• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

chicken ****

nny420

not yet

I still need the equipment and ill probably wait till i have cash in hand and go try to purchase it from him... and when the owner hears 600 dollars walked out his door he might get a clue.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Moderation, by users/members

Ladies & gentleman - time to take a break!

I share the following thoughts for a purpose:

OCDO's desire that this forum be "self-moderating" does not portend to be a request that anyone seek out and openly (publicly) criticize (attack) another poster for their style, means, methods or content.

Self-moderation starts with each of you - your personal obligation to this forum to conduct yourself properly. It indeed does go a step further in suggesting, to even warning another poster, that they are transgressing - that such conduct is not acceptable on OCDO. Such corrective interacting must be done responsibly and w/o rancor. Beyond that you will note the triangle explanation point to the bottom left of each block of post - use that to quickly report a problem post/user. Solve problems, do not make problems.

Poster/users that have had comments moderated/edited by those in official capacity should heed the warning inherent in such moderation. A history of violations of forum rules will put your continued privilege here in jeopardy. Like the straw that broke the camel's back, do not keep the load growing. Move on and post responsibly or there will be consequences - don't make it a contest, you will lose.

New posters are cautioned to read the Forum Rules and not make demands of or attack other members/users. That is a privilege you do not enjoy.

This thread would seem to be non-specific to Oregon and at best has a tenuous relationship to OC, even though that connection was obliquely made now and then - perhaps the General Discussion sub-forum would have been more appropriate, maybe even the Social Lounge. At this point it is neither practical nor reasonable to attempt untangle and reassemble the wheat & chaff. That the title could have been better selected ought to go without saying.

The "why" of all of this? Because you each have value to this forum and to each other, because you are worth retaining as responsible contributing members. Don't disappoint the trust placed in you. Help to make and keep OCDO strong.

PS - you know where this thread is going to end up if it is not maintained in a responsible fashion - right?

Last edited: