• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gig Harbor National Night Out

Ajetpilot

Here is an opportunity to enjoy a pleasant evening in Gig Harbor while exercising our right to openly carry properly holstered firearms in everyday life. The event will be on August 7 from 5 to 10 PM. More information is here. Participants will include, among others, the City of Gig Harbor Police, Pierce County Sheriff, and the Washington State Patrol. I'll be there. Anyone else?

Vitaeus

Port Orchard is having the same event on the same evening, I have talked to them and we have the opportunity to set up a table and present OC and 2nd amendment right information and such. The main requirement is that we not sell anything.

Email I received below:
Hello Everyone~
It’s that time of year again to get the ball rolling for this year’s National Night Out. Please mark your calendars for Tuesday, August 7th from 6-8:30 pm at the Port Orchard Marina (Gazebo Park). Set up will start at 4:30.

As soon as you know if you will be able to attend, please reply and let me know. I need a good head count to make appropriate accommodations and arrangements. There is limited space for electrical outlets. Please let me know if you will be needing more than a 10 x 10 space. I have the Fire Dept. covered.

As in the past 2 years, I would like to offer free food so I will be asking for donations. I may be able to obtain a jump house for free as well this year, so that will save us some money.

There will be a few new people/additions to our event, so I need to emphasize this is a not-for profit event-- no selling of any products.

In the near future, I will forward a flyer for you to distribute to friends and family. We doubled our attendance last year; I am hoping to add on this year.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you!

Last edited:

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Monroe is doing this also (same day), like previous years ill be going to the Monroe event at lake tye park.