• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

babies r us- stephanie & warm springs

lvcummins

After looking around their store for a good 30 minutes, we were approached by the manager and told "side arms" were not allowed in the store. I asked if they had any signs posted and he said they did and walked us out to the front of the store and he was right. I don't really bother to look because I know its doesn't make it illegal for me to go in. Then he told me that most major retail stores around town do not allow it. I told him he was wrong and that I go pretty much everywhere with it. He didn't really care to have any kind of discussion about it and we left. Kinda sucks because my wife is pregnant and they have the biggest selection of baby stuff.

Lostlittlerobot

Your store is a ways away from me. But I have a babies r us right near where I do some of my regular shopping, and I'll stop by it next time I'm out. I'll look for signs. If it's not on every store, then it could just be THAT store's manager's opinion. Have you tried contacting any regional or corporate person to find out how they as a company handle this?

Never gone to one of their stores so don't know much else about it now, but if I see signs up at the one near me I'll let you know.

lvcummins

Yeah, I'm not sure about the other stores and I have not contacted anybody yet as I just got home. I hate to say it but there is no way I'm driving to the one on north 5th. Might have to just suck it up for now because that's where we want to register. Unless we can get corporate to change their mind or the mind of the manager that is. I've never had to write anybody about this so any help would be great.

lvcummins

Yeah, I just did some searching on here and people from all over have had this same issue and were told by corporate that is was part of their policy. Doesn't seem like they'll be allowing it any time soon.

Merlin

I have carried at the Rainbow & Lake mead location on numerous occasions with no problems. I seem to recall actually flagging down an employee to help me on a few occasions. When I contact them before they realize I am OC, it seems to preempt their concerns.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

PistolPackingMomma

Yeah, I'm not sure about the other stores and I have not contacted anybody yet as I just got home. I hate to say it but there is no way I'm driving to the one on north 5th. Might have to just suck it up for now because that's where we want to register. Unless we can get corporate to change their mind or the mind of the manager that is. I've never had to write anybody about this so any help would be great.

Congrats to you and your wife!

For our first, we registered at Buy Buy Baby instead. I don't know if they have a firearm policy, but we haven't seen any signs posted at our local store. As a plus, their stores are generally cleaner, nicer and the staff is friendlier. That, in addition to Babies/Toys R Us being anti-gun, won us over. If you don't have a BBB local to you, you can still register online. They're customer service is pretty good, and friends and family have the option to order from your registry online, over the phone or in their local store and the company will ship to you.

Good luck!

MKEgal

lvcummins said:
I asked if they had any signs posted
:banghead: NEVER ask or suggest posting signs.
Ask for a manager, get a copy of the store policy printed on their letterhead, get contact info for the district manager or corp. office, etc.... all can help when you bring the problem to the attention of the next level of management in order to get it straightened out.

I don't really bother to look because I know it doesn't make it illegal for me to go in.
But if they've posted signs, that means they A) don't want you there and B) are anti-rights.
Why give them your money? :confused:

LV.Diesel

It is unfortunate how convenient it is for us to register at Babies 'R' us though. There is one near everyone. and it is the only baby store in town. I believe I will use Target as our main registry and Babies 'R' Us for the odd things Target does not carry. When he told us 'Most major retail stores will have these signs' we kind of laughed. We carry nearly everywhere. I was a little disappointed that I wasn't carrying that day and I was also a little upset I didn't have a basket full of merchandise to set on the counter and walk out. He was short and to the point though. And when my husband told him 'We will take our business elsewhere' the manager shrugged it off.

jdholmes

It is unfortunate how convenient it is for us to register at Babies 'R' us though. There is one near everyone. and it is the only baby store in town...

That is just simply not true. There are other baby stores in town...actually forget calling it town - we are one of thelargest cities in North America, there are other places to get what you are looking or...and at this point choosing to give them your money is your choice...and you are choosing convenience. I don't care, let's just call a spade a spade.

FWIW - registries are typically useless anyway, people will get you what they want to get you. If they do use your registry you are actually promoting BRU by giving them not just your business but the business of anyone who purchases from your registry.

LV.Diesel

That is just simply not true. There are other baby stores in town...actually forget calling it town - we are one of thelargest cities in North America, there are other places to get what you are looking or...and at this point choosing to give them your money is your choice...and you are choosing convenience. I don't care, let's just call a spade a spade.

FWIW - registries are typically useless anyway, people will get you what they want to get you. If they do use your registry you are actually promoting BRU by giving them not just your business but the business of anyone who purchases from your registry.

Babies R Us is in fact the largest baby store in Las Vegas but if you can name a few other stores that have the selection that they do I would be more than happy to register there. Registries are very helpful and will cost me less time to make returns to 20 different stores with a newborn when people buy me duplicate gifts because I did not register. And I believe I did note that I will mainly register for the bulk of my items at Target where we are welcome to OC.

jdholmes

Well, as I said...completely your decision. It may be the biggest but certainly not your only option.

I am sure the registry seems useful and helpful...but from my experience people just don't use them as a general rule. They will still buy from multiple stores for the same reason you are registering (personal convenience) and you will end up returning all over the place or just keeping them...that's just my opinion on registries though....just saying, don't put too much stock in the idea and then be let down.

Last edited: