• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

brief exposure / producing CWL

hammer6

SMH. 790.115 applies to anyone possessing a weapon on the property of any school, licensed or not. If you believe it does not apply to CWFL holders, have at it.

As stated, 790.06(12) is not the only statute governing possession/carrying of weapons in the state.

You are, of course free to believe whateverthehell suits you.

then what about off-duty LEO? are they exempt? what about on duty?

hammer6

SMH. 790.115 applies to anyone possessing a weapon on the property of any school, licensed or not. If you believe it does not apply to CWFL holders, have at it.

As stated, 790.06(12) is not the only statute governing possession/carrying of weapons in the state.

You are, of course free to believe whateverthehell suits you.

i found the exemption for LEO's...

but after reading this and cross-referencing every statute quote and reference, etc....i still believe that the "lawful" carrying of a firearm is allowed...lawful meaning with a CWL...

notalawyer

i found the exemption for LEO's...

but after reading this and cross-referencing every statute quote and reference, etc....i still believe that the "lawful" carrying of a firearm is allowed...lawful meaning with a CWL...

Can you carry in a prison?

Ironside

Just for clarity, it is your contention that a CWFL holder may legally carry a concealed handgun into a county jail or a state prison in Florida.

OK, NAL you set him up, now nail him with 790.06 12(a) 3.

Aren't both of you soaking wet by now in this little p***ing contest?

Give it a rest.

notalawyer

Give it a rest.

now nail him with 790.06 12(a) 3
I was not even referring to that, I was thinking more along the lines of a felony that would prevent him from ever owning/possessing a firearm for the remainder of his life.....

Just trying to educate someone that is either unable/unwilling to understand the law.

Give it a rest.
No one asked/compelled you to read or comment on the thread, so please take your own advise.

hammer6

Give it a rest.

lol i think i forgot something...

[/SARCASM]

there, all better ;)

(althought i'm sure NAL will find something to trump 790.06 12(a) 3....)

notalawyer

lol i think i forgot something...

[/SARCASM]

there, all better ;)

(althought i'm sure NAL will find something to trump 790.06 12(a) 3....)

As has been explained to you, 790.06 is not the only Florida statute that address firearm possession in the state.