Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitt Romney on 2A

Mitt Romney on 2A

I love watching politicians stumble on their own words....

The only terrorists I see nowadays are at the Capital.

The statements made in this post do not necessarily reflect the views of OCDO or its members.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker6900 View Post
    I love watching politicians stumble on their own words....
    It is unfortunate that someone running for president does not understand "shall not be infringed".

But even some people here were making fun of Ron Paul, so we end up with a half arsed candidate~~go figure!

Oh well, at least Romney is against "assault weapons" because he thinks they are only used to kill people. While lefties are against "assault weapons" because "assault weapons" are black and scary-looking, thus making lefties racist.

I'd greatly prefer a half-arsed president than a fully baked one. At least Mitt's teachable.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Even Reagan Sucked

Reagan signed the Mulford Act in 1967 banning loaded weapons in public. They're all despicable.

My question to Romney would be "Sir, will the Secret Service comply with MA gun laws?"

Quote Originally Posted by marinepilot81 View Post
    Reagan signed the Mulford Act in 1967 banning loaded weapons in public. They're all despicable.

My question to Romney would be "Sir, will the Secret Service comply with MA gun laws?"
    It is my opinion that most politicians want to ban guns. The problem they run into is their constituents, we already know they do not care what the constitutions says. It burns me when a politician brings up sports or hunting in relation to the 2A. They just do not want to admit the 2A is there to keep their arse in control. They do not want to be controlled. Romney was absolutely the worst choice for a republican POTUS candidate.

I have yet to see any evidence that Ron Paul is fully baked. What I do see is a man that is dedicated to the constitution, is that not what we have been trying to support? Romney is a milder version of Obama, most of the difference between the two is the skin color. Obviously by the video he does not learn very well. I do not want a POTUS that needs to be taught, I want him to know what he is doing and know the constitution. Even if Ron Paul would have lost we would have sent a clear message to Congress that we want the constitution followed by the letter, not pontification.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 07-11-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Banned
    Wake up folks....

democrats of old are now commies

republicans of old are now democrats

liberatrians of old are now republicans

Anyone who is a republican is not supporting a party that fully supports the 2 A..

Quote Originally Posted by marinepilot81 View Post

Reagan was one of the most anti-gun politicians in history.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Wake up folks....

democrats of old are now commies

republicans of old are now democrats

liberatrians of old are now republicans

Anyone who is a republican is not supporting a party that fully supports the 2 A..
    I enjoy watching Republicans cannibalize each other.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Looking at that avatar, Barry looks mighty white.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    It is difficult to get interested in party politics. It is no different than saying you want the team in the green jerseys to triumph over the ones in blue, especially if both teams are gonna jump you when you leave the stadium anyway. I find so little REAL difference between the Republicrats and the Democans to pretend that it matters.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Republicans disagree more because they are not robots, they do not follow the shiny object like liberals/progressives do. Most liberals have no idea why they support a democrat, they just do because they are a democrat. This is why democrats can get away with breaking laws.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    ............ Most liberals have no idea why they support a democrat, they just do because they are a democrat.............
    To be fair, this works both ways. How many "republicans" are going to vote for Romnney simply because he has an "R" next to his name? Probably a lot.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Quote Originally Posted by END_THE_FED View Post
    To be fair, this works both ways. How many "republicans" are going to vote for Romnney simply because he has an "R" next to his name? Probably a lot.
    Most are going to vote for Romney because he is not Obama~~at this point I would vote for slug crawling across the rocks to get the dictator out of the office. BUT most conservatives are not happy with the choice, but voted in the primaries for him because they were led to believe he could beat Obama. This election is not about voting Romney in, it IS about getting that buffoon out of the white house.

Most are going to vote for Romney because he is not Obama~~at this point I would vote for slug crawling across the rocks to get the dictator out of the office. BUT most conservatives are not happy with the choice, but voted in the primaries for him because they were led to believe he could beat Obama. This election is not about voting Romney in, it IS about getting that buffoon out of the white house.

