantops Shopping Center
(434) 296-0707
www.vwstores.com

Dear Managers/Owners,

I write because a friend of mine noticed your Pantops store was posted with a no firearms allowed sign.

I am sure that you can understand that criminals will not care what your policies are. While the Pantops area is a usually safe, no area is truly safe from criminal activity, and it is each persons duty to protect themselves. Policies, such as yours, put customers and employees at grave risk. When a business actively forbids law abiding customers from carrying firearms, they are telling criminals they are welcome inside and that they'll meet no resistance too unlawful activities from customers or employees.

I will request that organizations that post the names of companies that are anti-firearm and anti-personal defense, add Roses to the do NOT patronize list.

An establishment does not have to be strongly pro self-defense; it is sufficient that a business remain neutral. A business should honor the laws of the state in which they are located. If a citizen’s conduct is legal then a business should not penalize responsible behavior. Other companies, such as: Wal-Mart, Dick's, Starbucks and Target (just to name a few) have chosen to stay neutral.

Please let me know if you decide to change your policy to allow law-abiding lawful firearm carriers inside so we may become paying customers. There are thousands of pro self-protection members across the Commonwealth and I would like to keep them updated as to what your position is.

Sincerely,

Last edited:

acfreddie

Freddie, check the reply Marco posted that he'd received, they read his email and decided he made a valid argument and now claim to be in the process of removing the signs

Will be making periodical checks to the thread to see if they end up making the change and if they do will remove them from my no go list

Marco

My letter went out in July and all typo's/ etc were checked and corrected before it was sent, the Reply letter from Corporate was just received yesterday Oct 1, 2012.

I will check the Rose's on Pan tops this weekend as this establishment started the ball rolling.

Anyone else who desires to send a letter IMHO it should be a thank you letter that refers to their recent decsion to change their policy regarding the lawful carry of firearms.

From the letter the Corp policy makers clearly seem to be listening, I would imagine it would take a bit of time to get everyone to toe the line.

Last edited:

FTG-05

OUTSTANDING!

This is the way to make businesses sit and take note, especially in this economy.

Well Done! :banana:

Last edited: