• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wish me luck!!!

M-Taliesin

Howdy Pard!
Depending on where you go in California, you might be better off being deployed to Kabul!

Of all the places where you aren't able to carry your sidearm, loaded for your personal protection,
California ain't the first to come to mind as a terrific location to do that.

Watch your six,
stay safe out there!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

SpringsColt

Every once in a while I like to embrace the Naked Warrior concept. LA wouldn't be where'd I'd be inclined to try though. Head on a swivel man.

Come back to America safe, hear?

since9

Campaign Veteran
I've got family & friends in Orange County, it's not THAT bad.

Lol! I concur. I briefly visited one of the less desirable neighborhoods and received some penetrating stares, but if you're staying with family, it's not like criminals are kicking in your doors every evening. My Aunt lived in a seedy area for more than 30 years, and she was never once assaulted, burglarized, or robbed.

kingofbattle

Are you actually going to L.A. or a suburb?

I've got family & friends in Orange County, it's not THAT bad.

Highland Park, CA. 90042

Lol! I concur. I briefly visited one of the less desirable neighborhoods and received some penetrating stares, but if you're staying with family, it's not like criminals are kicking in your doors every evening. My Aunt lived in a seedy area for more than 30 years, and she was never once assaulted, burglarized, or robbed.

I agree it's not that bad... just sucks can't carry open/concealed

Every once in a while I like to embrace the Naked Warrior concept. LA wouldn't be where'd I'd be inclined to try though. Head on a swivel man.

Come back to America safe, hear?

yeah i feel naked without a gun lol... be back soon

Howdy Pard!
Depending on where you go in California, you might be better off being deployed to Kabul!

Of all the places where you aren't able to carry your sidearm, loaded for your personal protection,
California ain't the first to come to mind as a terrific location to do that.

Watch your six,
stay safe out there!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

being deployed i had my M4, here in Cali i have my pocket knife lol...

Enjoy!.. and keep your head down :p

--Rob

thanks Rob.. i still need to get that brass to ya.