Thread: Ever bump in to another OC'er?

Ever bump in to another OC'er?

Okay, here's one: I've been OC'ing every day since February, and have yet to bump into another OC'er in my travels. I know we're out there, but just haven't ever seen anyone else doing it (save for LEO's of course). Ever bump into one out there, besides our Meet and Greets?

I run into "Larry the Cable Guy" types way more often...

We need some saturation out there folks! In more ways than one!

Cheers,

Trav

Waldo Update

I am bad at forums.
    Last edited by SpringsColt; 07-04-2012 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringsColt View Post
    Okay, here's one: I've been OC'ing every day since February, and have yet to bump into another OC'er in my travels. I know we're out there, but just haven't ever seen anyone else doing it (save for LEO's of course). Ever bump into one out there, besides our Meet and Greets?

I run into "Larry the Cable Guy" types way more often...

We need some saturation out there folks! In more ways than one!

Cheers,

Trav
    I have yet to bump into another OC in my area, but my towns small so i doubt theres very many, always hopeing to bump into one though and have a good conversation!
    Semper-Fi
    ~Wolf~

"Sons of the Republic, arise and take a stand!
    Defend the Constitution, the Supreme Law of the Land!
    Preserve our great republic and each God-given right,
    And pray to God to keep the torch of freedom burning bright!"
    -Thelen Paulk

I've yet to run into another OC'er here in the Springs , though apparently myself and my g/f, and another gentleman and his wife all frequent the same King Soopers....

I have run into a couple OC'ers when I've been in other towns in the area though....Canon City, Woodland Park, Buena Vista

...the last OC'er I saw here in the Springs was the very first one I saw, many years ago, and I had pegged him for a bounty hunter or something similar.
    One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.

Howdy Pard!
    There are a lot of folks who were avid into OC last year that I never see around any longer.
    I have a sneaky suspicion that there are some folks who OC, join the forum, become part of the herd....
    until they get their CCW permit. Once that happens, all of a sudden, you never hear of them again.

Then again, unless things have changed since I lived in Colorado Springs, they claim that the population is mobile.
    By that I mean that people come, live in the area awhile, then move on someplace else.
    Part of that, reasonably enough, is because Colorado Springs has a heavy military presence, what with NORAD, Fort Carson and Peterson AFB.
    Another part is that Colorado Springs is a college town. Colorado College, UCCS, and others to the mix. They come, work their way through school, then move on!
    I once heard a claim that the equivolent of the entire population of Colorado Springs changes over about every 4 years. Dunno if that's true or not, but you do have a lot of folks that seem to be "just passing through". Then there's the whole business atmosphere where many find a really great job in the Springs, and eventually end up being transferred to another market.

Point being, those of us who call the front range our home seldom see folks OC'ing for a variety of reasons. Often it is because we don't notice as we go about our own business, and unless we get a clear look at the holstered handgun, can easily miss seeing another OC'er. In this regard, we ourselves are not unlike the rest of society through which we move. You've noticed that the average citizen doesn't seem to notice our handgun hanging on our hip. We marvel at how they either do not notice or just dont feel bothered about it. It is a common theme on our forum. "Nobody seemed to notice". I think a huge part of that is they just don't see the gun. And we aren't any different. We're so focused on who might be looking at us, or possibly troublesome, that we might not notice another OC quietly going about their own business.

Just a few thoughts that come to mind. I'm sure there are plenty of other reasons why we seldom see another OC'er, not the least of which would be:
    We are few and indeed.
    We few,
    We happy few!

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

Quote Originally Posted by PikesPeakMtnMan View Post
    ...though apparently myself and my g/f, and another gentleman and his wife all frequent the same King Soopers...
    Mine's a g/f too, a very permanent g/f

You might be wrong about the "gentleman part too

Just kidding, hope to bump into you sometime!

O2
    Last edited by O2HeN2; 07-05-2012 at 01:20 AM.
    When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
    They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
    Zero failures comes at infinite cost.

I'm an OCer in the Springs and have yet to run into anybody

I have run into two of them, not counting Since9. Both were in a cafe I frequent for coffee. One was a young man who was a bit nervous about carrying until I told him it was ok, it was an OC friendly restaurant. The second was this last Tuesday and he was carrying in a 5 o'clock position. I think it was a Smith and Wesson pistol of some kind. Of course I carry there myself.

Why don't we meet at Dad's Qwik Inn next week. He is located on Main in Security. He serves BBQ and some of the best coffee in the area. And reasonable in cost, coffee is .99.
    Last edited by jhco50; 07-05-2012 at 02:18 AM.

Sounds good to me....I live just off of Grinnel anyways....haha

Spent last weekend at our annual Jamboree with about 40 people, at least half of whom were carrying openly. No idea how many were concealing.

Come visit the "Free State Wyoming" bunch sometime. http://www.freestatewyoming.org/
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

I've seen quite a bit of OC'ers while hiking, fishing, camping up in the hills. Other than that, I've only seen 2 OC'ers in the last couple years. One at a small mom and pop Resturant in Georgetown a few years back with a Ruger P89 (I think) in a drop leg holster, and the other one a few months ago at Safeway in Elizabeth fueling up his car. He had a small revolver on his 3 o'clock OWB, looked like a Bodygaurd or maybe a LCR. Didn't get a chance to talk to either one

keens

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MamaLiberty View Post
    Spent last weekend at our annual Jamboree with about 40 people, at least half of whom were carrying openly. No idea how many were concealing.

Come visit the "Free State Wyoming" bunch sometime. http://www.freestatewyoming.org/
    That is awesome!

I ran into one at a sub shop the day of our last M&G. I remember saying to my friends, 'see? other people carry too'. He ran off too quickly for me to invite him to the M&G or the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by PikesPeakMtnMan View Post
    I've yet to run into another OC'er here in the Springs , though apparently myself and my g/f, and another gentleman and his wife all frequent the same King Soopers....

I have run into a couple OC'ers when I've been in other towns in the area though....Canon City, Woodland Park, Buena Vista

...the last OC'er I saw here in the Springs was the very first one I saw, many years ago, and I had pegged him for a bounty hunter or something similar.
    yep!

saw a guy just this week OC'ing at king soopers.

another a few months back at panera bread (c-springs)

Quote Originally Posted by Torquemaster69 View Post
    Sounds good to me....I live just off of Grinnel anyways....haha
    Well, I will be At Dad's Kwik Inn tomorrow at noon. Come on by and I will introduce you to a Cherokee Indian and a TaeKwondo Black Belt/movie actor who was killed in all of the movies he was in, LOL. He was always the bad guy and was killed by some of the best, like Chuck Norris.

On occasion.

Shortly after I first arrived, I observed the "Cowboy" in Old Colorado City. He's almost as well-known as the city itself.

A couple of shop keepers I know OC.

I had a nice conversation about three months ago with a couple of guys OCing at a Starbucks.

I don't believe any of them were members here on OCDO.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.