• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

chicken ****

nny420

I just was called a chicken **** for open carrying.

I went to a local store i go to regularly. The owner supports my right to open carry and has even helped explain to customers its legal in oregon. Today when i went in to price $400 dollars of stuff, this fat old guy that works there some days immediately said"why do you wear that".
My reply "because i can" thats all i was able to get in...
He startedon about how nobody wears one and that im just a chicken **** little punk. And that i need to leave. Man i need to get a recorder. I stood at the door and asked for info on how to contact the manager/owner and he refused to give info to me and called me chicken **** again and shut the door in my face. He then opened it back up when i was at my car told me i need to grow some balls. Said tthe title line again when i told him i have balls i stand up for my rights. I will be in contact with the owner tomorrow.he wont like to hear his employee lost him 400 bucks.

Fallschirjmäger

I think I can hear the "oopsie" from here. :)

If the owner knows you, and you've shopped there often enough to be known, then he's at a loss for a lot more than $400 due to his employee's despicable behavior.

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

nny420 said:
Man i need to get a recorder.
Never leave your front door without one.

You never need one until you NEED one. I had one during my recent "felony trespassing" case (since nolle pross'd) and without it there would have been no way to show certain less than factual statements that were made. I now have two, one stays in the car in case I forget to carry one, the primary goes in a nylon folding knife sheath and is supposed to be on my belt every time I leave the house.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/st...1&storeId=10151&langId=-1&partNumber=ICDPX312
ICDPX312.png

Comes with software and cables to connect to your PC as well.

01rednavigator

That is BS! Sounds like he is the one who is the chicken**** let us know what happens when you talk to the owner.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
You never need one until you NEED one. I had one during my recent "felony trespassing" case (since nolle pross'd) and without it there would have been no way to show certain less than factual statements that were made. I now have two, one stays in the car in case I forget to carry one, the primary goes in a nylon folding knife sheath and is supposed to be on my belt every time I leave the house.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/st...1&storeId=10151&langId=-1&partNumber=ICDPX312
ICDPX312.png

Comes with software and cables to connect to your PC as well.

Agree! Always a good idea to have TWO recorders with you. I wear a VEHO Muvi Pro Micro recorder around my neck, clipped to my shirt at all times. It will record about 64 minutes continuously before the battery runs out. The supplied 4 gig card is more than adequate to record for that time period. Link: http://www.amazon.com/Veho-Muvi-Pro-Micro-Camcorder/dp/B0037P5CAI/ref=pd_cp_p_3/191-2422261-0814832

My backup is a Kodak Playsport (waterproof to 10 feet) which records absolutely fantastic video at 720 HD for about an hour.

Photo of VEHO Muvi Pro Micro:

Attachments

• MUVI PRO HD.jpg
    MUVI PRO HD.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 160

Ironbar

Oh PLEASE! The vast majority of medical marijuana "patients" are simply stoners looking for a legal way to get high. My SIL used to work for one of their dispensaries. She told me that the owners didn't have any medical condition that warranted using MJ, and they still had their cards by golly! They even tried to get my SIL to get her card, saying that they had doctors who would sign off on getting her a card even though she had no medical condition whatsoever. She also told me the majority of "patients" who came to them didn't have any medical condition that would warrant a prescription.

When I worked for the state Senior & Disabled Services Division, I had several clients who had a MJ card as well. NONE of them had medical conditions that warranted a card. They were all just stoners looking for a free high.

Call it what you want, but the whole "medical marijuana" thing is complete and total B.S., and if only the people who genuinely NEEDED a prescription to help with a valid medical condition did it, you wouldn't see an entire industry in this state built around grow operations.

DocWalker

I think you need to watch out for Doctors that have stock in Oreo's, Twinkies, and Doritos. They are the ones giving out these cards so they can make profits.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I'm not familiar with the Oregon MMJ laws, but if doctors prescribe drugs for depression or being hyperactive or not being able to sleep or not being able to have sex then I don't see anything wrong with doctors prescribing marijuana for being depressed or wanting to relax. It used to be that drugs were prescribed for serious problems like chronic pain; today's society has a more relaxed attitude about it.

Cremator75

Oh PLEASE! The vast majority of medical marijuana "patients" are simply stoners looking for a legal way to get high. My SIL used to work for one of their dispensaries. She told me that the owners didn't have any medical condition that warranted using MJ, and they still had their cards by golly! They even tried to get my SIL to get her card, saying that they had doctors who would sign off on getting her a card even though she had no medical condition whatsoever. She also told me the majority of "patients" who came to them didn't have any medical condition that would warrant a prescription.

When I worked for the state Senior & Disabled Services Division, I had several clients who had a MJ card as well. NONE of them had medical conditions that warranted a card. They were all just stoners looking for a free high.

Call it what you want, but the whole "medical marijuana" thing is complete and total B.S., and if only the people who genuinely NEEDED a prescription to help with a valid medical condition did it, you wouldn't see an entire industry in this state built around grow operations.

+1

A guy I know tested this theory. Walked in, said he had a headache and they gave him a card.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk 2