Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Guns don't keep us free ?

  1. #1
    Regular Member Old Virginia Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SE Va., , Occupied CSA
    Posts
    366

    Guns don't keep us free ?

    I'm listening to a syndicated AM talk show right now on the radio, and the host stated that in the US, our guns are not keeping us free (as we like to say, the 2A guarantees all the other nine), and in fact, in spite of all the guns we have, our freedom is being constantly denied us in so many ways, and at all levels. He pointed out how in Sadam's Iraq, guns were in the hands of nearly everyone, and yet they were ruled by a ruthless dictator who apparently did not disarm his people, but everyone agrees that in spite of those arms, they were not "free." He said the govt has not disarmed us yet, but that they are nonetheless stripping us of liberty every single day! It seems to me this guy is right. On this July 4th weekend, is there any interest in proving him wrong?
    Last edited by Old Virginia Joe; 07-07-2012 at 08:35 PM. Reason: "Free Talk Live" is the name of the show
    VCDL, Army Vet, Virginia Native

    Hey, Libtards, it's the "Bill of Rights," not the "Bill of Needs" . . . . .

    If the 2A does not apply to modern weapons, then the 1A does not apply to modern communications like the Internet! How do you like them apples!?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,929
    There is a very well written story of sorts about the people who were permitted to own guns, but tolerated all other infringements and slavery, because, after all, they still had their guns, and thus the means to rebel if they chose. The government let them keep their guns and the illusion of freedom, but took everything else.

    I wish that I could remember who wrote it so I could link to it.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358
    Letting law-abiding citizens in the US keep their guns serves the same purpose as letting them vote in "elections".

    It reinforces the illusion that we are free, and that we have some input as to the manner in which this nation is operated--internally and externally.

    Anyone with eyes to see and ears to hear knows better.

    Most law-abiding Americans are too polite to say what they really think. Most folks have become so isolated from their neighbors and communities by media propaganda and techno-gadget addiction that they don't realize that nearly EVERYONE thinks the same way they do about the creeping tyranny under which we are suffering.

    Not until the People stand up en masse, and start engaging in widespread civil disobedience--not following illegal laws, refusing to comply with "administrative policies" that are threatened against them under color of law, and standing up and refusing to participate in their own victimization--will TPTB move to disarm us.

    "They" are getting desperate--they see that the "end game" is near, and that the numbers of the "awake" is reaching critical mass. They are moving to abridge the 1A with reckless abandon, and you can bet that the move to abolish the 2A and 4A won't be far behind. They are at their most dangerous point now--realizing that if they slip, the People will not only defeat them but try to eradicate them from the planet. They are like a cornered wild animal--and we the People must keep our wits about us, and not strike until they fully reveal their true bloodthirsty, life-hating, death-worshiping sociopathic nature.

    Then and only then will their expungement from the planet be righteous...

    Hopefully, "They" won't pull another false flag before a critical mass of people wake up, because when they do--and they WILL--it will mean that thousands (if not millions) of innocents will be sacrificed on their unholy altars, and then they will use that as an excuse to CLAMP DOWN on speech, RKBA and 4A rights--and most people will be in such a state of shock (like after 9-11) that they will gladly go along with it...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  4. #4
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    There is a very well written story of sorts about the people who were permitted to own guns, but tolerated all other infringements and slavery, because, after all, they still had their guns, and thus the means to rebel if they chose. The government let them keep their guns and the illusion of freedom, but took everything else.

    I wish that I could remember who wrote it so I could link to it.
    I think I read that one. It's called "The History of the United States"...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  5. #5
    Accomplished Advocate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bedford, Texas, USA
    Posts
    834
    Guns don't keep us free, unless we actually have the balls to use them.

  6. #6
    Regular Member VW_Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Leesburg, GA
    Posts
    1,098
    Saddam's Royal Guard tried their best to make sure his "opposing" populous was disarmed.

    The amount of control and regulation however is totally different from what most of the American public will envision or imagine about.

    There is a reason that region of the world is unstable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

  7. #7
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
    i think i read that one. It's called "the history of the united states"...
    lol.....
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  8. #8
    Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    2,489
    We have already been largely disarmed through social pressure. The numbers put out say only 3 in 10 Americans own a gun. How many of those are loaded and ready to use? How many of THOSE are carried? I'm guessing a very small percentage.
    I had a buddy tell me this weekend his wife had said to him "Your going to bring that thing with us to the movies? Is that necessary?" This is the wife of a gun range owner and NRA instructor.
    We are raised to have a real distaste for guns.

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    We have already been largely disarmed through social pressure. The numbers put out say only 3 in 10 Americans own a gun. How many of those are loaded and ready to use? How many of THOSE are carried? I'm guessing a very small percentage.
    While less than 2% of Americans are carrying a firearm at any given time, the fact is that number could jump to more than 20% in less than 1 hour, as at least 1 out of every 5 people are familiar and comfortable enough with firearms to carry them if need be.* Since approximately 50% of all households have guns, it's conceivable that percentage could rise to as much as 50%.

    *Funny story about one of the petite young ladies who works at a nearby office complex. Evidently she had a "stalker." Don't know if it was an actual stalker, but the guy was looking at her too often for her comfort every time he walked by her window. While talking to her one day, I asked if she was concerned. She knows I open carry, so I was hoping I might get her to consider obtaining a firearm for protection. While I was thinking about how to approach the subject delicately with this dainty young flower, she hiked up her skirt to reveal an XDM 40 strapped to the inside of her thigh. "Nope!" she exclaimed in response to my question. "If he tries anything, I'll just blow him away!"

    The moral of the story is that you never really know who is carrying, or for that matter, which kind and gentle persons are capable of defending themselves in an expeditious manner.

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Virginia Joe View Post
    He pointed out how in Sadam's Iraq, guns were in the hands of nearly everyone, and yet they were ruled by a ruthless dictator who apparently did not disarm his people, but everyone agrees that in spite of those arms, they were not "free."
    Saddam didn't need to disarm them. He simply gassed them.
    Last edited by since9; 07-10-2012 at 03:33 AM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  10. #10
    Regular Member moonie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    High Point NC
    Posts
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Saddam didn't need to disarm them. He simply gassed them.
    But but but he didn't have any WMD's (which would include gas), yes, I'm kidding, how can you say he didn't have WMD's if he had ALREADY used them on his own population...

  11. #11
    Regular Member XD40coyote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    woman stuck in Maryland, ,
    Posts
    709
    Nice story there since9, too bad that feeling is not common among women. Did you ask if she has ever OC'd? If I was a hot young thing again, an XDm .40 with stainless slide would compliment my way of dress. I had to settle for a cool looking 70 pound dog back in those hot young thing days...

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by DKSuddeth View Post
    Guns don't keep us free, unless we actually have the balls to use them.
    roger that!; was just about to post something very similar.

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    Nice story there since9, too bad that feeling is not common among women. Did you ask if she has ever OC'd? If I was a hot young thing again, an XDm .40 with stainless slide would compliment my way of dress. I had to settle for a cool looking 70 pound dog back in those hot young thing days...
    Nah. She's usually armed -- how she carries is up to her. I suspect she, like many office workers who carry, probably wouldn't have a job very long if she OC'd.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •