• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another positive OC experience.

mobiushky

I went to Subway tonight to order dinner for the family. When I went in, the place was empty. As I ordered (5 meals) a lady walked in and stood beside me. I apologized for taking so long. She was open and funny about razzing me about holding up the line. We joked a little back and forth. And one point she stopped and said "Mind if I ask you a question?" I said sure. She asked, "Is that legal here?" pointing at my firearm. "I mean, we just moved here from Salt Lake City and I was curious." So I explained a little about the laws. She said, "That's great, I all for it." I told her I'm not too worried about Parker and before I could finish, she said "Yeah but think about this past Christmas at the McDonald's."

I had completely forgotten about the shooting over at the McDonald's. I said "Good point." We talked a little about her kids and how she now asks her boyfriend to carry his firearm every time they go out. He's a CHP holder. I talked a little about the places you aren't allowed to carry. Finally, before I left, she said "Well if I ever see you in a movie theater I'm sitting next to you."

It was a pleasant talk. By the end of it, another customer had come in. And I had everyone in the store nodding in approval. The other customers and the lady behind the counter. Felt good.

M-Taliesin

Howdy Pard!
At the last Meet and Greet, we discussed the importance of each OC'er to be an ambassador for open carry. We talked about how, in our own self interest, an onus exists to be a positive image to every citizen with whom we interact. The more folks who meet us, learn from us, and walk away with a better opinion, the better our chances of gaining Constitutional carry in Colorado.

To that end, you are doing a terrific job Mobi, and I, for one, and proud of your efforts to help provide a positive model to the community at large.

Well done, amigo. Well done indeed!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

DocWalker

And here all this time I thought you didn't need to carry a gun in Colorado; after all you do have some of the most "pro-active" police departments protecting you as they would call it in Aurora. Most of us would call it illegal.

mobiushky

And here all this time I thought you didn't need to carry a gun in Colorado; after all you do have some of the most "pro-active" police departments protecting you as they would call it in Aurora. Most of us would call it illegal.

Hey Doc, are you out at Mtn Home AFB? I used to live in Hailey a while ago. Pretty much my entire family still lives in Idaho somewhere. Nampa, Caldwell, Boise, and Post Falls.

PS, most of us call it illegal too, but only the people who were actually affected can sue. I hope they do.

DocWalker

Hey Doc, are you out at Mtn Home AFB? I used to live in Hailey a while ago. Pretty much my entire family still lives in Idaho somewhere. Nampa, Caldwell, Boise, and Post Falls.

PS, most of us call it illegal too, but only the people who were actually affected can sue. I hope they do.

Yes, retired from Mountain Home AFB.

I hope they do also, If a cop points a shotgun at my kids head you know I will be all over that until he was fired.