• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BLM getting involved in a volunteer-organized NV desert clean-up

Merlin

Exactly what I was saying. If I organize an open carry supported cleanup, I don't need some BLM representative/Nevada Shooter Forum member to organize it further.

Agreed and understood. We don't NEED to involve BLM. It's an opportunity to ALLOW BLM to be involved in our cleanup. As long as they are respectful of our constitutional rights to carry, I welcome their involvement. Their is something to be gained by having a positive relationship with our public servants (on OUR terms).

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

FallonJeeper

Agreed and understood. We don't NEED to involve BLM. It's an opportunity to ALLOW BLM to be involved in our cleanup. As long as they are respectful of our constitutional rights to carry, I welcome their involvement. Their is something to be gained by having a positive relationship with our public servants (on OUR terms).

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

I agree, "on our terms" is key. I just hate when people jump in and take over, when maybe they were invited, but not asked to lead. That's what the thread looked like from Fallon. ;o)

The Big Guy

I finally broke down and registered on NS. I can not believe what I read. You rock MAC702, and so do the rest of you from this forum that posted (I could tell who you were, mostly because you had the same user name hahahaha). Thank you all for keeping our Rights "front-of-mind" to the sheeple.

Literally - sitting here shaking my head

I tried NS, it was not for me. We get in sometimes heated discussions here, but in the end I feel like for the most part we are all, if not on the same page on every topic, at least looking in the same direction for an ultimate goal. I felt just the opposite there. Too many over there who are simply looking for arguments, topic be damned. There are people on this board who actually try to get'r done. I'm not so sure about over there. But hey, to each his/her own.

TBG

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Update: The original organizer of the event posted that the BLM has withdrawn from this event.

I noted a few interesting facts. It was better for them to withdraw from the event than to admit any wrong, illegal requests on their part. They also PUBLICLY offered to "help" (read: takeover), and then apparently privately withdrew.

Now, here's something else interesting. I was in Pahrump on Sunday. I stopped into Stockpile Defense and talked for a bit with Ron and Steve. Apparently, the BLM has organized a cleanup at one of their hotspots for two weeks after the Sloan cleanup. I made sure they knew about the issue we were having with the Sloan cleanup. They didn't seem too happy about being disarmed. It will be interesting to see what happens out there.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I finally broke down and registered on NS. I can not believe what I read. You rock MAC702,...

I'll be honest. I am a little stoked about the power of a simple question asked at the right time. Glad I could do my part. But, I would have been powerless without the immediate backup of the guys that soon responded along the lines of: "Yeah! WTF, Man!?"

Last edited: