• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for a Shooting Range in the Metro Area

GTShooter

Good day everyone,

Because of the Firearms ban we have right now in the National Forests Im looking for a Shooting Range for tomorrow. I live in Lakewood so something in that area would be good too. To what Range do you go and why do you like it?

TIA

Alan

Last edited:

GTShooter

Yes Ive gone thru the google search step, I was mostly trying to get 1st hand opinions from the ranges you guys have visited. Why you visit a specific range vs another one.

Thanks for the link anyhow!

Alan

JamesB

My favorite one to go to is Silver Bullet. I take my daugher and we both have fun playing Area 51 video game while waiting in line for the range. it is a smaller range than Shootist though, so on a saturday the wait times might make me choose Shootist.

GTShooter

I just gave the shootist a call and prices are pretty good. I also asked about their OC policy and they said as long as my handgun is holstered Im fine. Seems Ill be giving them a visit tomorrow.

Thanks for the good input!

Alan

mobiushky

There is a new one in Centennial, I'm pretty sure no one has been there. It's called Centennial Gun Store. I've been there twice to shop, but haven't used the range. The second time I went OC, and had no issues. The sign on the door says all guns must be unloaded or holstered. So I don't think they are so Nazi about the carrying. They do have rules for ammo (no steel core, no wolf type steel or aluminum cases, etc) and they don't allow drawing from the holster to shoot or "rapid fire." But Like I said, I haven't actually shot there. Cost is $18 for 1 hour on the line.

IT's located at Arapahoe and Peoria near family sports center, but on the north side of Arapahoe.

Keens

The Shootist I recommend. They allowed me to OC there with no issues. They just ask that you get permission from the range master to draw from a holster on the firing lane.

I have not been to the Silver Bullet yet. Ive heard nothing but good things about that place. I will stop by there sometime and pop some rounds.

Blessings,

Keens

Last edited:

PFC HALE

id be willing to meet up with people tomorrow, i need to sight in my taurus pm me for my number

PFC HALE

touching someones weapon while holstered is a good way to get a broken finger/hand/arm... or more

GTShooter

Pm sent.

Id be interested to meet up with some folk and pick their brains about OC'ing. Since Im pretty new at it I do have some questions. Plus its always nice to meet new people.

wmodavis

I've used the Centienniel Gun Store range a several times. I took my CHP class through the store. The only other range I've been to is The Shootist. I OC'd there as well as The Gun Store. Only issue there is they wouldn't let me use targets I printed on copier paper. Said their ventillation system wouldn't handle it. The Gun Store had no problems with the printed targets I brought. At shootist there was a range discount if you bought ammo from them. Not so at The Gun Store which is a pretty new place but with a more modern range.

@GT if you can get together with MTalesian I can almost guarantee it will be a good OC outing. I did it and I'm hoping I get a commission for recommending him. IMO it's the best way to start. It sure helped me. Only downside in going with M is you have to wear an expensive hat ;).

GTShooter

Lol... I have nice pair of boots does that help? .....

We will be there, the more the better. Maybe later we can get some refreshements and chat for a while. Little unofficial m&g.