Thread: Conceal Carry On Property and Business without permit on Thursday!

Conceal Carry On Property and Business without permit on Thursday!

A notable gun law also takes effect Thursday to allow people to carry concealed deadly weapons without a license on their own property, including their places of business.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/07/08/2...#storylink=cpy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New laws go into effect July 12

FRANKFORT -- New laws approved during the Kentucky General Assembly's 2012 regular session go into effect on July 12.

Concealed deadly weapons. HB 484 will allow Kentuckians to carry concealed weapons without a license on their property or place of business.

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/pubinfo/release.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest View Post

A notable gun law also takes effect Thursday to allow people to carry concealed deadly weapons without a license on their own property, including their places of business.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/07/08/2...#storylink=cpy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New laws go into effect July 12

FRANKFORT -- New laws approved during the Kentucky General Assembly's 2012 regular session go into effect on July 12.

Concealed deadly weapons. HB 484 will allow Kentuckians to carry concealed weapons without a license on their property or place of business.

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/pubinfo/release.htm
    This is great news for Kentuckians....thanks for sharing this link.

oops, Ive broken the law a couple of times then...

I'm not sure that i would publicly admit that if I were you

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badey View Post
    I'm not sure that i would publicly admit that if I were you
    Why? Nothing can be done for him stating what he did. I can walk into a police station right now and say I killed ten people, and without sufficient evidence to prosecute me there is nothing they can do about it. The ban on carrying a concealed firearm in your own home was unconstitutional anyways.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin Hutchison View Post
    I was just about to post a question before I knew about this new law. If a property owner gives you permission to concealed carry is it then legal without a license?
    Yes you can carry on your property, a close family members property, or on private property with the owners permission...

(9) The provisions of this section shall not apply to a person who carries a concealed deadly weapon on or about his or her person without a license issued pursuant to KRS 237.110:
    (a) If he or she is the owner of the property or has the permission of the owner of the property, on real property which he or she or his or her spouse, parent, grandparent, or child owns;
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.