• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Astoria Farmers market OC friendly?

Fibresteve

The family and I are heading to Astoria to enjoy the nice weather and the Sunday Farmers market today. I live in SW Washington on the OR/WA border and don't have my Oregon CWL yet so I will be stopping before crossing the Columbia river and putting my pistol in the trunk of the car. My question is has anyone OC at the market in Astoria? I did read that Astoria has a ban on OC in city parks but other then that I couldn't find any rules against it. We might head down to Seaside after the market as well. Any input would be appreciated.

Fibresteve

Well I decided not to OC at the Astoria market today. Like I said I don't have my Oregon CPL yet and I don't feel like I know the open carry laws well enough in Oregon to be comfortable yet. Seems like in Oregon every city has different laws regarding OC. didn't see anyone else open carrying but I did get a lot of thumbs up for the "I love Guns and coffee" T-shirt I was wearing! Would have been better if I had my S&W M&P 40c on my hip though.

hermannr

Astoria is one of the cities in OR that restrict loaded unlicensed OC. City code 05.010...exemption (3)(3) Any person having a valid permit issued to the person by lawful authority to carry or use concealed firearms; http://www.astoria.or.us/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=vXiABwd4i9k=&tabid=2002&mid=6163&language=en-US

If you have a WA CPL, or a OR CHL you can OC loaded, if you do not have any license to carry, you cannot carry loaded, within the city of Astoria. You can carry loaded, on you hip, in your car, in OR, except where there are local restrictions...Astoria is on of the local governments with restrictions...(along with Portland, Salem, Beverton....and some others.

BTW: A pistol carried openly on your hip in a holster is not considered concealed, in or out of a car. ORS 166.250(3)