• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC breakfast, Sat. 7/7/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Saturday, July 7th, 9:30 AM

River City Diner
Parham Rd & I-95.................. Get directions
803 East Parham Rd
804-266-1500
Richmond, VA 23227

It's hot outside, they're air conditioned and Courtney will be happy to see us.

Sorry to be posting so late - been busy with "things" that had to take priority.

scouser

Saturday, July 7th, 9:30 AM

It's hot outside, they're air conditioned and Courtney will be happy to see us.

Sorry to be posting so late - been busy with "things" that had to take priority.

could you do me a favor and find out if she's working Wednesday morning please? Not sure yet if we'll be there Tuesday or Wednesday yet, Logan has a dr's appointment and my wife isn't sure if it's Tuesday or Wednesday, whichever day it isn't is when I'll take him to RCD, and I'll let you know just in case you're traveling again ...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
could you do me a favor and find out if she's working Wednesday morning please? Not sure yet if we'll be there Tuesday or Wednesday yet, Logan has a dr's appointment and my wife isn't sure if it's Tuesday or Wednesday, whichever day it isn't is when I'll take him to RCD, and I'll let you know just in case you're traveling again ...

Will find out and let you know.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I'll be wearing my new politically incorrect T-shirt. Headed to the fun show afterwards to see how many folks are interested in buying yet another GSL sticker. I'll window shop, but there's nothing on the "want it now" list.

stay safe.

scouser

Will find out and let you know.

nevermind .. his appointment is Thursday, this despite my wife insisting that it was either Tuesday or Wednesday so we'll be in there Tuesday morning and at dinner that evening

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I had to go to the Doctor today so I'm in the burbs. I'll be there.
I get to tell about the drowned terrorist!:uhoh:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I had to go to the Doctor today so I'm in the burbs. I'll be there.
I get to tell about the drowned terrorist!:uhoh:

No wonder the earth tilted.

I have my own cryptic tale of the Doctor in the lions den - the stew thickens.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Had a very interesting breakfast and morning.

Started off with being followed into the parking lot by a Henrico officer who sat in his marked unit watching me. Guess he liked my pretty truck with the pretty magnets. Then when I exited my vehicle, he got to see my pretty 1911. Have to guess that he was overwhelmed with the beauty of it all.

After a 2nd unit arrived (MWAG call?) and they discovered that they were being videoed (maybe?) by Peter they left.

Five members of the round table managed to do very well at the rectangular one at RCD.
Theories and sources were exchanged on several presently pending items.

riverrat10k

Nice to see you guys, even Peter.

Sorry I missed the excitement. Nobody else seemed too perturbed, but a couple of groups were eyeing the sidearms. Two guys noticed Peter's helmet cam and asked about videoing officers. Nice little meeting of the minds. No mention made of the guns. As it should be.

scouser

Nice to see you guys, even Peter.

Sorry I missed the excitement. Nobody else seemed too perturbed, but a couple of groups were eyeing the sidearms. Two guys noticed Peter's helmet cam and asked about videoing officers. Nice little meeting of the minds. No mention made of the guns. As it should be.

still running unfashionably late ? lol

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
still running unfashionably late ? lol

The big excitement was the two cops in the parking lot and I sure did get them Grape....Courtney is going shooting for the first time, I told the drowned terrorist story and we spent a considerable amount making fun of a certain person here:lol:

scouser

The big excitement was the two cops in the parking lot and I sure did get them Grape....Courtney is going shooting for the first time, I told the drowned terrorist story and we spent a considerable amount making fun of a certain person here:lol:

dunno if I have heard the drowned terrorist story, remind me Tuesday evening if you get a chance. I really need to get back to the range myself, I'm thinking I'll drop Logan at his grandmother's place for his afternoon nap on Thursday and go spend a couple of hours or so on Broad St, I bought the membership there but with starting a new job I've barely had any time to go there for the last couple of months.

Need to dig out my new camera (Canon SX40) this week, I'm thinking I'll take the young'un to the zoo either Tues or Wed

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
That's pretty sad.

