Thread: Va. Farm Bureau goes in 50/50 on State Fair, lets contact them about the gun ban

Va. Farm Bureau goes in 50/50 on State Fair, lets contact them about the gun ban

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- The Virginia Farm Bureau Federation is getting into the fair business, announcing Friday it will be a 50-50 partner with a company that purchased the 331 acres in Caroline County that is home to the State Fair of Virginia.

The farm lobby will partner with Universal Fairs LLC of Cordova, Tenn., to operate the agricultural side of the fair. Universal purchased the rolling green acres that were once the home of Triple Crown winner Secretariat at auction in May for $5.67 million from the debt-ridden former operator of the 150-year-old fair.
    VFB is my insurer, lets' nudge them the right way on this.

Here's their Contact Info page:
    http://vafarmbureau.org/AboutFarmBureau/ContactUs.aspx
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

My simple comment to them. I'm sure others can do better...

Congratulations on your investment in the State Fair of Virginia. I hope you will consider eliminating the previous owner's rule of banning lawfully carried self defense firearms. Such bans only serve to leave law abiding Virginians defenseless, while doing nothing to dissuade the lawless. Perhaps one day soon I and many other Virginians who take our safely seriously will once again feel welcome at the fair. Thank you.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post

Congratulations on your investment in the State Fair of Virginia. I hope you will consider eliminating the previous owner's rule of banning lawfully carried self defense firearms.
    Such bans only serve to leave law abiding Virginians defenseless, while doing nothing to dissuade the lawless.

Criminals don't care about code of conduct/rules as they will not abide by them anyway that's why they are criminals.

A simple fix would be to state unruly behavior and/or illegal activity isn't allowed on property, violators will be trespassed.

As a parent of four young children (12y-3mo.) a safe area is important. However, the previous owners rule regarding lawfully carried firearms did nothing to improve safety, it was nothing more than a feel good/safe measure.

I would appreciate knowing if the previous rule will stand or be done away with, so I and many other Virginians can decide if we'll be attending the Fair this year.

Thanks,
    Marco

Ps.
    We avoid the local Fair/s because of similar rules.

I'll post if I get a response.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent19 View Post
    Congratulations on your investment in the State Fair of Virginia. I hope you will consider eliminating the previous owner's rule of banning lawfully carried self defense firearms.
    Such bans only serve to leave law abiding Virginians defenseless, while doing nothing to dissuade the lawless.

Criminals don't care about code of conduct/rules as they will not abide by them anyway that's why they are criminals.

A simple fix would be to state unruly behavior and/or illegal activity isn't allowed on property, violators will be trespassed.

As a parent of four young children (12y-3mo.) a safe area is important. However, the previous owners rule regarding lawfully carried firearms did nothing to improve safety, it was nothing more than a feel good/safe measure.

I would appreciate knowing if the previous rule will stand or be done away with, so I and many other Virginians can decide if we'll be attending the Fair this year.

Thanks,
    Marco

Ps.
    We avoid the local Fair/s because of similar rules.

I'll post if I get a response.
    +1
    Good letter Marco. Mine was similar and I really hope they listen. Since they're bring Agriculture back to the state fair, I'd like to go.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff View Post
    Has anybody seen the web sites devoted to the "People of Walmart"?

This is some of the same people who go to state fairs.

Are we sure we want them carrying firearms? Food for thought.
    I've seen it. Yes I want these people to be able to carry firearms if they choose. Just because they are strange or abnormal in no way makes their lives worth any less than mine or yours.

so, in addition to seniors being denied the full protection of the US Constitution it appears as though those who wear spandex (when all sense of fashion dictates they shouldn't), and those who might appear in an upcoming episode of 'My Redneck Wedding' or 'Jerry Springer' should be denied the same protection. In other words, people like me.

I apologize for not being one of the 'elite' that in a bigotted view of the world might be allowed to protect himself.
    Last edited by scouser; 07-10-2012 at 04:02 PM. Reason: he ain't worth it, but if you didn't see what I wrote, it was funny don't care who you are .. lol