• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Socorro OC

dehartenator

I am from Socorro and i am new to open carry. i haven't carried in town before and am also curious about anyone else that carries here in town. And also any other places who don't allow OC other than the normal places like Wal-Mart and the places that sell alcohol.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
You two guys should schedule an OC "Meet & Greet" event at your local Denny's or IHOP and discuss the issue. If no one (?) is OCing in Socorro (hard to believe there aren't more than just a few), then Denny's & IHOP will need to get used to seeing and having OCer customers -- eventually. Remember, part of OCing is educating & desensitizing the public -- and cops, if need be.

Post the event date/time here and possibly some other Socorro locals (if any, and if only lurking here presently) can read about it and may also attend. Stop by (recon-mission) those two places to see if there are any "No Guns" sign posted on the front door but if not, you should be good to go. If a Denny's or IHOP is a Franchise store (vs. Corporate-owned) Franchise owners may be able to disallow guns on the premises even if Corporate does not. Not sure...

I AM sure, however, that Starbucks is okay with OCers but I don't think Socorro has one (hard to believe) -- nor a Village Inn which is also fine with OCing (at least the VIs in Rio Rancho & ABQ).

Whatever, get something going in Socorro...you guys could be the "Founding Fathers" of the Socorro OC scene! :)

Good luck...

Last edited: