• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC breakfast, Sat. 7/7/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Assume much do you?

Said we spent considerable time talking about/discussing someone who wasn't there. Never indicated or even hinted that anyone got under our skin, nor that the conversation was in any way negative. Would seem that you have a rather low bar, before casting disparaging remarks.

You would appear to make things up as you go along with an agenda not conducive to responsible discourse.

As I recall, a great deal of fun was made involving the drowned terrorist.
I have heard those bagels make you a little .......emotional!:uhoh:

I believe most of the absentee prodding was about a friend of mine . Feel better now that you know it wasn't you Sheriff.:lol:

Oh yeah, my son was on the hotseat too.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Probably just a few cops working on an easy promotion. They research these gun meetings and show up at them. They run the license plates of anybody getting out with a gun on. And then they run the criminal history of the registered owner of the vehicle. .... If no felony hit comes up on the screen, they pack it in and leave. I doubt seriously if the video camera intimidated them. ....

And you know this because WHY?? HOW??

Grapeshot and I have been meeting for breakfast on Saturday for, what - four?, five?, years? And we have been posting the weekly invitation/announcement of when/where the Greater Richmond OC Breakfast will be meeting on Saturday morning for what - two?, three? years. hlh has been setting up the monthly Greater Richmond OC Dinner for what - five?, six?, seven? years. The announcement/invitation goes up every month. For the last what - two? years grapeshot has been posting the list of names of who is anticipated to show up -- he started that maybe a month after hlh stopped posting the names of everyone who showed up within hours after the dinner was over. (Sorry, hlh, we really were just yanking your chain.) Peter Nap even used to post pictures of the dinner group until (IIRC) one person asked him not to post their picture. He said it was easier to not post than to Photoshop out a face.

Just how many times have cops rolled past, let alone slowed down long enough to get licence plate numbers. I think the grand total over just the past five years is ZERO!! Sure, there were occassions that cops happened to be in the vicinity, but even cursory research conclusively determined that they were there because of something besides a herd of gun-toters. on two different occassions (1 with VSP, one with Henrico PD) we know they saw the group of us because we made a point of saying "Hello" to them. Both times they moved on quickly - almost as if they did not want to be seen standing next to us.

I can recall at least two times when Henrico PD appeared to vacate the vicinity because they became aware that they were being video recorded. Within the subsequent for-evver since then nobody who was there at that time has reported that they were followed, stopped, rousted by HPD or any other LEA for no apparent reason/some BS made-up reason. (Yes, a few of us have had encounters with LEOs since then, but nothing that smelled so bad as to make anybody [except Sheriff] think it was because the cops had us picked out and set up because of our OC gathering(s).

What really puts the frosting on the cake is that Sheriff says he knows these things are going on, and implies that he knows which "new breed" cops are doing this (or at least which LEA they work for). Yet he has said nothing that would in any way suggest that he has made any sort of report or complaint - directly or indirectly, personally or annonymously - to either the LEA or some other "watchdog" agency, And he has the termidity to complain about a "thin blue line"!

I really do feel some unease about Badgering Sheriff about this, but there's just something about Truth, Justice and the American Way that almost compels me to stand up against what he's doing.

stay safe.

PS - Peter Nap, please accept my apology for again quoting Sheriff. I did cut a lot of it, so remember that when hating on me.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Sheriff

Not saying my explanation is what happened..........

Yet you continue to hypothesize as "probably" = likely, when the exact opposite is true.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
OK.

Explain how you know the exact opposite is true.

Why were they there?

What makes you think they left when they saw video cameras?

Because the exact opposite of likely is unlikely.

To do what he was doing.

Watched and saw it.

This is getting very boring.........................

Sheriff

Because the exact opposite of likely is unlikely.

To do what he was doing.

Watched and saw it.

This is getting very boring.........................

Yes, it is boring. But I offered up a "maybe", just like you offered up quite a bit of speculation too in the beginning. You claim a cop followed you. How do you know this? Maybe he just so happened to be going in the same direction. Or maybe the cops were going there to eat untilt they saw a bunch of people going in with guns strapped on their side? You guess he liked your trucks with magnets all over it. Do you even know if he noticed the magnets? If he noticed the magnets, did they even take time to read what they say? You say he saw your pretty 911 when you got out of your truck. How do you know he even saw it? You say a 2nd unit arrived and they left when they realized they were being videotaped. How do you know this? Maybe they left because they were dispatched to another call.

Looking for a quick and easy felony arrest makes just as much sense as all of your speculation.

scouser

Had a very interesting breakfast and morning.

Started off with being followed into the parking lot by a Henrico officer who sat in his marked unit watching me. Guess he liked my pretty truck with the pretty magnets. Then when I exited my vehicle, he got to see my pretty 1911. Have to guess that he was overwhelmed with the beauty of it all.

After a 2nd unit arrived (MWAG call?) and they discovered that they were being videoed (maybe?) by Peter they left.

Five members of the round table managed to do very well at the rectangular one at RCD.
Theories and sources were exchanged on several presently pending items.

Yes, it is boring. But I offered up a "maybe", just like you offered up quite a bit of speculation too in the beginning. You claim a cop followed you. How do you know this? Maybe he just so happened to be going in the same direction. Or maybe the cops were going there to eat untilt they saw a bunch of people going in with guns strapped on their side? You guess he liked your trucks with magnets all over it. Do you even know if he noticed the magnets? If he noticed the magnets, did they even take time to read what they say? You say he saw your pretty 911 when you got out of your truck. How do you know he even saw it? You say a 2nd unit arrived and they left when they realized they were being videotaped. How do you know this? Maybe they left because they were dispatched to another call.

