• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'ing restaurant delivery driver in the news

Sheriff

All good people are entitled to the right of personal defense.

I agree. As long as they can still physically handle and discharge a firearm safely and accurately.

There comes a time in life when we all have to give up driving, shooting, dancing, speedo bathing suits, etc....

It's a fact of life. Within the next 20 years I am going to give up all of these things myself most likely, except the speedo bathing suits of course. They might still look good with a diaper underneath! :eek:

Sheriff

Who stated that a pizza delivery dude/dudette should not be armed.

I stated that the concept would never fly in the area in which I live. Customers would ring the phones off the hooks with complaints about an armed person coming onto their property. I had a citizen file a complaint on me for delivering a jury summons to him while I was in uniform and armed (true story). This is the kind of folks who live in the city in which I reside. :rolleyes:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I agree. As long as they can still physically handle and discharge a firearm safely and accurately.

There comes a time in life when we all have to give up driving, shooting, dancing, speedo bathing suits, etc....

It's a fact of life. Within the next 20 years I am going to give up all of these things myself most likely, except the speedo bathing suits of course. They might still look good with a diaper underneath! :eek:

You are wearing that line out. Standards exist and remedies also - see no pressing need to add to those as there is no tsunami of incidents demanding attention.......in spite of your continued thumping of that drum.

And no, redirecting or hijacking this thread will not be met with kindly either.

davidmcbeth

Banned
It would be my opinion.....

Let me repeat this..... it would be my OPINION.....

..... that this driver wouldn't last 2 days in the city in which I live. The bleeding heart liberals answering their door, with their kids standing behind them, to see a man with a gun delivering their pizza would prompt a series of complaints a pizza shoppe would never tolerate in this area.

Well, I don't want people I don't know entering my land armed .... are most OK with this? And this includes police!

Sheriff

Well, I don't want people I don't know entering my land armed .... are most OK with this? And this includes police!

I agree 100%

The most dangerous position I have ever been in involved police officers coming onto my property and peeping in my windows. It was an intentional setup by the sergeant who was directing them by cell phone. He was hoping I would go outside with a firearm in my hands and get shot dead.

The sergeant was asked to resign shortly after this. :lol:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
You're up at 5:30 a.m. in the morning to post this drivel? :lol: :question: :lol:

Well, yeah. It's difficult to be up at 5:30 a.m. in the afternoon or evening or night, so I gotta be up in the morning if it's that time.

Orientation to time - one of those indicators they use to determine if you are mentally competetant or not. Then we have the "State of Virginia" indicating disorientation as to place. And the paranoia manifested by insistance on using the drive-thru instead of getting out of the car and being in close proximity to others.

It may be drivel, but it sure fills up those lines on the green paper. Maybe if I added the part about thinking you can control the behavior of others - would that be overkill?

stay safe.

Sheriff

Well, yeah. It's difficult to be up at 5:30 a.m. in the afternoon or evening or night, so I gotta be up in the morning if it's that time.

More power to you. :banana:

Orientation to time - one of those indicators they use to determine if you are mentally competetant or not.

Yeah, asking who the Vice-President is always tripped me up. I would answer with GEORGE BUSH!

Then we have the "State of Virginia" indicating disorientation as to place.

Yeah, the nerve of my sheriffs in handing me badges with State of Virginia embossed on them! They were in on the conspiracy to keep me totally confused all the time. And to think I thought most of them actually liked me.

And the paranoia manifested by insistance on using the drive-thru instead of getting out of the car and being in close proximity to others.

Actually..... I drive new cars all the time. ain't nobody gonna toss their doors open and chip or dent my cars on a busy restaurant parking lot. Just bought a new car in Culpeper a few weeks ago of all places! I was almost afraid to park on the dealer's lot. :lol:

cv2011a.jpg

Maybe if I added the part about thinking you can control the behavior of others - would that be overkill?

Two way street. Have you seen anybody lately that's capable of controlling my behavior? Ain't gonna happen, unless they want to grant me my wish and call it a victory. :lol:

Oh well......... off to my meeting.

Betty_Rose_Brown

well...

Back to the topic of the armed pizza guy...

Has anyone done a study on the hazards of delivering pizza? Is it harder for them to get life insurance? Because - in all seriousness - I'm guessing that it might be.

Here in the Hampton Roads area, there have been a number of shootings and robberies of these guys through the years. I'd venture to guess it's almost as dangerous as being a night clerk at the local Quickie Mart.

papa bear

I stated that the concept would never fly in the area in which I live. Customers would ring the phones off the hooks with complaints about an armed person coming onto their property. I had a citizen file a complaint on me for delivering a jury summons to him while I was in uniform and armed (true story). This is the kind of folks who live in the city in which I reside. :rolleyes:

So, i would suggest that you educate the people of your city that it is OK to be armed, especially for ones own safety(and maybe the saftey of others). i think that is one of the functions of this site

are you saying then that you want no one to carry? i agree that you have the right for regulating an invited person and a uninvited person on your property. side note, if you order a pizza (or any kind of delivery), then you have invited that person to your property. so no trespass laws apply. but , also why are you concerned you are armed also. the readson i would not want the police, is that they are agents of the government and you are subject to arrest. it does not worry me ifthey are armed or not

this is for everybody. if you want only certain people to carry but not all. then you are anti 2ndA,since it makes no distinctions and THIS, is the ammo that the antis look for

Sheriff

So, i would suggest that you educate the people of your city that it is OK to be armed, especially for ones own safety(and maybe the saftey of others). i think that is one of the functions of this site.

I usually try to. But for the last month I have seen the side of Open Carry people here on this forum that I didn't know existed. I need to work on making them see the errors in their ways first. :shocker: