• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Conceal carry at home in kentucky a new law starting thursday

kygunowner

A notable gun law also takes effect Thursday to allow people to carry concealed deadly weapons without a license on their own property, including their places of business.:banana::monkey

Sundiver

HB 484, sponsored by state Representative Will Coursey (D-6), expands the current concealed carry exemptions by allowing landowners and businessmen with a sole proprietorship to carry a handgun concealed without the necessity of a concealed carry permit.

30 second search if you aren't familiar with it already.

self preservation

HB 484, sponsored by state Representative Will Coursey (D-6), expands the current concealed carry exemptions by allowing landowners and businessmen with a sole proprietorship to carry a handgun concealed without the necessity of a concealed carry permit.

30 second search if you aren't familiar with it already.

I actually thought that this just died.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
That's good, even IL let's you carry loaded guns in your abode, place of business.

So does KY. We have always been able to carry deadly weapons openly anywhere in the state, we just could not conceal unless we obtained the cdwl. Of course if you were caught carrying concealed on your own residence this law would never survive constitutional scrutiny. Not to mention the SCOTUS ruled that we have a constitutional right to bear arms in the home and other places, but specifically that we have a right to bear a handgun in the home. I can guarantee you nearly 100% of KY residents sleep with a gun concealed and close by when they are in bed, so it is a needed restoration of our liberty.