Exactly!
    watch your top knot !

Republicans disagree more because they are not robots, they do not follow the shiny object like liberals/progressives do. Most liberals have no idea why they support a democrat, they just do because they are a democrat. This is why democrats can get away with breaking laws.
    WTF are you talking about?

So: Democrats are robots; Democrats like shiny things; Democrats get away with breaking laws.

I suppose you are in support of allowing individuals who are incarcerated, and who have been incarcerated (Felony level) to vote then, since, you know, most of the must be Republicans, since Democrats gets away with breaking laws.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Great, then vote for Romney 2012-2020. You will be voting for Romney for eight years, mind you--to get President Obama out of office four years early. A nice Progressive 'Republican' Romney is.

Led to believe?!?!?! Sheep are led... NO further explanation necessary.

This election is not about voting Romney in, it IS about getting that buffoon out of the white house.
    This.

Romney is pretty f'ing far from my ideal candidate. But given the choices available, it's a no brainer. I wish we could all elect "None of these" over and over again until the right person steps forward. I truly believe that person is out there, and if it weren't for all of the partisan Bulls-Hit, it would be possible to elect someone with 80% support.

But then, maybe I'm just feeling a little idealist tonight.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

WTF are you talking about?

So: Democrats are robots; Democrats like shiny things; Democrats get away with breaking laws.

I suppose you are in support of allowing individuals who are incarcerated, and who have been incarcerated (Felony level) to vote then, since, you know, most of the must be Republicans, since Democrats gets away with breaking laws.
    I am support of returning all rights to citizens who have completed their sentence. I do not care if they are democrat or republican, or non political. But democrats make excuses for democrat politicians breaking laws, it is just common. I do not care who the republican is, when they screw up, republicans turn on them as it should be. Not my fault most dems have no principles.

See, this is where it all goes wrong. You are so desperate to get the left hand of the Devil out of your pocket that you'll put the right hand in; no matter that the Devil is still robbing you.

This election, or any other, is not about who we are getting OUT of the White House; it should be about who we want to elect as Commander in Chief. Who do you trust to represent you? Who do you trust to steer us away from the Gorge of Doom? Who do you want passing or vetoing laws that will affect our kids?

If you answer any of these questions with "Anyone but Obama!" then you are not thinking hard enough about the questions. I want Obama gone too; along with 99% of corrupt career criminals in D.C., but cutting off our noses to spite our faces is unattractive and deprives us of our sense of smell.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    So where is Mass on Open Carry without a state anointed permission slip? What is their 2A grade?

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    See, this is where it all goes wrong. You are so desperate to get the left hand of the Devil out of your pocket that you'll put the right hand in; no matter that the Devil is still robbing you.

This election, or any other, is not about who we are getting OUT of the White House; it should be about who we want to elect as Commander in Chief. Who do you trust to represent you? Who do you trust to steer us away from the Gorge of Doom? Who do you want passing or vetoing laws that will affect our kids?

If you answer any of these questions with "Anyone but Obama!" then you are not thinking hard enough about the questions. I want Obama gone too; along with 99% of corrupt career criminals in D.C., but cutting off our noses to spite our faces is unattractive and deprives us of our sense of smell.
    Precisely why party politics will NOT get us there...but it is also what we are "stuck" with until a large enough number of voters wake up and actually LOOK at who their current representative is and vote them out if they are not good enough.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Every time we have a candidate that is not a narcissist we carp on them, we buy the lies of the MSM, we let candidates tell us what they stand for instead of telling them what WE stand and vote for. There is no such thing as the perfect candidate, but things have gotten so sour because we want to be fed BS. I will vote for Romney because Obama is such a POS, and is so terribly acidic to liberty. Romney is a progressive, but he does know who is voting for him, it is important for him to know why, and we are not going to accept BS. There is only one reason for the 2A, and it is not any of the reasons he claims, and we need to tell him that his stand could cost him the election.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast