• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Missouri cities not to O.C. in

sleepwalker

I am new to OC i am a ccw permit holder for the last 5 years and i am wanting to open carry but i am having a hard time finding info on which cities i can oc in. can some one help me get info for the cities in missouri for OC ty

osmanobma

the list is way to long to possibly put all cities where you can and cant open carry in Missouri. your best bet is to look up the ordinances of the cities where you plan to carry.

here is a list of most cities in St. Charles and St. Louis Counties. it should be accurate, but again, (as Glenn Beck would say) you have to do your own research.

Open Carry (24):

St. Louis County

• Ballwin
• Crestwood
• Chesterfield
• Ladue
• Des Peres
• Eureka
• Pacific
• Richmond Heights
• Sunset Hills
• Hazelwood
• Bellefontaine Neighbors
• Brentwood
• Bridgeton
• Beverly Hills
• Huntleigh
• Warson Woods
• Black Jack
• Ferguson
• Jennings
• Green Park

St. Charles County

• St. Charles
• Lake St. Louis
• Weldon Spring

Open Carry With Permit:
(18)
St. Louis County

• Clayton
• Creve Coeur
• Manchester
• Twin Oaks
• Florissant
• Webster Groves
• O’Fallon
• Bella Villa
• Bellerive
• Glendale
• Pagedale
• Pasadena Hills
• Moline Acres
• Riverview

St. Charles County

• St. Peters
• Wentzville
• Warrington
• Cottleville

Communist (17):

St. Louis County

• Kirkwood
• Ellisville
• Fenton
• Maryland Heights
• Town and Country
• Valley Park
• Wildwood University City
• Clarkson Valley
• Maplewood
• Crystal Lake Park
• Olivette
• Overland
• St. Ann
• St. John
• Rock Hill

St. Charles County

• Foristell

osmanobma

This is inaccurate, unless you know of some law in Chesterfield that nobody else here knows about?

there is no law that makes open carry legal. laws make things illegal. so unless you can find me the chesterfield ordinance that states that open carry is illegal, then its legal.

xdmcompact

Chesterfield is like the rest of the county using an old hunting law to keep people from open carrying. I believe they have stated that if you open carry you will be arrested. A lot of municipalities use either www.municode.com or www.sullivan publications.com, to publish their ordinances. I have found time and time again they are not current or up to date. It is up to you to verify the ordinances in person in those municipalities that you are uncertain of being legal.

This is also part of the problem in Chesterfield, they believe they can restrict private property.

(g) It shall be unlawful for any person carrying a firearm or projectile weapon to willfully enter or go upon the premises or property of another, or to fire or discharge any firearm or projectile weapon, while on the premises or property of another without first having obtained the written permission from the owner, lessee or person in charge of such premises or property, and unless the person in charge of such premises or property, and unless such person has the said written permission, on his person. This section shall not apply to a person carrying, firing or discharging any firearm or projectile weapon, while in the immediate presence of the owner, lessee, or person in charge of the property or premises, or to the entry upon the premises for the sole purpose of obtaining the written permission of the owner, lessee or person in charge of the property.

Last edited: