Thread: Tell Seattle Mayor how you feel about open carry and other gun related issues...

Tell Seattle Mayor how you feel about open carry and other gun related issues...

Plan ahead: Mayor to host town hall at Van Asselt Community Center 7/18

Mark your calendar: neighbors in the 98108, 98118, amd 98144 area codes are invited to attend a Mayor's Town Hall meeting on Wednesday, July 18 from 5:30-8 p.m. at Van Asselt Community Center (2820 S. Myrtle St.)

The event starts with a community information fair from 5:30-6:30, followed by a youth performance from 6:30-6:40, then the open Q&A session with Mayor McGinn and City staff.

The town hall is another in a series of town halls throughout Seattle, through the Engage Seattle initiative, designed to "to provide concrete ways for Seattleites to help make our city a better place." Find out more at the website.

No Thanks. If I have my way, I won't set foot again in the city of Seattle for the rest of my life.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by jsanchez View Post
    Mark your calendar: neighbors in the 98108, 98118, amd 98144 area codes
    these are called zip codes. area codes are for phone numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    No Thanks. If I have my way, I won't set foot again in the city of Seattle for the rest of my life.
    So what is it you dislike so much about Seattle?

So what is it you dislike so much about Seattle?
    Their PD agency is set on "shoot to kill and ask questions later"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

Plan ahead: Mayor to host town hall at Van Asselt Community Center 7/18

Mark your calendar: neighbors in the 98108, 98118, amd 98144 area codes are invited to attend a Mayor's Town Hall meeting on Wednesday, July 18 from 5:30-8 p.m. at Van Asselt Community Center (2820 S. Myrtle St.)

The event starts with a community information fair from 5:30-6:30, followed by a youth performance from 6:30-6:40, then the open Q&A session with Mayor McGinn and City staff.

The town hall is another in a series of town halls throughout Seattle, through the Engage Seattle initiative, designed to "to provide concrete ways for Seattleites to help make our city a better place." Find out more at the website.
    The way I see it, since this is a public park (http://info.kingcounty.gov/Assessor/...Nbr=7857002030), then OC is lawful.
    Rev. Robert Apgood, Esq.

A right cannot be lost by exercising it. McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025, 130 S. Ct. 3020, 3021, 177 L. Ed. 2d 894 (2010) (citing Near v. Minn., 283 U.S. 697 (1931)).

Although IAAL, anything I say here is not legal advice. No conversations we may have privately or otherwise in this forum constitute the formation of an attorney-client relationship, and are not intended to do so.

Van Asselt Community Center No Gun Sign. In Violation.

I personally went down to the community center where McGinn will be speaking on the 18th and they have not complied with gun's being legal in city parks and rec. centers.
    Looks like they want to get sued again. Turned info. over to Dave Workman. We show up and if they throw us out that gives us legal right to once again slap down the city
    for noncompliance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	No Guns Sign Seattle.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	8825  

Quote Originally Posted by redboneshadow View Post
    I personally went down to the community center where McGinn will be speaking on the 18th and they have not complied with gun's being legal in city parks and rec. centers.
    Looks like they want to get sued again. Turned info. over to Dave Workman. We show up and if they throw us out that gives us legal right to once again slap down the city
    for noncompliance.
    Don't you think the Appeals court would like to give McGinn a 6 month vacation in the state pen for contempt? I think that would be great.

for noncompliance.
    There is nothing in the SMC 18.12 about firearms. http://clerk.ci.seattle.wa.us/~public/toc/18-12.htm

This is one of those old signs that needs to come down or be changed.
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    There is nothing in the SMC 18.12 about firearms. http://clerk.ci.seattle.wa.us/~public/toc/18-12.htm

This is one of those old signs that needs to come down or be changed.
    Go get em, Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by oklaccer View Post
    Go get em, Nick.
    How are you Al? Getting ready to OC soon in OK?
    Live Free or Die!

So who all are going tomarrow nite. If anyone saw the news tonite, the mayor is taking a beating over police reform. The city attorney, city council and minority groups are all beating him up. Tomarrow nite would be a great nite to show up, set a good impression of open carry, win some hearts and minds, educate people about self defense and how safe this state is compared to others. The list goes on and on. So who's coming.......

Exclamation Date and Place Have Been Changed!!!! Mayor's Town Hall South Seattle

Either someone tipped him off that some of us would show up or, well you guess. I have no clue at this point. Checked his web site and the new updated info. is here:

http://mayormcginn.seattle.gov/wp-co...l-St-Marks.pdf

Figures he moves it to a church which makes it difficult to open carry at.

Mayors site: http://tinyurl.com/csw6h2w

So date is 8-14-2012 @ 5:30

Church is 2 blocks North on Beacon East side. 6020 Beacon Ave. So.

Either someone tipped him off that some of us would show up or, well you guess. I have no clue at this point. Checked his web site and the new updated info. is here:

http://mayormcginn.seattle.gov/wp-co...l-St-Marks.pdf

Figures he moves it to a church which makes it difficult to open carry at.

Mayors site: http://tinyurl.com/csw6h2w

So date is 8-14-2012 @ 5:30

Church is 2 blocks North on Beacon East side. 6020 Beacon Ave. So.
    That's funny. He's so afraid of the citizens. As he should be. Of course what he really needs to worry about is his job rather than his life.

I find this interesting if nothing else.
    http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp