Thread: Astoria Farmers market OC friendly?

Astoria Farmers market OC friendly?

The family and I are heading to Astoria to enjoy the nice weather and the Sunday Farmers market today. I live in SW Washington on the OR/WA border and don't have my Oregon CWL yet so I will be stopping before crossing the Columbia river and putting my pistol in the trunk of the car. My question is has anyone OC at the market in Astoria? I did read that Astoria has a ban on OC in city parks but other then that I couldn't find any rules against it. We might head down to Seaside after the market as well. Any input would be appreciated.

first of all why

Why are you going to put your pistol in the trunk?
    Last edited by nny420; 07-08-2012 at 12:33 PM. Reason: sp

I don't have my Oregon CPL yet. Thought it has to be unloaded in the trunk without a CPL. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Fibresteve View Post
    I don't have my Oregon CPL yet. Thought it has to be unloaded in the trunk without a CPL. Am I wrong?
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/at...2&d=1333809771
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

Well I decided not to OC at the Astoria market today. Like I said I don't have my Oregon CPL yet and I don't feel like I know the open carry laws well enough in Oregon to be comfortable yet. Seems like in Oregon every city has different laws regarding OC. didn't see anyone else open carrying but I did get a lot of thumbs up for the "I love Guns and coffee" T-shirt I was wearing! Would have been better if I had my S&W M&P 40c on my hip though.

Astoria is one of the cities in OR that restrict loaded unlicensed OC. City code 05.010...exemption (3)(3) Any person having a valid permit issued to the person by lawful authority to carry or use concealed firearms; http://www.astoria.or.us/LinkClick.a...language=en-US

If you have a WA CPL, or a OR CHL you can OC loaded, if you do not have any license to carry, you cannot carry loaded, within the city of Astoria. You can carry loaded, on you hip, in your car, in OR, except where there are local restrictions...Astoria is on of the local governments with restrictions...(along with Portland, Salem, Beverton....and some others.

BTW: A pistol carried openly on your hip in a holster is not considered concealed, in or out of a car. ORS 166.250(3)