When you say "considerable time"...... an hour? Two hours? Or longer? :lol:

Actually, we found it both enjoyable and mentally stimulating.

Oh! Did you think we were talking about you?

Honestly, the level of narcissism some folks have is astounding. Your name did come up, but the discussion was not all about you. IIRC what was said about you lasted about 5 minutes and we all agreed that was way too much time.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Sheriff
That's pretty sad.

When you say "considerable time"...... an hour? Two hours? Or longer? :lol:

Honestly, the level of narcissism some folks have is astounding. Your name did come up, but the discussion was not all about you. IIRC what was said about you lasted about 5 minutes and we all agreed that was way too much time.

stay safe.

Hmmm...ignore doesn't help if you're gonna quote him Skid.

That's pretty paranoid Sheriff. Do you really think everyone in the world is concerned with you? Maybe it's the mind scanners the new breed installed:lol::lol:

Don't bother answering. I won't see it unless someone quotes you. I have the noise filter on.

Sheriff

Me? Of course not.

But I still find it pretty sad that ANYBODY gets under y'alls skin enough to discuss them for a "considerable time" period.

Sheriff

Had a very interesting breakfast and morning.

Started off with being followed into the parking lot by a Henrico officer who sat in his marked unit watching me. Guess he liked my pretty truck with the pretty magnets. Then when I exited my vehicle, he got to see my pretty 1911. Have to guess that he was overwhelmed with the beauty of it all.

After a 2nd unit arrived (MWAG call?) and they discovered that they were being videoed (maybe?) by Peter they left.

Probably just a few cops working on an easy promotion. They research these gun meetings and show up at them. They run the license plates of anybody getting out with a gun on. And then they run the criminal history of the registered owner of the vehicle. A felon in possession of a firearm is a pretty good arrest in the eyes of any chief or sheriff. All of this is pretty easy to justify if their actions are ever questioned...... they spotted a man with a gun and wanted to take meausres to insure the other patrons in the restaurant were safe from a felon in possession of a gun. If no felony hit comes up on the screen, they pack it in and leave. I doubt seriously if the video camera intimidated them.

Not saying my explanation is what happened. But, back in 1997 when I was a full time sworn deputy sheriff and was falsely arrested for "impersonating a deputy sheriff", I almost laughed myself to death when the arresting rookie told another rookie that my soon-to-be infamous police impersonation arrest was going to land him the currently vacant sergeant promotion. It's without a doubt the funniest thing I have ever heard a rookie say. The scary part about it is the fact I think he almost believed himself. Instead, he was taken out of patrol and served with lawsuits. And once again, I was laughing so hard I almost died!!!! :lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Me? Of course not.

But I still find it pretty sad that ANYBODY gets under y'alls skin enough to discuss them for a "considerable time" period.

Assume much do you?

Said we spent considerable time talking about/discussing someone who wasn't there. Never indicated or even hinted that anyone got under our skin, nor that the conversation was in any way negative. Would seem that you have a rather low bar, before casting disparaging remarks.

You would appear to make things up as you go along with an agenda not conducive to responsible discourse.

Sheriff

Assume much do you?

Said we spent considerable time talking about/discussing someone who wasn't there. Never indicated or even hinted that anyone got under our skin, nor that the conversation was in any way negative. Would seem that you have a rather low bar, before casting disparaging remarks.

You would appear to make things up as you go along with an agenda not conducive to responsible discourse.

The actual quote was.... "we spent a considerable amount making fun of a certain person here"

definition: http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/make+fun+of

1- to ridicule someone or something.

2- to make a joke about someone or something in an unkind way

3- to make someone or something seem ridiculous by making jokes about them

Just my opinion, but this makes me reluctant to attend a breakfast or dinner if this is the type of activity the group spends a "considerable" amount of time on. It seems like a cowardly thing to do as well, the person is not there to defend himself/herself. Ohh well.....

Status
Not open for further replies.