• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BLM getting involved in a volunteer-organized NV desert clean-up

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Now where have I heard that before?

His reply to my question will be interesting. My guess is it will be a non-answer. He deftly ignored my question about the LEO getting paid to watch the volunteer workers.

greengum

Mac, i have done some research and it has come to my attention you should stop posting as well as the others over on NS who disagree. The very idea of you trying to insight free thinking amongst others in the gun community as a whole is sure to piss people off. The modern day Plebeians are not equipped to think for themselves let alone provide for their own safety. You my friend are getting really close to committing thought crimes and inciting a terrorist raid on trash if you were to attend this event armed. Your treatment of the government is unacceptable. Here we are ready to provide an armed ranger and a law enforcement officer to provide for your safety willing to goes as far as radio an ambulance if you are in need of one and you just piss all over them. This is your last warning, please follow the governments orders and fall in line or there will surly be a rat in a cage atop your head.

Signed, King George

vegaspassat

lol wut? That thread is a PRIME example of why I don't deal with the retards on NS anymore. Everytime someone links a thread on this site to theirs, I cringe at the thought of having to sign in to view it.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Sorry, guys. I didn't realize that.

If you want a preview, here is post #45, written by yours truly:
I almost wish I could offer you an apology if this implodes, but then, all I did was ask questions and state my own resolve.

Allow me to summarize this thread, if you will:

A concerned citizen sees a need in his community. He has an idea, and asks for help, and organizes some like-minded citizens to come together for the betterment of the community. He uses no government resources in order to accomplish this.

The people volunteer labor, drinks, snacks, dumping expenses, transportation, etc; everything that is needed.

Next thing you know, the government steps in. They politely offer "their" resources (though in reality already paid for by our taxes): a big dumpster and transportation of such, water, snacks. Tempting. Offer accepted. Now the catch. There is now paperwork to do, insurance forms to fill out, waivers. There is now a 30-minute mandatory safety briefing (x how many workers = lost productivity). There is now a mandatory stop time (for safety). There will now be non-productive paid supervisors over the volunteer workers.

And "for safety" (of whom, I wonder), we are to be illegally disarmed during the event.

Did I miss anything?

The possible apology part was to the OP, not the BLM.

Last edited:

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
So, you just IGNORE the "official" presence. Go OC, and when confronted, say "I'm not with these guys, I'm just picking up trash!"

The thing to remember about ad hoc volunteerism is that YOU can "ad hoc" as a solo act, without being part of the organized group. Let them set their rules, and you set your own.

The Big Guy

Ya wanna really mess'em up? Show up the weekend before the planned event with your own tools and trash bags. Get'r done then sleep in the next weekend.

TBG

Vegassteve

lol wut? That thread is a PRIME example of why I don't deal with the retards on NS anymore. Everytime someone links a thread on this site to theirs, I cringe at the thought of having to sign in to view it.

One just has to view the current thread about not shopping at costco to back that statement up even more. People get feelings hurt over being told that supporting a anti group is a bad thing. With gun owners like those guys we dont need obama or the brady group to take our rights away. They will just give them away for the convenience to shop.

vegaspassat

so I went and read the costco thread and I think I threw up in my mouth a little. I can't believe that guy had the nerve to say that Erik Scott was to blame for his own murder.

chrsjhnsn

this isn't freaking NYC! I carry when I'm awake, period. I live way out in the boonies, no place to store my handgun due to I ride a sportbike anyway.

In the winter and spring I mostly cc but all I own is a full size glock so with 100 degree temps you bet I'm OC.

Liberals/control freaks are free to avert their eyes or move to Californistan.

The Big Guy

I don't understand why a cleanup, organized by a group, needs somebody from BLM to organize it more.

What makes you think you have the right organize anything without the approval of the Kings Minions? You have no right to think anything. You are incapable of thinking on your own. Get in your place slave.

TBG

Merlin

I don't understand why a cleanup, organized by a group, needs somebody from BLM to organize it more.

Not a matter of need. The idea is to use events like this to build goodwill. I would much rather have someone on our side within the BLM than not. One of the best ways to help our agenda is to infiltrate the government entities that normally hinder/hassle us.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

The Big Guy

Not a matter of need. The idea is to use events like this to build goodwill. I would much rather have someone on our side within the BLM than not. One of the best ways to help our agenda is to infiltrate the government entities that normally hinder/hassle us.

What makes you think this will put them on "our side"? No, in fact it will do just the opposite. It will just confirm their belief that they are in charge. Participating in this event will not make you one of them. They will simply be training you to get into lock step and follow authority figures.

TBG

P.S. "infiltrate the government entities" Saying things like this just might get you put on the Homeland Security terrorist watch list.

Last edited:

FallonJeeper

Exactly what I was saying. If I organize an open carry supported cleanup, I don't need some BLM representative/Nevada Shooter Forum member to organize it further.

I've got this. People volunteering, check. Plastic bags for trash, check. Trucks to haul off trash, check. I also don't need somebody telling me their opinion on how I should pick up trash, or that I should or should not carry. I carry in all of my every day activities, wherever permitted by law. Yes, even when I pick up trash in my own yard. Why would picking up trash on BLM land be any different?

Merlin

What makes you think this will put them on "our side"? No, in fact it will do just the opposite. It will just confirm their belief that they are in charge. Participating in this event will not make you one of them. They will simply be training you to get into lock step and follow authority figures.

TBG

P.S. "infiltrate the government entities" Saying things like this just might get you put on the Homeland Security terrorist watch list.

I wasn't suggesting we acquiesce. Just the opposite. No, what I was saying is that it was worth being patient and giving this a chance to work out in a way that we are happy with, while still permitting BLM to be part of it.