Thread: Breaking my "rule and posting"

Breaking my "rule and posting"

I read but don't post, I have to break my own rule because this is something I and others I "work" with on 2A issues in Missouri promoted. I went to the House public hearing for this bill and this is a win, more or less 2A related... More or less... A win is a win, and there are so few of them I'll share it.

We may have another "win" July 14th....More specifically pro-2A and OC.... If so I may come back to post again, dang this stuff gets me!

"Received call from Governors Office at 11:45A, July 6, the bill for Don't Tread on Me license plate, sponsored by Gatchenberger will be signed by the Governor today. The artwork looks beautiful; yellow tiger background with Gadsden flag on left side of plate, very visible, in exact replica of the flag with rattle snake sitting on green grass ready to strike. Size of replica is about 4" X 4". A replica of Missouri flag is located in upper right corner of license plate. Please don't ask how I got on the Governors call list on this. I have no idea."
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Good news.
    Thanks Gunner. Anybody have a date as to when they would be available?
    The price of freedom is on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    I read but don't post, I have to break my own rule . . .
    For the 1030th time?

LOL, it's good information. Not really carry related, but nice to have.

Texas contracts out certain vanity plates to myPlates.com, and lets them be produced in a variety of colors and themes the state wouldn't normally approve (like Razorback and Sooners themes).

Among the choices are a yellow Gadsden flag, and a black & white "COME AND TAKE IT" Gonzales flag.

They're not cheap, though. They cost $85~ish+ per year, on top of the cost of your registration ($50-60~ish for most vehicles in most parts of Texas).

I too would like to know what kind of time frame we can expect for when they will actually begin taking orders for these plates.

I just put in my request for the "don't tread on me" the one with the stupid bird which i didn't really like but, it was only 15 bucks. The one with the snake and flag is the one i really wanted.

So if they will begin taking orders soon i may have to put some more thought into this and recall the plate i ordered.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "The shores of history are littered with the wrecks of civilizations, where once free men trusted their rights and liberty to a wholly centralized government"

I don't mind the DTOM plates, nope, not a bit. What I do have a problem with are the LEOs that seem to still tout policy of MIAC and DHS that will use that to build a file or report the ownership of such a license plate to the Feds.

I almost want a license plate frame to accompany the plate that says, "If you're taking a picture of this as a LEO, then you're a terrorist." Or perhaps, "DHS and MIAC declared terrorist and proud of it!"

Bumper sticker: This vehicle is under 24/7 video surveillance.....especially when LE is present.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    For the 1030th time?

LOL, it's good information. Not really carry related, but nice to have.
    I'm not sure if its just me but, people are sure quick to jump on the bandwagon saying something doesn't apply or telling someone to use the search tool. ---people doing this drives me nuts.

I will go out on a limb and say that there isn't hardly a topic to speak of that hasn't been covered at least once.So i have no problem re-visiting and issue a few more times heck ill talk about it a couple hundred more.

And in response saying that it isn't on topic! --- well i would say that talking about a 2A friendly license plate from Missouri in a Missouri sub-form is more related than talking about what the state of Texas does in a Missouri Form.
    "The shores of history are littered with the wrecks of civilizations, where once free men trusted their rights and liberty to a wholly centralized government"

Quote Originally Posted by REALteach4u View Post
    I don't mind the DTOM plates, nope, not a bit. What I do have a problem with are the LEOs that seem to still tout policy of MIAC and DHS that will use that to build a file or report the ownership of such a license plate to the Feds.

I almost want a license plate frame to accompany the plate that says, "If you're taking a picture of this as a LEO, then you're a terrorist." Or perhaps, "DHS and MIAC declared terrorist and proud of it!"
    Realteach42--- When i read this i wasn't sure what the MIAC & DHS had said about the DTOM license plate but, after a some quick searches on yahoo WOW.......... thanks for the comment I learned a little today!