• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kicked out Wildwood in Sheboygan

WickedKlown

Well I had a nice day up til about 10 minutes ago. Was at Wildwood watching the softball tournaments and was kicked out due to carrying my firearm. Even tho they have no policy, rule, or signs posted. I've been open carrying there for 3 months now and never had a problem. The guy who kicked me out has seen me carry many times as did his daughter who both work there. I go there all the time with someone on the board of directors.

M

McX

give them the no guns equals no money card. a great thing about freedom; surely as they are free to kick you out, you are free to go elsewhere, and tell others to do so as well.

E6chevron

As you should know from past experience, the person who asked you to leave, may not have been representing the owner properly.

Contact the manager or owner about this, and get the straight answer. Also, make sure they know how they are being represented.

I wonder how many are carrying concealed there. And, not breaking any law at this time.

WickedKlown

I told him about the no guns no cash and he brushed it off. The one who let me know is the president of the board of directors. His daughter is board of directors Rules/Arbitration. As I was leaving one guy said hello and asked how I was. I let him know what just happened and that I would be posting about it on here as well as friendorfoe. He shrugged and so go ahead and he is Marketing/ Publice Relations/ Schedule Book Manager for Wildwood.

Last edited:

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Mom and apple pie?

Well I had a nice day up til about 10 minutes ago. Was at Wildwood watching the softball tournaments and was kicked out due to carrying my firearm. Even tho they have no policy, rule, or signs posted. I've been open carrying there for 3 months now and never had a problem. The guy who kicked me out has seen me carry many times as did his daughter who both work there. I go there all the time with someone on the board of directors.
From their website,
Guidelines and Procedures
For everybody's safety and enjoyment, the Sheboygan A's ask all fans to abide by the rules and procedures outlined below. Please read them carefully.
1.) For their own safety and for everyone else's enjoyment, children must walk, not run, in the seating and concourse areas. Parents, please help the club enforce this by controlling your children.

2.) All foul balls hit into the seats must be returned. Baseballs are a huge item in the club's budget and the club simply cannot afford to give them away. Children are not to chase foul balls hit into the parking lot or street. The club has ball-chasers.
3.) You must be 21 years of age to purchase alcoholic beverages at A's games.
4.) There are three seating areas at the stadium: General Admission (gold), Grandstand (brown), and Box Seat (red). Group night ticket holders must sit in the gold general admission sections. Keep your ticket stub. Remember that fans have paid higher prices for the reserved Grandstand and Box seats. General Admission ticket holders sitting in the reserved center section will be asked to move. Please avoid an embarrassing situation by sitting in the section for which you have a ticket.

5.) Please do not litter. As you leave the staid um, use the containers and barrels for your trash. If you must smoke, use the cigarette cans located near the A's dugout. The club takes great pride in the ballpark; we ask that you respect it as well.
6.) You and your car are here at your own risk. The A's are not responsible for broke windshields and dents or personal injuries incurred by batted or thrown balls. Stay alert; watch the game. If you see the ball coming, it is unlikely that you will get hurt.
7.) Only authorized personnel are allowed in the dugout area. Players will be available for autographs and pictures before and after games, not during games.
8.) The concessions stand will close in the last inning. Ask an Sheboygan Athletic Club member about the 10th inning.
9.) Pre-game tailgating? Yes!
10.) Carry-ins? Absolutely not!
11.) Pets are not permitted in the park at any time.
12.) Inning and Door Prizes are awarded on the basis of numbers on the game programs which are available at the ticket booth located at the main entrance of the staidum. On-Field Games and contests are open to fans, but they must sign up at the fan services center as they enter the park. A 50-50 raffle will be held and Wisconsin Lottery pull tabs are available.
13.) Pick up your golf tournament entry fee at any game.
Nothing there about giving up your rights to watch baseball. Next it will be Mom and apple pie...

Law abider

Now that brings up one issue. I don't see any signs on doors banning guns in my town. Now we have a WI family owned gas station where I buy gas and where my son works. They don't have a sign. If I oc there, can the manager kick me out or does the owner himself has to say that. The owner is the Errickson family that owns Freedom gas stations. They live in Hudson. I know one thing that if the owner says out, that is the force of law behind it.:question:

cheezhed

Is this park ran by the park district? If it is can they have a rule that is more stringent that the state?
I know that the park is gated and admission is charged but baseball season runs more than three
weeks.

WickedKlown

Now that brings up one issue. I don't see any signs on doors banning guns in my town. Now we have a WI family owned gas station where I buy gas and where my son works. They don't have a sign. If I oc there, can the manager kick me out or does the owner himself has to say that. The owner is the Errickson family that owns Freedom gas stations. They live in Hudson. I know one thing that if the owner says out, that is the force of law behind it.:question:

From what I was told a manager can ask you to leave. Don't hold me to that, again it's just what I was told.

