• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

chicken ****

SovereignAxe

Oh PLEASE! The vast majority of medical marijuana "patients" are simply stoners looking for a legal way to get high. My SIL used to work for one of their dispensaries. She told me that the owners didn't have any medical condition that warranted using MJ, and they still had their cards by golly! They even tried to get my SIL to get her card, saying that they had doctors who would sign off on getting her a card even though she had no medical condition whatsoever. She also told me the majority of "patients" who came to them didn't have any medical condition that would warrant a prescription.

When I worked for the state Senior & Disabled Services Division, I had several clients who had a MJ card as well. NONE of them had medical conditions that warranted a card. They were all just stoners looking for a free high.

Call it what you want, but the whole "medical marijuana" thing is complete and total B.S., and if only the people who genuinely NEEDED a prescription to help with a valid medical condition did it, you wouldn't see an entire industry in this state built around grow operations.

and your problem with this is...?

Last edited:

01rednavigator

Oh PLEASE! The vast majority of medical marijuana "patients" are simply stoners looking for a legal way to get high. My SIL used to work for one of their dispensaries. She told me that the owners didn't have any medical condition that warranted using MJ, and they still had their cards by golly! They even tried to get my SIL to get her card, saying that they had doctors who would sign off on getting her a card even though she had no medical condition whatsoever. She also told me the majority of "patients" who came to them didn't have any medical condition that would warrant a prescription.

When I worked for the state Senior & Disabled Services Division, I had several clients who had a MJ card as well. NONE of them had medical conditions that warranted a card. They were all just stoners looking for a free high.

Call it what you want, but the whole "medical marijuana" thing is complete and total B.S., and if only the people who genuinely NEEDED a prescription to help with a valid medical condition did it, you wouldn't see an entire industry in this state built around grow operations.

You are right Ironbar. I cannot stand that crap, it just gives potheads a "legal" excuse to smoke MJ. I guess I should have paid more attention to the OP user name!

nny420

private medical info

I dont care what anyone else says or thinks because its my choice and legal right to us medicine that works for me. I agree to a point the "specialty docs" willingly give them out but i have a real familly doc who is interested in my well being not just perscribing meds.

Bottom line is this thread points out how i was harassed in a store.

I went and talked to the owner. He wasnt ok with what his employee did and and is real glad to see me still comming back to shop from him. I told him i almost got the stuff from elsewhere and when we priced everything it was 600 bucks. Ihe is going to be talking to his employee about being disrespectful and loosing him buisness.

I opened carried as usual while talkin to the owner and we even talked about guns with no problems. He actually is working on getting his chl.

I will try one more time with his employee, open carrying, if he askes me to leave so be it he had just better be polite.

One more thing... the OCTA 2012 has enough signatures to be on this year's ballot. Both oregon and washington have a good chance to legalize marijuana for joe shmo. I personally would like to see the millions of misspent tax money going to the schools... ive got 2 small kids that have no hope for an ok schooling at the current rate this country is going

Ironbar

Do tell 420, what is your affliction? Is it a genuine medical condition like cancer or glaucoma, or is "nervousness" or "irritable bowel" like everyone else?

Cremator75

The money will never make it to the schools. It never does. They keep raising taxes on homeowners for that, yet they are always short. Somehow something "more important" always comes up and it gets redirected. Regardless, its still against federal law, so the Feds can still bust you if they want. Fed law trumps state law.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

nny420

like i said its private

But since it really doesnt matter.. i have rolled 2 vehicles now and really messed up my back and neck.. i have constant pain and bouts of extreem pain... and let me tell you! I cant stand narcotics. They make me real groggy. So im fortunate with my alternative medicine in a state that allows it. I have seen some elderly people turn their life around once they got off most of their pharms and started using a alternative medicine...
Look this up.
" Medical marijuana cardholders can't be denied concealed gun license solely because they use pot, Oregon Supreme Court rules"

Can we please get back to the OT.

hermannr

Why should you even need to have a "license" (card) to possess a plant the Good Lord gave us to use, or misuse...That whole concept is just as stupid as a license to possess a firearm. (Remember, in NY, DC and IL you need a LICENSE to POSSESS any firearm) Get off the "Holier than thou" kick...what do you know of personal freedom and personal responsibility...

Oh yes, you have firearms but you don't use MJ...so MJ doesn't effect you...do you drink? do you remember prohibition? The WOD is Prohibition all over again...and the reason is they have not figured out how to tax MJ.

Fallschirjmäger

You know what? I don't care that the store sells marijuana.
I don't smoke, I don't drink more than 4-5 drinks in a Year, I don't/can't afford recreational drugs. Marijuana isn't illegal because it's dangerous.

I don't care if it was Mad Mike's Marijuana Market or Ernie's Expensive Emeralds, or Sam's Superb Sandwiches.

Hang together guys, or hang separately. Your choice.

