Thread: getting ready to oc for the first time

getting ready to oc for the first time

I live in raytown mo. im getting a blackhawk cqc serpa for my sig sp2022. spent hours reading on here and thought this might just be the best way to get my ducks in a row leading up to my first time.

looking for confirmation of legal oc without a ccw in 5 local citys?
    raytown
    kansas city mo
    indepence
    lee's summit
    blue springs

now this one is the tricky one. whats the most respectfull way of handling a stop with a leo without being a dick. i dont have any problem giving up my id for them to run all there going to see is a single speeding ticket. so far my basic response is that its legal to oc in missouri and "X" city. i have no desire to get into a discussion of it as im new to this. thank you in advance for the input

Just tell them you're Archangel and you don't take no crap from nobody.

In all seriousness though, I can't say I know if OC is legal in those areas, but I do know that being calm, polite and respectful when dealing with LE will go a long way. Don't give in to everything they say, but it is possible to politely refuse. Also, smiling and saying "Yes, sir" and "No, sir" generally help.

Not saying he won't give you a hard time anyway. Some LEOs just don't like OC, same as anyone else. But it's less likely to escalate if you stay calm and respectful.

Google 'name of city' ordinances or municipal code. Then read them. Know them before you OC, this will bolster your confidence....just a little bit, but a little bit is better than no bit.

The key is to not look so darn nervous. Imagine that weight on your hip as nothing any more dangerous than this....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DynaTAC.jpeg 
Views:	43 
Size:	4.4 KB 
ID:	8760

Then again, if you are seen wandering the streets with that on your hip the cops may make a point of 'investigating' your fitness to handle a firearm.

Good luck.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Google 'name of city' ordinances or municipal code. Then read them. Know them before you OC, this will bolster your confidence....just a little bit, but a little bit is better than no bit.

The key is to not look so darn nervous. Imagine that weight on your hip as nothing any more dangerous than this....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DynaTAC.jpeg 
Views:	43 
Size:	4.4 KB 
ID:	8760

Then again, if you are seen wandering the streets with that on your hip the cops may make a point of 'investigating' your fitness to handle a firearm.

Good luck.

In all seriousness, Google is your friend in reviewing the codes/ laws/rules etc for each municipality you want to OC in. As a couple have said, don't look soooo nervous; be polite; then be confident (meaning, know the laws for that city), then be friendly when encountering LEO. Being a ***** doesn't help. As Dale Carnegie said (or one of his presenters) you can say something two ways: 1-with a smile and confidence; or 2-forcing vinegar down someones throat. Which one will get you the most/best resolution?
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain