• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New LOCAL meeting dates and locations for July Reminder

HeroHog

Just a reminder that to avoid interfering with anyones' July 4th plans we are pushing back the meeting dates in July by one week. The meetings in Shreveport and LaPlace will be on Wednesday, July 11, 2012. Still at 6:30pm.
Due to the horrible customer service at the Shreveport IHOP the NorthWest Chapter has decided to move its' meetings down the road to Tiger Bites (8510 Youree Drive).
The SouthEast Chapter will endure the horrible IHOP service and continue to meet at the IHOP on Belle Terre in LaPlace in July. If the meeting room is double booked again, as it has been in recent months, we will move our meeting to a corner of the main resturant area to avoid having to deal with noise issues.

Carry IS allowed at both IHOP and Tiger Bites, both concealed and Open Carry and you may carry or not as you choose. While this is a LOCAL event, you do NOT have to be a LOCAL member to attend. All are invited. Come out and socialize and learn about LOCAL and Open Carry.

http://laopencarry.freeforums.org/july-meeting-dates-and-locations-t1123.html

Last edited:

HeroHog

The agenda for the next meeting includes discussing Videoing police stops and we will watch and discuss an OC event Steve R. turned me on to that I am including a link to in this message and I would like us all to watch it.

"Recently a video has been making the rounds of an OCer who was stopped in May in Portland Maine. The OCer was very knowledgeable and took charge of the encounter with police, asserted his rights and was able to get his weapon returned to him and proceed on his way. We thought that this would make a great topic of discussion in how an OCer in La could handle a LEO encounter and what our laws are regarding "Stop & ID" and relevant case law such as Terry V Ohio. In case you haven’t seen the video it can be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfdEbe7e9GE ."

Remember, the meeting will be held Wednesday the 11th at Tiger Bites at 8510 Youree Drive, Shreveport, LA 71115, (318) 797-4051 and it is just down from IHOP on Youree just at the end of the creek crossing on the right.

We also have the NWLOCAL Shoot and meet on Sunday, July 15 at 8:00 AM at the Bodcau WMA, 168 Ben Durden Rd., Haughton, LA 71037!