Thread: Sarcastic Open Carry Suggestion in "The Olympian"

Sarcastic Open Carry Suggestion in "The Olympian"

(snip)

What’s the answer to all the recent gun violence in the Seattle area?

The gun advocates, the NRA, and those on the side of the Second Constitutional Amendment cite gun violence as the very reason why all of us nongun advocates should go out and purchase our own guns to protect ourselves from criminals.

After all, so long as there’s a continued escalation of gun sales to just about anyone, we all better be packing our own heat in order to stand our ground.

Therefore, I advocate that we all go back to the Tombstone era of wearing guns in full view of the public and codify this nationally as a paragraph addition to the Second Amendment. This then would become the law of the land that we are all required to wear our guns on a belt in full view like Doc Holliday.

Read more here: http://www.theolympian.com/2012/07/0...#storylink=cpy

I never thought about dentistry as profession for myself. Digging around somebodies mouth is not what I had in mind.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Too funny in trying to be a smart ass he actually makes good points.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

It's possible to kill a human being with no particular skill or training, and a single punch. I read about a 12 year old girl who did exactly that to another kid, not too long ago.

We are already armed sufficiently to kill by the time we can walk.

Choosing not to carry a weapon changes little.

Quote Originally Posted by Difdi View Post
    It's possible to kill a human being with no particular skill or training, and a single punch. I read about a 12 year old girl who did exactly that to another kid, not too long ago.

We are already armed sufficiently to kill by the time we can walk.

Choosing not to carry a weapon changes little.
    Yup and there was a big story all over the local news a year or two ago about some poor guy in West Seattle who died after a single punch.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Well, back in 2005 one of my nephews was practicing their own version of WWE Smack Down moves with his best buddy from high school. The bud had him in a head lock and when he tried to escape he moved the wrong way and broke his neck. The injury later proved to be fatal.

We should outlaw Pro Wrestling based on that, right?
    “Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.” ― Plato

Plato knew this yet today's antis still don't get it!

Join the fight for freedom
    Oathkeepers

This writer was so quick to get to the sarcasm

"Therefore, I advocate that we all go back to the Tombstone era of wearing guns in full view of the public and codify this nationally as a paragraph addition to the Second Amendment. This then would become the law of the land that we are all required to wear our guns on a belt in full view like Doc Holliday."

that he forgot to do some basic research. Gun laws in Tombstone were far more strict THEN than they are today. The famed OK Corral gunfight was brought about by the Earp's and Friends trying to enforce the "check your guns with the Sheriff" law that was in place back then. One of the "Clanton Gang" had been fined $25 earlier in the day for carrying a pistol.

And then there is also the ignored fact that most of the shootouts occur between groups of people who more often than not are not even able to legally carry or own firearms.

So much for intelligent journalism.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    ... So much for intelligent journalism.
    Quite the oxymoronic statement you made right there!!! Especially when talking about what passes for journalism around here.

Article in today's Seattle Times. Young man kills another with single stab with a pocket knife (didn't make front page because it didn't involve a gun).

Time to start rounding up all Boy Scouts and disarm them.
    Rev. Robert Apgood, Esq.

A right cannot be lost by exercising it. McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025, 130 S. Ct. 3020, 3021, 177 L. Ed. 2d 894 (2010) (citing Near v. Minn., 283 U.S. 697 (1931)).

Although IAAL, anything I say here is not legal advice. No conversations we may have privately or otherwise in this forum constitute the formation of an attorney-client relationship, and are not intended to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by rapgood View Post
    Time to start rounding up all Boy Scouts and disarm them.
    You can kill someone with no actual combat training and a single punch. Time to amputate everyone's hands.

If someone doesn't want to get shot in the Seattle area, there are clear cut steps to follow:

1) Don't hang around bars until closing time.
    2) Don't go to large 'house parties, especially not after midnight.
    3) Don't associate with gang members, or family members of gang members, or friends of gang members.
    4) Don't try to 'enforce' laws and code (i.e. yell at people for speeding, jaywalking, littering, etc).
    5) Don't try to break up fights.
    6) Don't associate with drug users or dealers.
    7) Avoid all contact with the SPD.

There's probably a few more rules, but if people just followed these 7 then it would really reduce the number of shooting related deaths and injuries.

Yes, it's your right to shut down the bar, or go it large illegal house parties -- but it's also risky and stupid.
    Last edited by Dave_pro2a; 07-10-2012 at 12:11 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    If someone doesn't want to get shot in the Seattle area, there are clear cut steps to follow:

#8 ... don't tell a guy "you ain't got the guts to shoot"

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post

1) Don't hang around bars until closing time.
    2) Don't go to large 'house parties, especially not after midnight.
    3) Don't associate with gang members, or family members of gang members, or friends of gang members.
    4) Don't try to 'enforce' laws and code (i.e. yell at people for speeding, jaywalking, littering, etc).
    5) Don't try to break up fights.
    6) Don't associate with drug users or dealers.

There's probably a few more rules, but if people just followed these 7 then it would really reduce the number of shooting related deaths and injuries.

Yes, it's your right to shut down the bar, or go it large illegal house parties -- but it's also risky and stupid.
    Dang! And all this time I thought that the correct list of your clear-cut steps to avoid getting shot in Seattle was:

1) Avoid all contact with the SPD.
    2) Don't hang around bars until closing time.
    3) Avoid all contact with the SPD.
    4) Don't go to large 'house parties, especially not after midnight.
    5) Avoid all contact with the SPD.
    6) Don't associate with gang members, or family members of gang members, or friends of gang members.
    8) Don't try to 'enforce' laws and code (i.e. yell at people for speeding, jaywalking, littering, etc).
    9) Avoid all contact with the SPD.
    10) Don't try to break up fights.
    11) Avoid all contact with the SPD.
    12) Don't associate with drug users or dealers.
    13) Avoid all contact with the SPD.
    14) Do not turn your back to the the SPD or you will risk getting shot by the SPD.
    Rev. Robert Apgood, Esq.

A right cannot be lost by exercising it. McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025, 130 S. Ct. 3020, 3021, 177 L. Ed. 2d 894 (2010) (citing Near v. Minn., 283 U.S. 697 (1931)).

Although IAAL, anything I say here is not legal advice. No conversations we may have privately or otherwise in this forum constitute the formation of an attorney-client relationship, and are not intended to do so.

15. Don't be Hispanic around SPD
    16. Don't be Native American around SPD.
    17. Don't walk with a closed knife around SPD.
    18. Avoid SPD