Thread: need help

need help

hi my name is Emmanuel Lopez. im 22. live in Waterbury ct. i went for my ct gun permit in February in last month i receive a letter saying " approval of ct gun permit". so i went to the police station and they told me i had to get a disposition. one of my friends told me that it only takes eight weeks to get the permit and i been waiting more than that. can any one help me please. my email is elcangrituyo16@hotmail.com just in case im not here.

Banned
    your post makes little sense

Emmanuel, it sounds like you had a court case that they do not know the disposition of, you need to go to the court house and get a copy of the disposition for the case they are looking for, do you have pending charges for anything? They may be waiting to see the disposition of that if so. If you actually received a letter of approval I would go back to WPD and demand your temp permit as it has been approved.
    Member:, NRA Patron Life, NSSF, CCDL, CT Carry, MRPC and Bell City
    NRA Certified Instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer - Basic Pistol, Home Firearm Safety, Metallic Cartridge/Shotgun Shell Reloading - www.ctpistolpermit.com

FYI - A more detailed description was emailed to Connecticut Carry and we have replied with most of what he needs to know.

I won't post any details, that is up to the OP.
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

Banned
    A pending court case is not relevant. If he has his gun rights, he has a right to the permit. If he loses his gun rights, then the permit can be revoked.

They cannot withhold your permit that they issued ... a civil suit would be in order if they are withholding your permit. And you can file a writ of mandamus to force the PD to give you the permit..