Ironbar

Why should you even need to have a "license" (card) to possess a plant the Good Lord gave us to use, or misuse...That whole concept is just as stupid as a license to possess a firearm. (Remember, in NY, DC and IL you need a LICENSE to POSSESS any firearm) Get off the "Holier than thou" kick...what do you know of personal freedom and personal responsibility...

Oh yes, you have firearms but you don't use MJ...so MJ doesn't effect you...do you drink? do you remember prohibition? The WOD is Prohibition all over again...and the reason is they have not figured out how to tax MJ.

Spoken like someone who was high when they wrote it.

VW_Factor

I don't get why someone would have a double standard as to what you should be free to do, and then something you should not be free to do. Especially on a forum celebrating our freedom to open carry. Unless its simply an emotional response to something they do not like, much like illogically thinking anti-2A types.

The tax thing is silly. Government has been taxing tobacco for years, why would taxing another form be any different?

01rednavigator

I did not know that this forum had so many pot loving/smoking people on it. I Have never done any drugs and never will! if there are so many people on this forum that are drug loving pot smokers then I dont think this is something I want to be a part of! DRUGS AND GUNS DO NOT MIX!!!!!

VW_Factor

I don't touch it, I don't love it.

I simply respect that other people can make their choices that affect themselves alone. Just as it is someones right to go smoke a pack of Marlboro cigarettes.. Who am I to say what you can and cannot smoke to put into your body?

IMO it would be wise to treat drug addictions as Portugal does; As a health issue and not a criminal issue.

Fallschirjmäger

I did not know that this forum had so many pot loving/smoking people on it. I Have never done any drugs and never will! if there are so many people on this forum that are drug loving pot smokers then I dont think this is something I want to be a part of! DRUGS AND GUNS DO NOT MIX!!!!!
No alcohol, no tobacco, no aspirin, not even a Pepsi or an ice-cold Coca Cola with it's portion of caffeine?
Maybe you meant never any illegal drug?
You know the difference between an illegal drug and legal one is the stroke of a pen, right?

Last edited:

mwaterous

That's because you're attempting to mix a hard alloy with a soft powder. If you grind the gun down first, they will mix just fine, but you will need a decent forge in order to do anything useful with them at that point.

01rednavigator

No alcohol, no tobacco, no aspirin, not even a Pepsi or an ice-cold Coca Cola with it's portion of caffeine?
Maybe you meant never any illegal drug?
You know the difference between an illegal drug and legal one is the stroke of a pen, right?

Thats just it! Pot is illegal, unless you get some crack pot wacko Doctor who gives you the right with a stroke of a pen to use the ILLEGAL DRUG legally. I do not want anyone who has marijuana in their system to be carrying a loaded gun, weather they used the drug legally or not!

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Thats just it! Pot is illegal, unless you get some crack pot wacko Doctor who gives you the right with a stroke of a pen to use the ILLEGAL DRUG legally. I do not want anyone who has marijuana in their system to be carrying a loaded gun, weather they used the drug legally or not!

Your focus on the legality of the matter is meritless. It's the effect of a person actively being on drugs that is the undesirable aspect, not the legality. Take for instance somebody who is drunk in his own home. He can carry a firearm but it is a bad idea. Or take somebody on so called "bath salts," which is an unregulated narcotic. It's legal to use them currently, but again, being actively under the influence of bath salts while carrying a firearm is a bad idea.

It should also be noted that federal law prohibits unlawful users or addicts of controlled substances from possessing firearms (18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(3)), and thus I'd suggest we not talk about the use of drugs on this forum.

VW_Factor

I don't think anyone here would argue the point that its a good idea to carry while under the influence of most anything that is mood altering..

hermannr

Spoken like someone who was high when they wrote it.

Don't smoke, never have....However, I do understand that if you wish to be truly free, you need to allow the other guy be free too, cause next time, the other guy might be trying to prohibit what you your like...like firearms maybe?

Last edited:

We-the-People

You know, back in the early 1940's, being a Jew in Germany was a crime. Does the legality or illegality of something determine it's morality? NO IT DOES NOT.

Marijuana should not be illegal. It does far less damage to society than the legal drugs the government has no problem taking a cut from.....tobacco and alcohol are JUST TWO and aren't they interesting? On the one hand the government attempts to get you to stop using them but as they talk their talk, their other hand is behind their back taking millions if not billions of dollars. Some of those dollars are sin tax revenues and a lot of them are "campaign contributions".

Bottom line, freedom and liberty are freedom and liberty. You do what you want, I do what I want, and we both leave each other and everyone else alone to do what they want. If you want to force your ideas onto others, through the use of government force, well then you're kinda like that politician. Talking one thing and doing another.

Now, can we return to the regulary scheduled program?

I read that the OP returned and the store owner was 100% supportive and the problem is resolved. GOOD DEAL.