• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Va. Farm Bureau goes in 50/50 on State Fair, lets contact them about the gun ban

paramedic70002

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...OL-?SITE=VANOV&SECTION=STATE&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- The Virginia Farm Bureau Federation is getting into the fair business, announcing Friday it will be a 50-50 partner with a company that purchased the 331 acres in Caroline County that is home to the State Fair of Virginia.

The farm lobby will partner with Universal Fairs LLC of Cordova, Tenn., to operate the agricultural side of the fair. Universal purchased the rolling green acres that were once the home of Triple Crown winner Secretariat at auction in May for $5.67 million from the debt-ridden former operator of the 150-year-old fair.

VFB is my insurer, lets' nudge them the right way on this.

Here's their Contact Info page:
http://vafarmbureau.org/AboutFarmBureau/ContactUs.aspx

paramedic70002

My simple comment to them. I'm sure others can do better...

Congratulations on your investment in the State Fair of Virginia. I hope you will consider eliminating the previous owner's rule of banning lawfully carried self defense firearms. Such bans only serve to leave law abiding Virginians defenseless, while doing nothing to dissuade the lawless. Perhaps one day soon I and many other Virginians who take our safely seriously will once again feel welcome at the fair. Thank you.

Marco

Congratulations on your investment in the State Fair of Virginia. I hope you will consider eliminating the previous owner's rule of banning lawfully carried self defense firearms.
Such bans only serve to leave law abiding Virginians defenseless, while doing nothing to dissuade the lawless.

Criminals don't care about code of conduct/rules as they will not abide by them anyway that's why they are criminals.

A simple fix would be to state unruly behavior and/or illegal activity isn't allowed on property, violators will be trespassed.

As a parent of four young children (12y-3mo.) a safe area is important. However, the previous owners rule regarding lawfully carried firearms did nothing to improve safety, it was nothing more than a feel good/safe measure.

I would appreciate knowing if the previous rule will stand or be done away with, so I and many other Virginians can decide if we'll be attending the Fair this year.

Thanks,
Marco

Ps.
We avoid the local Fair/s because of similar rules.

I'll post if I get a response.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Congratulations on your investment in the State Fair of Virginia. I hope you will consider eliminating the previous owner's rule of banning lawfully carried self defense firearms.
Such bans only serve to leave law abiding Virginians defenseless, while doing nothing to dissuade the lawless.

Criminals don't care about code of conduct/rules as they will not abide by them anyway that's why they are criminals.

A simple fix would be to state unruly behavior and/or illegal activity isn't allowed on property, violators will be trespassed.

As a parent of four young children (12y-3mo.) a safe area is important. However, the previous owners rule regarding lawfully carried firearms did nothing to improve safety, it was nothing more than a feel good/safe measure.

I would appreciate knowing if the previous rule will stand or be done away with, so I and many other Virginians can decide if we'll be attending the Fair this year.

Thanks,
Marco

Ps.
We avoid the local Fair/s because of similar rules.

I'll post if I get a response.

+1
Good letter Marco. Mine was similar and I really hope they listen. Since they're bring Agriculture back to the state fair, I'd like to go.

Sheriff

Has anybody seen the web sites devoted to the "People of Walmart"?

This is some of the same people who go to state fairs.

Are we sure we want them carrying firearms? Food for thought.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Has anybody seen the web sites devoted to the "People of Walmart"?

This is some of the same people who go to state fairs.

Are we sure we want them carrying firearms? Food for thought.

I've seen it. Yes I want these people to be able to carry firearms if they choose. Just because they are strange or abnormal in no way makes their lives worth any less than mine or yours.

scouser

so, in addition to seniors being denied the full protection of the US Constitution it appears as though those who wear spandex (when all sense of fashion dictates they shouldn't), and those who might appear in an upcoming episode of 'My Redneck Wedding' or 'Jerry Springer' should be denied the same protection. In other words, people like me.

I apologize for not being one of the 'elite' that in a bigotted view of the world might be allowed to protect himself.

Last edited: