• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Quick question about carrying in Denver

GTShooter

Ive been looking all over the place and I cant seem to locate a store outside of Denver that would offer a larger selection of Holsters for my SR9c. I called Bass Pro shop in Denver and they told me they have several from me to choose from. So my question is as follows. How can transport my handgun into Denver if I cannot OC and at the moment do not have a CC permit? I asked at Pro Shop and they will let me bring my hand gun in but told me they would put a trigger lock while I was in the store.

I know there is a store in Co Springs but thats to long of a drive for me right now.

Last edited:

PikesPeakMtnMan

Driving into and thru Denver is no problem as CO doesn't consider a handgun inside a personal vehicle as being concealed.

If the store is not actually inside Denver city limits then open carry without a permit is perfectly legal....if it is inside city limits and you don't have a CHP then things get sticky....You would be breaking the law by carrying from your car to the store...but there are exceptions, I just don't know them off-hand...having the gun unloaded and cased is probably a good start. SOmeone else is bound to jump in here with better info.

mobiushky

Ive been looking all over the place and I cant seem to locate a store outside of Denver that would offer a larger selection of Holsters for my SR9c. I called Bass Pro shop in Denver and they told me they have several from me to choose from. So my question is as follows. How can transport my handgun into Denver if I cannot OC and at the moment do not have a CC permit? I asked at Pro Shop and they will let me bring my hand gun in but told me they would put a trigger lock while I was in the store.

I know there is a store in Co Springs but thats to long of a drive for me right now.

There are several locations throughout the metro that you might choose from. There are a few ranges: BlueCor, The Shootist, Centennial Gun Store that also have stores in them. They may or may not have exactly what you're looking for, but you might call them to see what they do have. There are also a few gun stores that are not associated with shooting ranges that you might try. Rocky Mountain Guns and Ammo comes to mind in Parker. You might also check out Gander mountain, Big 5, or Sports authority. Last ditch you could check Wal-mart, but you know they'll just have $25 nylon generic style.

As for Bass, you could actually try asking them if they have an SR9c in stock that you could test fit some holsters. Not the best, but it alleviates the fear if you are worried about the whole carrying your gun into a store thing. I got my OC holster from Centennial Gun Store on Arapahoe. It's a brand new store and is extremely clean. Seems like it appeals to the LEO/Military style clientele, but maybe that's just me. As for CC, I ordered from on-line. Little plug for N82 tactical. I got a N82 (pronounced Nate Squared) Pro IWB holster. Love it.

Anyway, just a few random thoughts.

Keens

There is a new gun shop in Franktown just south of Parker called Franktown Firearms. The owners are on this forum and you can OC there. They can order just what you're looking for and most of their products come in quickly too. www.franktownfirearms.com

Deserteagle8338

How can transport my handgun into Denver if I cannot OC and at the moment do not have a CC permit?

Here is my advice:

If you want to bring your handgun into a gun store in Denver without a permit, then unload it, put it in a box such as the one it came in, and walk from your car into the store.

If you want proof that it works, think of it this way. You do not need a concealed handgun permit to buy a handgun in Denver. All the people who buy guns at gun stores in Denver pay for it, and then walk it right out to their car. If that was illegal, Im sure cops would be sitting outside Bass Pro and every other store that sells guns ready to make some money for the city by busting everyone that is walking their recently purchased firearm out of the store and into their car.

GTShooter

Thanks for the advice, I might just end up going to a shop outside Denver and save me the trouble. Its kind of a PIA to go into and out of Denver. Ill start checking out the stores you guys have suggested and see which I like the most.

Thank you all again!

Alan

Last edited: