Thread: July 4th and Police Encounters--Reminder

Founder's Club Member
    Fairfax Co., VA

July 4th and Police Encounters--Reminder

Hey, all.

Its that time again--July 4th.

It seems like every year, one or more OCers get illegally detained or arrested attending a gathering or fireworks or festival on July 4th.

Be on your toes and, if legal, have your voice-recorder or video recorder handy. Bone up on your pat phrases for police encounters if you need to.

Have a safe 4th.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Greater Eastside Washington
    Don't forget the DUI check points and patrols too.

They will be stopping anyone who looks different on the pretext that you're drunk, again.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)