• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Health care law ‘here to stay,’ president insists

twoskinsonemanns

It may just be my stupid mind grapes throwing up observations I'm trying to ignore but do you really think this health care act is going to be repealed? I mean the only person in a position to replace Obama signed into law, as Gov. of Mass, his own individual mandate health care law.

This health care infliction is a great and logical step on the road to a completely controllable populous.... The goal of both parties.

Ca Patriot

Obama is right. The health care law IS here to stay.

Did you see Mitch Mconell in the interview a few days ago trying to explain how the GOP was going to dismantle the law ? He couldnt answer a single question.

The GOP is a big government party that rarely ever shrinks government.

The democrats wont repeal Obama Care and the GOP wont do it.

The only hope is that more Tea Party members win seats but I am losing faith in them as well.

President Obama is right, Obama Care is here to stay.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Obama is right. The health care law IS here to stay.

Did you see Mitch Mconell in the interview a few days ago trying to explain how the GOP was going to dismantle the law ? He couldnt answer a single question.

The GOP is a big government party that rarely ever shrinks government.

The democrats wont repeal Obama Care and the GOP wont do it.

The only hope is that more Tea Party members win seats but I am losing faith in them as well.

President Obama is right, Obama Care is here to stay.

As much as the GOP elites like Mconell are trying to resist the popular tea party uprising, they're under considerable pressure to give in to popular demands clamoring for an end to this abysmal law. If they fail to do so, their party will be destroyed, and their power lost completely. I'm not losing faith in the tea party. They've been maligned by the media and leftist loudmouths for 3 years, yet they still have won a number of significant races even after the 2010 pounding. I choose to maintain my optimism that the left is out of favor, and that libertarian ideas are gaining in popularity in spite of what "progressive" pop culture icons would have us believe.

I also saw he interview, and yes, Mconell sounded like a stammering fool. We don't want the law replaced and he knows it. We want the government to withdraw even more regulations, pass tort reform, and cut the waste from current medical subsidies. That would do far more to reduce medical costs than any pie in the sky moonbat laws.

BTW, if health care is a "right", can we pass a law that mandates everyone buy an M4 carbine and maintain a stock of ammo?

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

It is here to stay, the republicans really do not want to repeal it, just paying us lip service. This is the similar to social security, most Americans will accept it as long as it makes them feel comfortable. They take away our liberty one sliver at a time, until we accept it. The high court could not toss it out without putting social security in jeopardy, I suspect that is why Roberts switched.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
It is here to stay, the republicans really do not want to repeal it, just paying us lip service. This is the similar to social security, most Americans will accept it as long as it makes them feel comfortable. They take away our liberty one sliver at a time, until we accept it. The high court could not toss it out without putting social security in jeopardy, I suspect that is why Roberts switched.

Social security is in jeopardy regardless. When it was enacted families generally multiplied. Now some families don't even have 3 kids let alone any multiplicity. If 2 elderly adults only have 2 kids and 4 grandkids on average the amount of money to support the eldest generations will be too burdensome. Especially when the money to support them is collectivised and has to pass through the hands of countless incompetent bureaucrats before getting back to the people it's intended to support.

I can't see how SS is sustainable regardless of what sort of shell game TPTB play. It has to go as well.

In the mean time I don't think that abomination has anything to do with the obamination that needs to immediately be repealed.

From what I read of the Roberts' descision is that the ball is in our court. The people elected these clowns, and if we allow them to set up collective farms, gulags, and tear down all the remnats of religion and capitalism it's our own fault. I think Roberts made a bad choice, but it's clear he did it from a leadership position that forces our nation to either swim or drown to death.

I maintain my confidence that maintaining pressure on the elected a$$hats will reverse "progressive" slavery to the state.

zack991

Well the law is now considered a tax from how the supreme court rule right? Well the last time I check ONLY the House is allowed to originate taxes not the senate in which obama care originated from not the house, so it should be considered unconstitutional should it not?

Article I Section 7 of the US constitution says
Section 7.

All bills for raising revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with amendments as on other Bills.

Every bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a law, be presented to the President of the United States; if he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the objections at large on their journal, and proceed to reconsider it. If after such reconsideration two thirds of that House shall agree to pass the bill, it shall be sent, together with the objections, to the other House, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered, and if approved by two thirds of that House, it shall become a law. But in all such cases the votes of both Houses shall be determined by yeas and nays, and the names of the persons voting for and against the bill shall be entered on the journal of each House respectively. If any bill shall not be returned by the President within ten days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the same shall be a law, in like manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their adjournment prevent its return, in which case it shall not be a law.

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#Article1

Last edited:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Indeed, but the court did not rule on the path the law took, even though it would have been the easy way. Roberts threw the blame in the voter's lap for allowing the marxist left into power in the first place. We have to continue to show up at the polls and pay attention to the things these a$$holes do while in office.

sudden valley gunner

Indeed, but the court did not rule on the path the law took, even though it would have been the easy way. Roberts threw the blame in the voter's lap for allowing the marxist left into power in the first place. We have to continue to show up at the polls and pay attention to the things these a$$holes do while in office.

Roberts the one who claims to be an originalist? Arrogant men in black think we are too dumb to understand, so they get to make idiotic rationalizations and since they are the final word in their oligarchy too bad.

