• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mitt Romney on 2A

PistolPackingMomma

Most are going to vote for Romney because he is not Obama~~at this point I would vote for slug crawling across the rocks to get the dictator out of the office. BUT most conservatives are not happy with the choice, but voted in the primaries for him because they were led to believe he could beat Obama. This election is not about voting Romney in, it IS about getting that buffoon out of the white house.

See, this is where it all goes wrong. You are so desperate to get the left hand of the Devil out of your pocket that you'll put the right hand in; no matter that the Devil is still robbing you.

This election, or any other, is not about who we are getting OUT of the White House; it should be about who we want to elect as Commander in Chief. Who do you trust to represent you? Who do you trust to steer us away from the Gorge of Doom? Who do you want passing or vetoing laws that will affect our kids?

If you answer any of these questions with "Anyone but Obama!" then you are not thinking hard enough about the questions. I want Obama gone too; along with 99% of corrupt career criminals in D.C., but cutting off our noses to spite our faces is unattractive and deprives us of our sense of smell.

carolina guy

See, this is where it all goes wrong. You are so desperate to get the left hand of the Devil out of your pocket that you'll put the right hand in; no matter that the Devil is still robbing you.

This election, or any other, is not about who we are getting OUT of the White House; it should be about who we want to elect as Commander in Chief. Who do you trust to represent you? Who do you trust to steer us away from the Gorge of Doom? Who do you want passing or vetoing laws that will affect our kids?

If you answer any of these questions with "Anyone but Obama!" then you are not thinking hard enough about the questions. I want Obama gone too; along with 99% of corrupt career criminals in D.C., but cutting off our noses to spite our faces is unattractive and deprives us of our sense of smell.

Precisely why party politics will NOT get us there...but it is also what we are "stuck" with until a large enough number of voters wake up and actually LOOK at who their current representative is and vote them out if they are not good enough.

WalkingWolf

Every time we have a candidate that is not a narcissist we carp on them, we buy the lies of the MSM, we let candidates tell us what they stand for instead of telling them what WE stand and vote for. There is no such thing as the perfect candidate, but things have gotten so sour because we want to be fed BS. I will vote for Romney because Obama is such a POS, and is so terribly acidic to liberty. Romney is a progressive, but he does know who is voting for him, it is important for him to know why, and we are not going to accept BS. There is only one reason for the 2A, and it is not any of the reasons he claims, and we need to tell him that his stand could cost him the election.

Beretta92FSLady

I am support of returning all rights to citizens who have completed their sentence. I do not care if they are democrat or republican, or non political. But democrats make excuses for democrat politicians breaking laws, it is just common. I do not care who the republican is, when they screw up, republicans turn on them as it should be. Not my fault most dems have no principles.

I admit that typically Democrats break Laws of the Land; and Republicans break Laws of God.

Wait..Tom DeLay comes to mind...Nixon...there are many others. Republicans aren't immune to breaking Laws.

WalkingWolf

I admit that typically Democrats break Laws of the Land; and Republicans break Laws of God.

Wait..Tom DeLay comes to mind...Nixon...there are many others. Republicans aren't immune to breaking Laws.

And did republicans line up rank and file behind Nixon? And I believe Delay went to prison?

How about that Ted Kennedy? How many years did he serve after murder? How many times did democrats overlook his crime?

Last edited:

NoTolerance

What would you offer as the alternative in our current situation?

Sure, people are waking up slowly to these truths you express, but what do we do in the meantime? Throw a vote away on a candidate that has ZERO chance of winning, only to the detriment of "the Devil's right hand"?

It's all well and good to take your principled stand, but at some point you have to acknowledge the rest of the country isn't there with you just yet. Your quiet rage against the machine is getting louder and louder, but it's not nearly loud enough to cause a discernible difference at this point.

The shape of politics for *this* election - just like the past how many elections - is that one of TWO candidates is going to win. Most people with your ideal of thinking have been throwing support behind Ron Paul. Great! I'm glad he's getting more and more support. But the reality of *today* is that Ron Paul has absolutely NO chance of winning this election. He just doesn't have that level of voter support yet. Most votes for Ron Paul are votes that would normally have gone to the more Conservative of the two candidates. A vote for Ron Paul might as well be a vote for Obama.

You want Obama out? Voting third-party isn't going to accomplish that this time around. Which leaves Romney. And then we have four more years to keep building up momentum, to keep waking people up and reminding them what personal liberty is all about and how they've given theirs up. To show them there are alternatives and demonstrate that this system is broken and needs to be fixed. That man isn't supposed to answer to government, but that government is supposed to answer to man. You know, everything the Tea Party Movement was supposed to be about before it became bastardized by the Republicans?

I don't want four more years under this Dictator in Chief. And while I'm not thrilled about 4-8 years under "White Obama", I don't see him as being anywhere near as damaging to my personal freedoms and liberties as this current K(ing)OTUS has demonstrated time and again he will be.

And in the meantime, I'll keep searching for John Galt for 2016/20.

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

I refuse to vote for the Devil, period.

If everyone stopped saying "Ron Paul has no hope to win, we need to throw our support behind Romney!" and DID vote for Ron Paul or someone equally as principled, then we would send a message to Washington. The two-party system would have to acknowledge we're sick of the corruption and won't "go with the flow" anymore.

Do I think Ron Paul will win? No. Too many folks think like you, and will vote for Romney. But I'll sleep better at night, knowing I voted for integrity and liberty rather than the lesser evil.

NoTolerance

I refuse to vote for the Devil, period.

If everyone stopped saying "Ron Paul has no hope to win, we need to throw our support behind Romney!" and DID vote for Ron Paul or someone equally as principled, then we would send a message to Washington. The two-party system would have to acknowledge we're sick of the corruption and won't "go with the flow" anymore.

Do I think Ron Paul will win? No. Too many folks think like you, and will vote for Romney. But I'll sleep better at night, knowing I voted for integrity and liberty rather than the lesser evil.

I really think you're missing my larger point. Paul and his supporters are getting his message out there more and more, but nowhere near enough to make a difference in *this* election cycle. Suppose everyone that supported Paul did as you said and went out and voted for him this time around. You know what would happen? Obama would win by a landslide. The message you just sent to Washington? "PEOPLE SURE DO LOVE THEM SOME DEMOCRAT REGIME!" Congrats on doing nothing to change the system.

WalkingWolf

I really think you're missing my larger point. Paul and his supporters are getting his message out there more and more, but nowhere near enough to make a difference in *this* election cycle. Suppose everyone that supported Paul did as you said and went out and voted for him this time around. You know what would happen? Obama would win by a landslide. The message you just sent to Washington? "PEOPLE SURE DO LOVE THEM SOME DEMOCRAT REGIME!" Congrats on doing nothing to change the system.

Let's be fair, everybody owns their own vote for whatever reason, even if they are voting for the current moonbat in charge. Arguing about what choice a person makes is fruitless. I think the greater good would come in the form of talking about Dr. Paul and dispelling the misinformation about him. Or talking about the issues with Obama, hopefully people when they hear the truth will make the right choice. IMO Obama is going to win again, and not because of Paul, because people are easily sidetracked. I don't want that bum in there anymore than anybody else and have made my choice to vote for Romney, but that is my choice.

twoskinsonemanns

Throw a vote away on a candidate that has ZERO chance of winning

Congrats on doing nothing to change the system.

I would rather you consider my vote thrown away then vote for someone I believe is not the best option for our country.
I giggle at the sarcastic congrats on doing nothing to change the system when you are in the group of people who cleave to the system in place. Over the last 100 years BOTH parties have consistently grown the government until the federal budget is now over 40% of our country's GDP!!!!

I will not be apart of that any more. Of the people who will be on the ballot, Gary Johnson is the only one I could feel good about voting for. Paul is a good one, but he won't be on the ballot.

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

I [roll my eyes] at the sarcastic congrats on doing nothing to change the system when you are in the group of people who cleave to the system in place.

+1

NoTolerance, I'm not missing your point at all. You may have missed mine though.

And yes, WalkingWolf, everyone does own their vote. I wouldn't tell anyone that they couldn't or shouldn't vote for their candidate of choice; simply that they should vote for the right reasons.

Last edited:

DangerClose

Not necessarily. Plenty of lefties would vote for Paul due to things like Gauntanamo, the Patriot Act, NDAA, civil rights, dislike of The Fed and banks, policing the world, wars, etc.

END_THE_FED

Everyone thinking about writing in Ron Paul,

I would ask you consider not doing so. I am a huge RP fan. I was a precinct delegate for him, I made hundreds of calls for his campaign, and handed out fliers and info about him. However, unless he chooses to run as an Independent, I will not be voting for him. I will not vote for someone who is not running. Lets say a plurality of voters actually writes him in, the electors will not elect someone who is not running. That being said, I hope he decides to run as an independent.

I completely understand not wanting to endorse either "main stream" candidate. I would encourage you to do research on others who are actually running and pick one of them. The "libertarian party" is running Gary Johnson. There is also the "Constitution party", and there will likely be some independents running as well.

Personally, I am still struggling with whether or not to vote for Romney. I don't think I can do it though. I have always voted my conscience and don't think I want to change that now. And honestly I don't see Romney being much better than Obama.

In fact (let me get my flame suite ready) I can actually see a benefit to Obama winning over Romney. Before you get the torches and pitch forks let me explain...........

Both the "Ds" and "Rs", have had our republic on the track to despotism for a long time. It seems that this administration just bought a faster train to take us there. But more and more people are starting to wake up. If Obama wins again we continue on the same track, but more people wake up and realize what is going on, and hopefully we can start changing things. If Romney wins, this country stays more or less on the same track, but no new people wake up, and many who are waking up go back to sleep, and things don't change. I don't know, just a thought. (I am not really serious about this, just a random thought I had)

I think I will be voting for Gary Johnson but I am not sure yet. Many say that "voting your conscience is good but 'this election' is 'different'. We need to get 'him' out." But it sounds familiar, I have heard it in pretty much every election, from "both sides of the isle"

Also for those who normally don't vote, or are planning to not vote this time. If you are not happy with either "mainstream" candidate I would encourage you to vote for somebody else. Anybody. I feel that a write in vote for "Micky Mouse", is a better choice than not voting at all. It shows that you made an effort to vote, but refused to endorse either "mainstream" candidate.

I guess my rant is over now. lol

Last edited:

NoTolerance

I giggle at the sarcastic congrats on doing nothing to change the system when you are in the group of people who cleave to the system in place.

You're basing that assertion on what, exactly? Because I'm clinging to my belief that the current two parties won't be overturned this election cycle? That there's more work to be done before we get there? I suppose that speaks to my cynicism, but I hardly see how that expresses my political ideology at all.

I'd love nothing more than to see these two parties burn and return to a form of government that's "by the People, for the People".

END_THE_FED

Not necessarily. Plenty of lefties would vote for Paul due to things like Gauntanamo, the Patriot Act, NDAA, civil rights, dislike of The Fed and banks, policing the world, wars, etc.

I have little doubt in my mind that Ron Paul would utterly destroy Obama in the general. For the reasons you mentioned and others. Generals are usually controlled by independents and "swing voters". He has the most appeal to these groups.