• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ken White Calls Us Out

()pen(arry

Let's refrain from the typical call-outs and just read this, realizing that we, who purport to stand on principles of justice and liberty, ought to do a better job of countenancing our fellow men and women, whatever their provenance.

For the uninitiated, Ken White is one of our foremost advocates, even if he never writes specifically about open carry. I strongly recommend his website, which can be found through the linked post.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Who is this 'us' you are referring to? Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

I'd be willing to say that a significant proportion of the posters heret OCDO make up the "us". All too often reports of police official action regarding an OCer are responded to with almost complete disregard for what few facts are provided, and an assumption that one side is innocent and beset upon while the other side is guilty of nefarious intent. Many of the "scenarios" presented for consideration are easily described aas fishing expeditions for approval/agreement that the OP's blood-lust is justified - especially when the final analysis is that the element of imminent danger never existed. While it is always true that talking to the cops is never a good idea, and doubly so when they are looking at you with regard to an alleged law violation, this is but an expression of the US/THEM dichotomy that has evolved in both camps - A sort of "Let's start out making accusations and then find out if we can assemble enough facts to support them" way of life.

Living by waiting to amass enough information to be more certain than not, let alone certain beyond a reasonable doubt, is very difficult. It requires significantly more energy and resources than the way we normally live, and provides significantly less opportunities as well as exposure to more actual dangers. But for the sake of discussion - reasoned discussion, hopefully - it beats a lot of what takes place here.

stay safe.