• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry encounter at the Police Station

Bellum_Intus

PS.. it's private property, they had a sign, they asked you to leave.. In Colorado.. you'd be arrested for criminal trespass if you went back in..

In Colorado , MOST of us respect property rights..

FYI.. you have your first "dislike" on the video..

*click*

--Rob

[edited out my nasty remarks.. lol]

Last edited:

LoneEchoWolf

PS.. it's private property, they had a sign, they asked you to leave.. In Colorado.. you'd be arrested for criminal trespass if you went back in..

In Colorado , MOST of us respect property rights..

FYI.. you have your first "dislike" on the video..

*click*

--Rob

[edited out my nasty remarks.. lol]

HAha well said rob. Just because the LEO was uneducated doesnt mean you should be, If it wasnt just about dinner time i bet i could jump on and find a Private Property law that is just about the same as Colorado, Here if your asked to leave, you leave, or your trespassing. Learn the Laws before trying to get hits on YT. makeing us all look bad.

Last edited:

LoneEchoWolf

actully it took me two minutes, now im off to dinner. enjoy the reading! im going to copy paste a section and the link, if your intrested in learning about your states laws give it a read. thanks!

The Nevada trespassing law under NRS 207.200 outlaws the following actions:

1.Going onto another persons’ property with the intent to annoy the owner or occupant or to commit a crime there,1 or

2.Willfully going on or remaining on another person’s property after having been warned by the owner or occupant not to trespass.2

In short, you may be arrested if you go or stay on somebody else’s land without their consent.
heres the site i got it from http://www.shouselaw.com/nevada/trespass.html#definition

Semper-Fi
~Wolf~

Edit: I was in a rush and some reason thought it was Kali, (which automaticlly comes to mind, these are the ppl that call in MWAG calls on themselves) fixed it though, thanks for the nudge rob!

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

Howdy Amigo!
That serve is likely to be quashed in court because you came to make service of process while openly carrying a firearm.
Any attorney worth their salt would quash the serve as invalid on the basis of INTIMIDATION. (i.e., your carry of a firearm).

But if you don't mind making bad serves and failing to provide excellent service to your client, be my guest.
A good lawyer would have little trouble convincing a judge that you've just done sewer service.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin
Member: Process Servers Association of Colorado,
Listed on: ServeNow
Athame Investigations,
Division of Colorado Bounty Hunter LLC.

Bellum_Intus

But if you don't mind making bad serves and failing to provide excellent service to your client, be my guest.
A good lawyer would have little trouble convincing a judge that you've just done sewer service.

BAM! .. My atty JUST replied to me about the same.. "I wish people would serve my clients like that, they'd walk" .. hahah!!

(yes, I HAD to share the video with him lol )

--Rob

M-Taliesin

BAM! .. My atty JUST replied to me about the same.. "I wish people would serve my clients like that, they'd walk" .. hahah!!

(yes, I HAD to share the video with him lol )

--Rob

Howdy Pard!
Hope you also shared my remarks with your lawyer. Maybe he could use a professional server. I can sure use more clients!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

PFC HALE

nothing personal but the vid seemed more like a reality tv show than anything worth merit. plus what others stated, if asked to leave due to private property and signage- DO IT. otherwise enjoy some jailtime.

Bellum_Intus

Private property?

Any place the government uccupies is considered public, whether it is leased or not.

Walk into the PD open in Colorado and see how far you get.. And this is Colorado, not Nevada.. he posted in the wrong states forum..

I personaly HATE (ppl in Colorado forum know how much too) these videos.. they make us look like a bunch of lunatics..
Also, as MT had stated, they were on a professional service and VERY LIKELY lost their clients case for them.. real professional there..

--Rob

CCinMaine

In Maine it is illegal to enter any building that is "properly posted" as "gun free" also. And it looks like this guy is spamming every state forum he can...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mahkagari

1.Going onto another persons’ property with the intent to annoy the owner or occupant or to commit a crime there,1 or

Is going to annoy someone illegal in CO? Seriously. I think there are plenty of teen and early '20s young gentlemen that can be prosecuted for going someplace to "mess with people". I carry a super soaker of witch hazel for such during zombie crawls for just that reason. Well, I've considered it at least.

LoneEchoWolf

Is going to annoy someone illegal in CO? Seriously. I think there are plenty of teen and early '20s young gentlemen that can be prosecuted for going someplace to "mess with people". I carry a super soaker of witch hazel for such during zombie crawls for just that reason. Well, I've considered it at least.

No actually thats from the language in the Nevada laws. i believe i cite just above it actually but its NRS 207.200.

1.Unless a greater penalty is provided pursuant to NRS 200.603, any person who, under circumstances not amounting to a burglary:

a.Goes upon the land or into any building of another with intent to vex or annoy the owner or occupant thereof, or to commit any unlawful act; or

b.Willfully goes or remains upon any land or in any building after having been warned by the owner or occupant thereof not to trespass,
→ is guilty of a misdemeanor. The meaning of this subsection is not limited by subsections 2 and 4.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Private property?

Any place the government uccupies is considered public, whether it is leased or not.

Nrs 202.3673

Correct. A few people jumped the gun here. A police station by definition CANNOT be private property. If you are conducting lawful business, they cannot trespass you.

We have a big problem with county and city governments here violating our state's preemption, and some guys are working on it, from every angle of attack. This video will be used against them, RIGHTLY, and I'm glad I got to see it.

I can't comment on why it's posted in CO, except because perhaps the OP feels it's important in states with similar problems. As for the process serving, though I see no reason why process serving can't be armed. Police are armed, and we don't consider that intimidation. But I don't know if there are RULES for serving. Additionally, are the rules different if you serve yourself versus hiring a professional? I'm actually a little disappointed at the bad motives imputed to the OP in this forum before asking him any questions.

Last edited:

Bellum_Intus

Correct. A few people jumped the gun here. A police station by definition CANNOT be private property. If you are conducting lawful business, they cannot trespass you.

We have a big problem with county and city governments here violating our state's preemption, and some guys are working on it, from every angle of attack. This video will be used against them, RIGHTLY, and I'm glad I got to see it.

I can't comment on why it's posted in CO, except because perhaps the OP feels it's important in states with similar problems. As for the process serving, though I see no reason why process serving can't be armed. Police are armed, and we don't consider that intimidation. But I don't know if there are RULES for serving. Additionally, are the rules different if you serve yourself versus hiring a professional? I'm actually a little disappointed at the bad motives imputed to the OP in this forum before asking him any questions.

1. Laws in Colorado are not laws in Nevada
2. OP posted in the wrong state
3. His service was sloppy and would have killed a case here in Colorado
4. Sometimes these videos do nothing but make OC advocates look like lunatics to the general populace
5. Head on attacks such as this are like ******* in the wind..

I personally don't care to take on the PD head on, I personally don't like bully advocacy, I prefer to advocate one encounter at a time, and educate people so then they can educate others.. once you get there.. VOTES will change the system.. Gestapo activism IMO is counterproductive..

PS.. I wouldn't have said a word if this hadn't been posted in CO forum..

AND... thank God I live in Colorado... =)

--Rob

Last edited: