Thread: In Taiwan, Police Seize DIY 12 Gauge Revolver

Exclamation In Taiwan, Police Seize DIY 12 Gauge Revolver

"This crazy DIY monstrosity apparently isn't the first shotgun revolver, but it is the first one authorities in Taiwan found that can shoot standard 12-gauge rounds. Think about that. 12-gauge rounds in a revolver."

Read more;http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...%3Disch&itbs=1

clik on pic;Attachment 8774

clik on pic;Attachment 8775

link; It's a DIY affair,,,http://gizmodo.com/shotgun-revolver/
    Last edited by scott58dh; 07-04-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    This incident/story goes back several years.

Said then that I would not want to shoot that darn thing, nor be anywhere near it when it was fired.

My opinion has not changed.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    This incident/story goes back several years.

Said then that I would not want to shoot that darn thing, nor be anywhere near it when it was fired.

My opinion has not changed.
    i just thot it was interestingly humorous, & I see now that the story does date back to 2010.

Most here probably have never heard of much less seen the original "zip guns" of the 1960s and '70s. They were either made of metal car antenna or coffee pot percolator stems - fired .22 cal rim fire ammo. Used rubber bands for the firing pin (nail) spring. The barrel assembly was taped to the top of a coped frame/grip. Scary contraption that eventually would KABOOM.
    http://maoist.wikia.com/wiki/Zip_Gun
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Most here probably have never heard of much less seen the original "zip guns" of the 1960s and '70s. They were either made of metal car antenna or coffee pot percolator stems - fired .22 cal rim fire ammo. Used rubber bands for the firing pin (nail) spring. The barrel assembly was taped to the top of a coped frame/grip. Scary contraption that eventually would KABOOM.
    http://maoist.wikia.com/wiki/Zip_Gun
    Yeah, I remember hearing about *zip-guns* & also **Saturday Night Specials**.
    ;http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_Night_Specials

My, my,, how the times have changed. There was a time when a BG had to have "connections" to get a "SNS", now all they need to do is go to Mexico & OUR Gov't will just ship them all that they want, Tax Free at That !

peace&rkba4ever!

Quote Originally Posted by scott58dh View Post
    Yeah, I remember hearing about *zip-guns* & also **Saturday Night Specials**.
    ;http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_Night_Specials

My, my,, how the times have changed. There was a time when a BG had to have "connections" to get a "SNS", now all they need to do is go to Mexico & OUR Gov't will just ship them all that they want, Tax Free at That !

peace&rkba4ever!
    Inside scoop on Saturday Night Specials - that was the antis term for any affordable (cheaper) small pocket sized gun. The point was to make guns less affordable to the masses by trying to block the sales of such - not to save us from shoddy products. A few were poorly made, but most were up to the standards of the day.

There may be a few here that would recognize my .25 cal Raven as one of those. It has its place on the shelf......where it rests permanently.

well,,,

Inside scoop on Saturday Night Specials - that was the antis term for any affordable (cheaper) small pocket sized gun. The point was to make guns less affordable to the masses by trying to block the sales of such - not to save us from shoddy products. A few were poorly made, but most were up to the standards of the day.

There may be a few here that would recognize my .25 cal Raven as one of those. It has its place on the shelf......where it rests permanently.
    look up saturday night special in wikipedia,,, they will show a Raven.
    I bought mine in 1976 at value giant in bremerton, 40 bucks.
    It worked reliably untill I milled down the thickness of the slide to make it slimmer.
    I broke off the front strap many years later, in front of many of my friends.
    I wrote a thread about it.
    After many hours in my machine shop, with some stainless sheet, hammers, milling, filing, and drilling, I reserected it !!!
    I still shoot a few rounds when I go to the pit, and it is still reliable,,,, as it has always been.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

And,,,

Just to rerail this off topic posting...

I am playing with the build of a 12 gauge, single shot, pistol!
    Using only hard ware store cheap pipe, tees, all thread, nuts, washers, springs and pipe cap.
    Hand tools only. Hack saw, files, hand drill.
    the hardest part to make will be the trigger.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    Just to rerail this off topic posting...

I am playing with the build of a 12 gauge, single shot, pistol!
    Using only hard ware store cheap pipe, tees, all thread, nuts, washers, springs and pipe cap.
    Hand tools only. Hack saw, files, hand drill.
    the hardest part to make will be the trigger.
    I would be interested in seeing this creation. Hope you post pics if you decide to do it.

I find it particularly funny that the maker of this gun etched a "markers mark" that looks sort of like the Beretta logo, and the words "Made In USA" on the frame, between the grip and the trigger. Not many "zip gun" makers go to the trouble of making fake makers marks like that. Very clever...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964