Interceptor_Knight

If I oc there, can the manager kick me out or does the owner himself has to say that..

The manager and even a simple employee is a representative of the owner. If you are asked to leave for any reason, you had best leave and then argue about it later or you may find yourself on the loosing end of a trespassing citation or at the least a disorderly conduct violation. It would be DC for arguing with the employee and not for carrying a firearm. However, DC with a firearm may result in your firearm being taken from you. At the least this is a matter of beating the rap but not beating the ride.
We had a case of that happening to a member here at Menards who then lost a Federal lawsuit regarding the police response to the incident.

Last edited:
M

McX

I told him about the no guns no cash and he brushed it off.

well, typical politically correct hack. if he doesnt care, then neither should you, there are
plenty of other things to do, go and see. E Pluribus Screw 'Em- screw em all, screw em equally, dont discriminate.

WickedKlown

Well it seems last night got worse after I left. The last guy I talked to went and yelled at one of my friends who is on the board of directors about me carrying. He also told her if he had me in the woods and I had a full magazine and he only had one round in the magazine I wouldn't be walking back out of the woods.

Last edited:

TyGuy

No carrying, open or concealed is allowed there. See above posted rules #10

WickedKlown

Seeing as WildWood is a city park, this applies there right.

Exclusion of Firearms on Property
The law creates several new definitions of trespass, which are added to the existing trespass laws found at Wis. Stats. 943.13. Violations are classified as Class B forfeitures (a fine of up to $1000.00)
With some significant exceptions discussed below, the new law gives the owner or occupant of a public or private building, a landowner or occupier, or special event organizer the ability to give notice orally, in writing or by posted notice that firearms are not allowed on the premises (building and grounds). Apartments and condominiums may prohibit the carrying of firearms by non-occupants on the premises. Commercial landlords and tenants will have to work out policies on a case by case basis according to the terms of their leases.
The notice prohibitions specifically do not apply if the firearm is in a vehicle driven or parked in a parking facility, or to any part of the building, grounds or lands used as a parking facility.
In addition to the parking area exception, the notice prohibitions do not apply (and concealed carry by licensees is therefore allowed) on private and public college and university campus grounds as well as city and state parks and other public grounds.

A notice prohibiting firearms can be oral, in writing, or by posted notice. The posted notice must be at least 5 inches by 7 inches, and must notify individuals not to enter or remain in a part of the building with a firearm (or a particular type of firearm), and must be posted in a prominent place near all of the entrances to the part of the building to which the restriction applies and any individual entering the building can be reasonably expected to see the sign. At present, there are no specifications regarding font size, etc. (Many states with similar statutory language, such as Minnesota, have very specific signage requirements).
While the law provides for oral and written notice, the prevailing view in the legal community is that as a practical matter the lack of signage would render the prohibition legally unenforceable.

Law abider

The manager and even a simple employee is a representative of the owner. If you are asked to leave for any reason, you had best leave and then argue about it later or you may find yourself on the loosing end of a trespassing citation or at the least a disorderly conduct violation. It would be DC for arguing with the employee and not for carrying a firearm. However, DC with a firearm may result in your firearm being taken from you. At the least this is a matter of beating the rap but not beating the ride.
We had a case of that happening to a member here at Menards who then lost a Federal lawsuit regarding the police response to the incident.

Thanks Interceptor. I'll call the owner and see what they want the policy to be. he might have to have a meeting with employees from different stores. maybe the employees would agree that if they know the person as they may be a regular customer, it would be ok to OC in store. Maybe that would be discriminatory. I'll see. call them on Monday. Funny to see the faces of managers when I ask them what if I OC in the store. They have a blank stare and no answer. Wow!
No I won't argue. Boy! I suppose If I even farted loudly in public, it would be DC and have my gun taken away. This DC has gotten too far. They'll use any any excuse for a DC. Reminds me of a 1920 movie called Metropolis, where the slave class was so regimented that they acted like robots.

Last edited:
M

McX

Well it seems last night got worse after I left. The last guy I talked to went and yelled at one of my friends who is on the board of directors about me carrying. He also told her if he had me in the woods and I had a full magazine and he only had one round in the magazine I wouldn't be walking back out of the woods.

an offensive remark, that to me is a threat. i suggest the guy that made that statement also consider, firing on a law abiding citizen, one round or not, constitutes an attack, and the carrier may tend to respond, with his full magazine. some people should watch what they say, and stick to the issue at hand.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Can you get a signed affidavit of this? This is a threat, and it should be dealt with in an expedient and legal manner.