Beretta92FSLady

Roberts the one who claims to be an originalist? Arrogant men in black think we are too dumb to understand, so they get to make idiotic rationalizations and since they are the final word in their oligarchy too bad.

Someone pissed about the Conservative Justice? You want to take your toys home with you now?

since9

Campaign Veteran
Social security is in jeopardy regardless. When it was enacted families generally multiplied. Now some families don't even have 3 kids let alone any multiplicity. If 2 elderly adults only have 2 kids and 4 grandkids on average the amount of money to support the eldest generations will be too burdensome.

So far, the arguments have been limited to the system paying for itself. Similar systems used by other countries are often funded from all tax sources.

As for Obamacare being a done deal, it's far from it:

1. If the GOP controls the Presidency, Senate, and House, it's gone.

2. If the GOP controls the Presidency and House, it won't be implemented.

3. If the GOP controls nothing, a number of state governors have already declared they will not implement it on the basis that regardless of what SCOTUS says, it remains un-Constitutional. Their justification is their oath of office, to the U.S. Constitution, and not to any chain of command, including the President, Congress, or SCOTUS. As a retired military officer, I'm inclined to agree with them. Their actions are not revolutionary, but lawful and Constitutional. In fact, anyone who has taken such an oath has a duty to fulfill it, regardless of what one's chain of command is doing, but especially if what's coming down from on high is itself unlawful.

4. If that's a wash, then countless people are dead set on ignoring it, as well.

When you put 3 and 4 together -- of, by, and for the people -- all that leaves are some bewildered politicians in Washington wondering why their efforts are disappearing into a thin vacuum.

WE THE PEOPLE really are the supreme governmental authority in our country. Our government cannot function without the consent of the governed.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Someone pissed about the Conservative Justice? You want to take your toys home with you now?

Why do you insist I am "conservative". I fit both the definitions of conservative and liberal, and am considered a classical liberal by many.

Roberts is not a "conservative" justice from my point of view, neither are most those who voted against the bill either. According to the justices I have to share my toys and can't take them all home I have to share them with you whether I like it or not. It is immoral, theft is theft whether it is you stealing things from your neighbor or you getting together with your friends and voting someone to do it.

Thomas Jefferson,
"to consider the judges as the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions (is) a very dangerous doctrine indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy."

Last edited:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member

I didn't hear Roberts call himself an originalist, I've heard people call Thomas and Scalia (among some pretty vulgar things) that though. Regardless of his politics, and in spite of my disagreement with his ruling he did make a point. It's up to the people to elect the representatives and make sure they do their jobs.

Since9 is correct that the war is not over, and I don't see how the moonbats actually "won" this battle. They're now stuck defending a law (and a blithering idiot president) that is increasingly unpopular.

Lets not forget how many democrats of the 1950's were extreme anti-communists. They may have leaned a little left, but they were far from the openly marxist douchebags that control the party now. The commies incrementally took over the DNC. Those of us with a more libertarian bent need to wrest control of the GOP from the elitist DC country clubers who seem content with "compromise". Which is nothing more than moving the country a little less to the left than the bed wetters would prefer to.

One thing I left out...

One of the major problems with HC in our country is the fault of the SC, which FORCED care givers to provide treatment to people who cannot pay. You want to see some real waste? Go to an ER on any given night and count how many homeless people are there getting a good nights sleep after a battery of tests to discover why the ambulance had to bring in an unresponsive drunk off the sidewalk.

Last edited:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member

SVG was never playing with you in the first place. You jumped the fence, pissed in his sandbox and demanded half of his TONKA toys. Then you insisted he clean up your wet half of the sandbox.

BTW, what happened to the obozo bowing to the burger king Icon? That was the best one.

Beretta92FSLady

SVG was never playing with you in the first place. You jumped the fence, pissed in his sandbox and demanded half of his TONKA toys. Then you insisted he clean up your wet half of the sandbox.

BTW, what happened to the obozo bowing to the burger king Icon? That was the best one.

I decided to switch the icons around a bit. I have a few that are pretty awesome. BTW, I pee'd standing up. BTW (2), I can't wait for the 50 buck hand-out you are going to owe me...I mean, the 50 buck bet you are going to lose come this November when your darling Romney loses. BTW, BTW, BTW, I hope you consider that 50 bucks a tax.

Last edited:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
I decided to switch the icons around a bit. I have a few that are pretty awesome. BTW, I pee'd standing up. BTW (2), I can't wait for the 50 buck hand-out you are going to owe me...I mean, the 50 buck bet you are going to lose come this November when your darling Romney loses. BTW, BTW, BTW, I hope you consider that 50 bucks a tax.

My dear lady, I will consider it a violent mugging in every aspect. Not only is Romney NOT my darling I'm disgusted by the fact I have to cast a vote for him after I treat myself to a nice dinner and a bottle of wine. I'll have a cigarette afterwards and a long hot shower before watching the results on FOX, since the comentary of every other outlet will be too insipid too stomach. Should your moonbat messiah defeat the odds and manage to win I will either ship to you a $50 gift certificate, or a variety of beers between 3-5 bucks per bottle that I like.

I noticed "The Donkey" has been silent since this bet was initiated between him and I, but I'm glad you jumped in.