Thread: Eruption Near Charlotsville

Eruption Near Charlotsville

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Virginia.html

....OC related????....well, SHTF related....sort of....
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Virginia is home to two dormant volcanoes. Mole Hill in Rockingham County and Trimble Knob in Highland County.
    I don't think we have to worry to much about them. Godzilla on the other hand has me very concerned.

With anticipated rainfall between 100 & 200 inches, how much Humi-Dri should I add to my gun safe?

Also, depending on just how fast the tidal wave comes ashore I'm thinking this might be one of the few times the rest of you will not make fun of me for having my OC sidearm on a lanyard.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    It wouldn't be a bad thing if Godzilla or a Volcano cleaned out some of the spruce yuppies and T-Genes in and around Charlotsville.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    It wouldn't be a bad thing if Godzilla or a Volcano cleaned out some of the spruce yuppies and T-Genes in and around Charlotsville.
    Question is whether the heat generated will make the bagels too hard to consume...........except for reptiles like Godzilla.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Question is whether the heat generated will make the bagels too hard to consume...........except for reptiles like Godzilla.
    Very Possible!

This is meaningless, as we know that we are not welcome to OC while getting bagels - even during a volcanic super-hurricane tidal wave Godzilla invasion.

But wait! Maybe a certain someone would be willing to do a bagel run - as long as we did not refer to it as an OC event? But can they be trusted not to bring back decaff coffee?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    This is meaningless, as we know that we are not welcome to OC while getting bagels - even during a volcanic super-hurricane tidal wave Godzilla invasion.

But wait! Maybe a certain someone would be willing to do a bagel run - as long as we did not refer to it as an OC event? But can they be trusted not to bring back decaff coffee?

stay safe.
    Decent people don't eat Bagels. We can always send out for Jess's Hotdogs from the West Side!

Only CCers drink....decaff....yuk!
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff View Post
    My daughter got off this morning (night shift nurse), and I sent her by to pick me up an egg and bacon bagel before she went home. Bodo's get better with each passing day! You people don't know what you're missing. You can talk about it, you can dream about it, but I get to experience the REAL THING!!!!
    Don't ask, don't tell then no one will question your version.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

My daughter got off this morning (night shift nurse), and I sent her by to pick me up an egg and bacon bagel before she went home. Bodo's get better with each passing day! You people don't know what you're missing. You can talk about it, you can dream about it, but I get to experience the REAL THING!!!!
    BWAAAHAHAHA, my rights are worth SO MUCH MORE THAN SOME SANDWICH! Sigh...maybe one day you'll get it.

Skidmark,

If you do decide to put your carry piece on a lanyard please remember to put a floaty around it as well so it doesn't drag you down. Unless you dont carry a real big gun and just a piece of Tupperware, !

Well I'm glad I'm west of the Blue Ridge! Look on the bright side...it's going to be back in the 90's on Thursday

Whoa!!! Bodo said open carry is acceptable.

His exact words were.....
    The fact is he did ask someone in his store open carrying to conceal it, and he did not say that as a whole open carry was ok. He said he would rather us hide our guns because of feelings. He did say that he understands the law and that OC is legal. But after his actions that speak louder than words. I can not trust that he wll not single me out in his store for a little demonstration. So as a case in point I will not fill his little register with my hard earned money.

I feel that he changed his mind after having time to think about it. It's not that many people carrying guns openly that will be going into Bodo's anyway.
    Was that possibly be due to the honest, responsible presentation of facts/education offered by people here?

You're asking me to speculate on what prompted Bodo's decisions. Now, if you want me to take an educated guess, I would say the fact I told him that very few people practice open carry in the Charlottesvile area and that it would never become a day to day concern on his behalf might be why he has adopted the policy he has outlined here on the forums. I do not for one second believe that a threat to boycott his business played any part in the decisions and remarks he made here.
    Wow this thread was fun and funny until you showed up. Maybe you should change your name from Sheriff to Wet blanket...just a thought.

I feelthat he changed his mind after having time to think about it. It's not that many people carrying guns openly that will be going into Bodo's anyway.
    Was that possibly be due to the honest, responsible presentation of facts/education offered by people here?
    You're asking me to speculate on what prompted Bodo's decisions. Now, if you want me to take an educated guess, I would say the fact I told him that very few people practice open carry in the Charlottesvile area and that it would never become a day to day concern on his behalf might be why he has adopted the policy he has outlined here on the forums. I do not for one second believe that a threat to boycott his business played any part in the decisions and remarks he made here.
    No, no - was asking you about your feelings per the above lead in quote.

But as to the other - The risk (something bad happening as a result of allowing OC) is low, therefore you speculate that your statement of that fact coupled with the suggestion that we are few contributed to his decision. Did you actually articulate that to Bodo's?

Will you be OCing as you go about your normal every day activities - which would seem to include the establishment referenced - or would doing so increase the risk? Here I thought OCing reduced risk proportionally, other than the "risk" of perhaps being seen more easily and there is much to support that as being a benefit.

You both would profit from (re)reading Gun Facts .

Sorry that you seem to think that OC will "never become a day to day concern" reality in Charlottesville.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 07-03-2012 at 06:00 PM. Reason: added

So has anyone tried to OC at Bodo's since the curfuffle?

This message has at least 1 character in it's body as required by the Nazis who designed the forum's software :^).

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Virginia.html

....OC related????....well, SHTF related....sort of....
    That's hilarious! Let's hope Godzilla will really be able to deflect that super storm.

========================
    NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
    Teaching Classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
    PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing