Thread: Does this govt office have it all wrong as far as posting?

Lightbulb Does this govt office have it all wrong as far as posting?

My wife has an office in a county govt building. Let me set this up for you.

You walk in double doors,go about 5-7 feet and the building opens up. To the left is an office/reception area. To the right theres a large waiting room,and a reception area down at the far end,this where my wife office is. I've carried my Taurus Judge Holstered many times in there. Today I went to the left reception area when I entered the building. There,and only there does it day anything about unlawful to carry in the building.

Shouldn't this be posted on the front double doors for those like myself,that normally ALWAYS
    go right,and usually pay no attention to the area on the left. Shouldn't this be posted in a conspicuous location for ALL to see,not just those that have business in the left end of the building?

It's not my duty(or is it) to make this correction...should I? Before today,I hadn't even known this building was a no carry zone,and I've been and out of there for years.

The requirements for storage in government buidlings can be found in ARS 13-3102.01 . There are no signage requirements.

Unfortunately, there is no penalty if state or local governments choose to ignore the law. Last year, we (AzCDL) corrected this with HB 2729 which Governor Brewer vetoed (click on the link to read more).

Fred

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by azcdlfred View Post
    The requirements for storage in government buidlings can be found in ARS 13-3102.01 . There are no signage requirements.

Unfortunately, there is no penalty if state or local governments choose to ignore the law. Last year, we (AzCDL) corrected this with HB 2729 which Governor Brewer vetoed (click on the link to read more).

Fred
    It would be nice if they added something like the following to the posted AZ law.... "Failure to provide specified storage and retrieval of / for firearms/weapons shall make enforcement of firearms possession in said building NULL AND VOID."
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

If you want to be covered you can ask the receptionist where the gun lockers are and when she says "What?", it would be a logical bet that they are not in compliance with the law and carry onwards.
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.