• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does this govt office have it all wrong as far as posting?

az_shooter

My wife has an office in a county govt building. Let me set this up for you.

You walk in double doors,go about 5-7 feet and the building opens up. To the left is an office/reception area. To the right theres a large waiting room,and a reception area down at the far end,this where my wife office is. I've carried my Taurus Judge Holstered many times in there. Today I went to the left reception area when I entered the building. There,and only there does it day anything about unlawful to carry in the building.

Shouldn't this be posted on the front double doors for those like myself,that normally ALWAYS
go right,and usually pay no attention to the area on the left. Shouldn't this be posted in a conspicuous location for ALL to see,not just those that have business in the left end of the building?

It's not my duty(or is it) to make this correction...should I? Before today,I hadn't even known this building was a no carry zone,and I've been and out of there for years.

azcdlfred

The requirements for storage in government buidlings can be found in ARS 13-3102.01 . There are no signage requirements.

Unfortunately, there is no penalty if state or local governments choose to ignore the law. Last year, we (AzCDL) corrected this with HB 2729 which Governor Brewer vetoed (click on the link to read more).

Fred

JoeSparky

Centurion
The requirements for storage in government buidlings can be found in ARS 13-3102.01 . There are no signage requirements.

Unfortunately, there is no penalty if state or local governments choose to ignore the law. Last year, we (AzCDL) corrected this with HB 2729 which Governor Brewer vetoed (click on the link to read more).

Fred

It would be nice if they added something like the following to the posted AZ law.... "Failure to provide specified storage and retrieval of / for firearms/weapons shall make enforcement of firearms possession in said building NULL AND VOID."

Phoenix David

If you want to be covered you can ask the receptionist where the gun lockers are and when she says "What?", it would be a logical bet that they are not in compliance with the law and carry onwards.