• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone OC at the DMV?

scouser

Add me to the positives. Last September I was in both the Broad St and the Brook Rd DMVs carrying openly. Nothing was said about it, the staff were completely professional thanks to those who walked that path before I did.

Bowesmobile

Its good to report then that nothing has changed and I OC'd in Chesterfield DMV. Now how to reduce those wait times! Supposedly online it was 2 minutes wait when I left for the DMV. When I got there it stated 17 minutes online. But it took me 35 minutes to actually get out of there! :eek:

Last edited:

paramedic

I have OC'd at several different DMV's, never had a problem, even had the honor of converting a die hard CCer to OC at a DMV

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
IIRC some time ago we had a report of someone being followed all around the DMV because they were OCing. And I also seem to recall someone quite a while back speaking with the DMV office manager about something the rent-a-cop said about OCing. In both those incidents it was clear that DMV has no problem allowing :banghead: OC.

Local government preemption is nice. But state agency preemption will be even nicer. I know we are headed that way via baby steps. But I'm actually not that well-known for my patience, am I?

stay safe.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
I do it all the time

I OC at the DMV whenever I go in there. No one has ever said a word. :D

John

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Local government preemption is nice. But state agency preemption will be even nicer.

What he said. :D The day we get full state agency preemption will be a true milestone for gun rights in Virginia!!!