• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

99%

WOD

I did notice two things wrong with the presentation. The bailouts aka TARP were authorized by Bush ( the video showed Obama ) and although we were told they were 700 Billion, they were much, much, more. TARP was the only publicly disclosed act, but the banks were being fed billions by the Federal Reserve before that. But overall, great video.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
I did notice two things wrong with the presentation. The bailouts aka TARP were authorized by Bush ( the video showed Obama ) and although we were told they were 700 Billion, they were much, much, more. TARP was the only publicly disclosed act, but the banks were being fed billions by the Federal Reserve before that. But overall, great video.

Not quite true...

The TARP program originally authorized expenditures of $700 billion. The Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act reduced the amount authorized to $475 billion. By March 28, 2012, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) stated that total disbursements would be $431 billion and estimated the total cost, including grants for mortgage programs that have not yet been made, would be $32 billion.[SUP][1][/SUP] This is significantly less than the taxpayers' cost of the savings and loan crisis of the late 1980s but does not include the cost of other "bailout" programs (such as the Federal Reserve's Maiden Lane Transactions and the Federal takeover of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac).

I'm not sure why the video makers didn't make the distinction, but the bottom line is that TARP would not have been needed if the libtards didn't press financial institutions to make Sub-Prime Loans. In this case the people responsible for the crisis were given blank checks to fix their mess. The real waste of tax money was:

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, abbreviated ARRA (Pub.L. 111-5) and commonly referred to as the Stimulus or The Recovery Act, is an economic stimulus package enacted by the 111th United States Congress in February 2009 and signed into law on February 17, 2009, by President Barack Obama.
To respond to the late-2000s recession, the primary objective for ARRA was to save and create jobs almost immediately. Secondary objectives were to provide temporary relief programs for those most impacted by the recession and invest in infrastructure, education, health, and ‘green’ energy. The approximate cost of the economic stimulus package was estimated to be $787 billion at the time of passage, later revised to $831 billion between 2009 and 2019.

The only thing this has stimulated is rage.

Last edited:

WOD

I agree PFW! I was offline for two plus years, and I didn't recall ARRA. They're intentions were in the right place, the execution was screwed up. Either way, just throwing money at the problems hasn't helped, after the initial "crisis" was staved off.

But 100% on the Government being more of an impediment to business, but NOT just the Federal. City, County and State governments, could do more to spur growth ... and should!

Last edited:

Dreamer

I'm not sure why the video makers didn't make the distinction, but the bottom line is that TARP would not have been needed if the libtards didn't press financial institutions to make Sub-Prime Loans. In this case the people responsible for the crisis were given blank checks to fix their mess.

Not quite true... :rolleyes:

The amount total of money tied up in ACTUAL bad mortgages nationwide was actually less than the total annual bonuses given to Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan and CITI execs.

Where the banks went REALLY south was with the fraudulent OPM gambling/pyramid scheme that they so cleverly call "derivatives" and "Credit Default Swaps". When they were allowed to commoditize mortgages and split them up into these secondary, tertiary, quaternary (and further) instruments, and essentially selt fractions of bets on whether or not they would fail, it set up a HUGE potential call-out of their scheme when investors got wise and attempted to bail before they lost everything. And then the whole CDS scam started to fall apart, and the banks all cried "wolf"...

Selling a fraudulent instrument, misleading investors, aiding and even ENCOURAGING house buyers to falsify loan applications, and flat-out absconding with general funds in the form of "bonuses" that were handed out for the BIGGEST acts of criminality is where the money really all went.

I wouldn't mind bailing out a few companies that had been the victims of genuine economic downturns, or were losing market share because of unfair business practices of foreign competitors.

But when we bail out known, proven criminals who have a decade-long track record of theft, graft, and embezzlement, by giving them MORE of the taxpayers money so that they can further fraudulently represent their bottom line figures, I've got a problem with that...

The "housing bubble" was a tiny blip on the radar of the big International Bankster houses. It represents about the same impact on their bottom line that a single local rogue anti-2A cop would have on holster sales in a major urban area where OC is legal.

The REAL problem started when people started to realize that the Real Estate Derivatives market was a sham, and when smaller Institutions started calling in their CDS's with the "Big Boys" and that caused a cascading "call" run on CDS's all up and down the line, because the people in the know understood that CDSs are a Ponzi Scheme, and they needed to get theirs before the "little guys" got theirs...

Every single person involved in the sale, construction, and marketing of CDSs and Derivatives should be brought up on 18 USC Chapter 115 charges, and given the appropriate punishment for their sociopathic, seditious, treasonous, Globalist looting of America...

OC for ME

It is either the feds (IRS) who have their jackbooted foot on my throat, or it is JPM and GS that have their Louis Vuitton brogues on my throat.