Looking for a quick and easy felony arrest makes just as much sense as all of your speculation.

He probably knew the cop followed him into the parking lot because he looked in his rear view mirror before making the turn into the parking lot and saw the cop's car driving into the parking lot behind him.

If the cop didn't notice the magnets he must be blind. They're not exactly small and the orange color of the magnet contrasts a great deal with the white color of the truck.

Did he take the time to read the magnets? Well let's see, how long does it take to read "Guns Save Lives"? Those of us with any kind of rudimentary education can read those three words very quickly. If the cop drove into the parking lot behind Grape then he saw the magnets and he had time to read them, if he didn't see them or read them then I'd like to know why he's even got a job.

If the cop didn't see Grape's 1911 then he is blind. I was having breakfast with my son at RCD last Tuesday morning. I happened to glance out the window as Grape was walking towards the door, he'd decided to surprise me and show up, I wasn't expecting him so I wasn't looking out the window waiting for him. I noticed his firearm before it registered that it was Grape. It's NOTICEABLE.

He only said the 2 cops MAYBE left when they discovered they were being videoed, he never claimed that was THE thing that made them leave

Last edited:

Sheriff

He probably knew the cop followed him into the parking lot because he looked in his rear view mirror before making the turn into the parking lot and saw the cop's car driving into the parking lot behind him.

This happens to me quite often. I assume they are simply going the same direction that I am. If they are following me, how would I know?

If the cop didn't notice the magnets he must be blind. They're not exactly small and the orange color of the magnet contrasts a great deal with the white color of the truck.

I see cars with magnets and bumper stickers on them all day long. The rear of some cars are totally covered by magnets and bumper stickers. I never care to or take the time to read them. I quit reading them many years ago when this "Save The World" and "Hug A Tree" stuff came along. :lol:

Did he take the time to read the magnets? Well let's see, how long does it take to read "Guns Save Lives"? Those of us with any kind of rudimentary education can read those three words very quickly. If the cop drove into the parking lot behind Grape then he saw the magnets and he had time to read them, if he didn't see them or read them then I'd like to know why he's even got a job.

Magnets and bumper stickers are not required reading by a law enforcement officer. It's their job to observe what's taking place around them (as in crime in progress), not read magnets and bumper stickers.

If the cop didn't see Grape's 1911 then he is blind. I was having breakfast with my son at RCD last Tuesday morning. I happened to glance out the window as Grape was walking towards the door, he'd decided to surprise me and show up, I wasn't expecting him so I wasn't looking out the window waiting for him. I noticed his firearm before it registered that it was Grape. It's NOTICEABLE.

Maybe the cop was not sharing the same vantage point as you in seeing the gun.

He only said the 2 cops MAYBE left when they discovered they were being videoed, he never claimed that was THE thing that made them leave

He said..... "After a 2nd unit arrived (MWAG call?) and they discovered that they were being videoed (maybe?) by Peter they left."

That's the one point he and I might agree on..... maybe they left because of the video camera, maybe they didn't. I'm betting that a video camera was not enough to intimidate two people carrying guns and badges. It wouldn't intimidate me if I was on a mission to find a good felony arrest before my shift was over.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

If you ignore him, he'll go away Scouser...but just to show that the cop WASN'T taking license numbers (unless he's learned a new technique of seeing around corners.

RCC's parking lot is 90 degrees to the cop.

rcc1.jpg

Whatever made them leave happened about 60 seconds after I put the camera on the news stand. Maybe they heard Momma. Who knows?

Last edited:

mk4

Sheriff, you have achieved your goal... with me at least.
You have become completely tiresome with your endless drivel. You seemingly post just to see yourself post and contribute virtually nothing. Welcome to my ignore list. :rolleyes:

Plonk...

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The last time they paid us a visit, it embarrassed them enough to get internal affairs involved. But of course that had nothing to do with them leaving.

[video=vimeo;24658229]https://vimeo.com/24658229[/video]

scouser

If you ignore him, he'll go away Scouser...

agreed

Sheriff, you have achieved your goal... with me at least.
You have become completely tiresome with your endless drivel. You seemingly post just to see yourself post and contribute virtually nothing. Welcome to my ignore list. :rolleyes:

Plonk...

couldn't put it better myself.

I guess sitting in a drive thru line for a bagel everyday gives someone a completely different view of what's going on. Life's too short to bother with the people who want to find something to argue about all the time. Perhaps if he'd shown his face a time or too at a get together I could find some validation in something he says. As it is, it just seems he wants to antagonize as many people as possible ..... now, (and on a completely unrelated note, of course) what was that thing that lived under the bridge and tried to pick on the billygoats?

Sheriff

These are the magnets? I thought we talking about a lot of magnets, as in couldn't help but notice them. Before I knew what they are (from this forum), I would never have paid any attention to a couple of magnets like that.

rcc1.jpg

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack on forum member and general attack on the civil rights of senior citizens. Tone it down or else!

Last edited by a moderator:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snip--

Now, I am going to be perfectly honest about this photo. I apologize in advance if I offend anybody. I don't know who it is, don't care.... but if I saw an elderly frail man carrying a gun in public like this, my first thought would be whether he could even hit anything with it if he pulled it out of the holster. My second thought would be whether there should be some maximum age for carrying firearms. Nothing personal, I also think there should be a maximum age for operating a motor vehicle on the public highways nationwide.

These folks all approve of your message:

6809163321_3f106da89b_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.