• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Henderson DMV still has signs up.

jdholmes

Just an FYI to those concerned with this issue - they still have no changed their signage.

Are they ever going to do that? I would have thought as a public building they would have more concern over posting what they have admitted is misleading information.

Last edited:

Merlin

They still have the old signs, that make no mention of the "concealed" part?

I would ask to speak to the branch manager to discuss the matter. Take a copy of the trifold, and ask them to call the flamingo office (or HQ) if they'd like to confirm it. Hell, take a copy of the video from the other location. Just go in with a good attitude and be prepared to be an ambassador of OC. And a voice recorder. :)

Don't make me call in The Big Guns...I mean Guy.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

jdholmes

Haha..that's why I asked, is because I thought The Big Guy had already handled Henderson - and I am pretty sure he was there recently.

Last edited:

The Big Guy

Haha..that's why I asked, is because I thought The Big Guy had already handled Henderson - and I am pretty sure he was there recently.

I was there recently with no problems. However, this is not a Henderson problem, but a state one.

TBG

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Yep! NRS 202.3673 needs to be rewritten....."indicating No Concealed Firearms"

NRS 202.3653 - 202.369 only apply specifically to "concealed firearms."

Oh wait, you were being facetious, weren't you? :)

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I wish I had some free time to spend to get arrested in Pahrump.

usmcmustang

Mr. xxxxxx

The NRS states no firearms, that is the law, that is why the law states plainly "No Firearms." If you enter the NCSO office with your firearm you will be asked to leave and return without same. If you persist in violation of the law you will be cited/arrested under NRS 202.3673 and charged with a Misdemeanor crime.

The NRS is not in violation of the States pre exemption law, you are not in a position to play lawyer. I strongly suggest that you obey the law and the signage that is posted.

Regards

Tony DeMeo

So... we have the Clark County Sheriff's Department saying they are going to follow the "spirit" of the law and not allow any weapons. They say this because they acknowledge that the NRS only speaks to concealed weapons... however, they want to be within the "spirit" of the law... and the "spirit" would indicate that there just shouldn't be any citizens within weapons in the building.

And now... we have the Nye County Sheriff himself saying the law itself (not the "spirit" of the law) mandates NO firearms.

Can anyone say fugged up? And... why is this so "simple" for all of us to figure out and so damned difficult for law enforcement to figure out? Is it that we are just so much smarter than law enforcement? If that be the case, we are all in big trouble and it goes way beyond this "simple" interpretation of THE LAW.

Jared

I wish I had some free time to spend to get arrested in Pahrump.

DeMeo is a scumbag sheriff because he routinely flaunts the law. He use to play games with training back in 2006 because he didn't want people getting certified in Clark county for a permit and applying in Nye County. Unfortunately, he has a pattern of not caring what the law says.

He knows what the NRS says and he just doesn't care, he's a corrupt New York transplant but people in Nye County keep electing him time and time again.

Another option people could pursue would be to file in federal court and ask for an injunction against him, he put in writing that he will arrest you for violating a law that doesn't exists. A federal district court judge could easily remedy this situation under 1983.

greengum

I was at the Henderson DMV a couple weeks ago. I was OC and asked the guard about the sign. He told me to ignore it and that they were waiting for new signs. He said there was an issue at another DMV where some new guard over reacted and called the police on somebody carrying. He also suggested that if you are armed to let security know. You know, for safety reasons.

Merlin

We have an "friend" at the DMV who asked us to let him know if their were issues, So far no issues just signs still up. Do we hit him up?

If we have a friend, then I would say yes. The signage still means we COULD get hassled. And that it effectively still denies less-informed people of their rights. (Which is likely the intent)

We don't do this to secure only our right, but those of every LAC to exercise OC. It is contrary to the cause to led the signage slide.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

jdholmes

Absolutely. Their signs are wrongly telling everyone else that we are lawbreakers.

Absolutely - my issue with this as well. I know I am not breaking any laws, but the people walking in with me think otherwise because of these signs, this could result in several negative outcomes including, albeit unlikely, possible panic incited by those signs.

Last edited:

FallonJeeper

At the root of this issue is that the NRS indicates only concealed carry is prohibited "A permittee shall not carry a concealed firearm while the permittee is on the premises of..."

but the NRS says to display a sign that states no firearms are allowed.

"A public building that has a metal detector at each public entrance or a sign posted at each public entrance indicating that no firearms are allowed in the building, unless the permittee is not prohibited from carrying a concealed firearm while he or she is on the premises of the public building pursuant to subsection 4."

The DMV at Fallon says concealed waepons. I'll have to get a picture of it. I guess they didn't obey the statute to the letter of the law.

I'm also guessing the other DMV's and police/sheriffs offices are just making the signs in accordance with the NRS, which says "no firearms". But, then they want to enforce the law, the way the sign reads, even though we know, that's not the way the law is written.

Last edited:

DON`T TREAD ON ME

We got the DMV to Change the signs because they wanted no problems: I had them look at the law and there is now way to make the sign 100% legal so we discussed what would be the best overall fix, since we do not want State employees doing a "Costco" on law abiding Citizens so that was the fix we went with, not pretty but pretty good.

FallonJeeper

We got the DMV to Change the signs because they wanted no problems: I had them look at the law and there is now way to make the sign 100% legal so we discussed what would be the best overall fix, since we do not want State employees doing a "Costco" on law abiding Citizens so that was the fix we went with, not pretty but pretty good.

Awesome!