• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ACLU has phone APP. -- That Lets Users Secretly Record Police Stops

Merlin

Beautiful. This is the kind of thing that could make a huge leap in civil rights being protected from violation. Nice.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Ca Patriot

from my experiences with police and those that ive observed, the police dont refrain from violating a citizens rights even when they know a camera is on.

i seriously doubt this new app will stop police.

it will however earn some money for the ACLU in new lawsuits though.

ComradeV

Campaign Veteran
Almost all humans behave, at least somewhat, differently when they believe they are being watched.

Perhaps police have noticed recording them doesn't usually help their victims so they are more emboldened or they believe fully in the righteousness of their actions.