• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mitt Romney on 2A

OC for ME

Ron Paul had no chance of winning the convention, let alone the general election.

But lets look at Ron Paul:

Supports an open border, and uncontrolled "immigration".
Supports legalizing all drugs, up to, and including having heroin vending machines, and he thinks this will have NO negative influence on society, or raise the crime rate as the 10's of millions of new drug addicts try to find away to fund there next score.
Supports gay marriage, and adoption. (presumably also bigamy, bestiality, and "marrying" children, after all if you recognize one "alternative lifestyle" don't you have to recognize them all?)
Supports economic isolationism.
Supports gutting the military by closing all our overseas bases, and slashing the budget by 80%. (And no China, Russia, North Korea, Iran, Syria, etc. would NEVER take advantage of this.)
Supports abandoning our allies.
Believes we attacked ourselves on 9/11.

Need I go on?

Tell me how he is a conservative?
Yes, please go on, and while you're at it how about some cites to substantiate your specific allegations.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/

marinepilot81

If you vote for the lesser of 2 evils, you just get more evil. How's that working out for everyone?

I won't buy a Chevy Volt because the product is garbage and the company took a bailout. Voting for Romney is the same principle: Terrible product and bailing out the Republican party when their product has sucked for 12 yrs. No to bailouts...all of them.

I'll pencil in:
President - Ted Nugent
Vice Pres - Ron Paul

I'll sleep knowing Liberty was my cause and my integrity is intact...no matter the outcome.

since9

Campaign Veteran
If you vote for the lesser of 2 evils, you just get more evil.

Really? If you could choose between 10 lashes and 20 lashes, how is choosing the lesser amount "more?" It's 10 lashes, not 20, or even 30.

How's that working out for everyone?

How's that new math working out for you?

I won't buy a Chevy Volt because the product is garbage and the company took a bailout. Voting for Romney is the same principle: Terrible product and bailing out the Republican party when their product has sucked for 12 yrs. No to bailouts...all of them.

False analogy. More to the point, it's logically fallacious on several fronts, but mostly just because you're comparing apples and oranges:

1. You have a choice between the Volt and many other makes and models
2. What you buy (or not buy) is based on your choice alone. What others choose has little to no effect on your own choice.

I'll pencil in:
President - Ted Nugent
Vice Pres - Ron Paul

I'll sleep knowing Liberty was my cause and my integrity is intact...no matter the outcome.

Our Founding Fathers won't sleep knowing you threw a right they and many others died to protect, out the window.

PistolPackingMomma

Ron Paul had no chance of winning the convention, let alone the general election.

Supports legalizing all drugs, up to, and including having heroin vending machines, and he thinks this will have NO negative influence on society, or raise the crime rate as the 10's of millions of new drug addicts try to find away to fund there next score.
Supports gay marriage, and adoption. (presumably also bigamy, bestiality, and "marrying" children, after all if you recognize one "alternative lifestyle" don't you have to recognize them all?)
Supports gutting the military by closing all our overseas bases, and slashing the budget by 80%. (And no China, Russia, North Korea, Iran, Syria, etc. would NEVER take advantage of this.)

Need I go on?

First of all, he is not a conservative; he is a Libertarian. Secondly...there is so much wrong with your post that I don't even know where to begin...but, even though it is probably a waste of time, I'll offer rebuttal...

1. Ron Paul wants to end all incentives that cause the majority of illegal immigrants to come over here in the first place, and he is on record as having said "...I have a strong position on immigration. I don't think that we should give amnesty and they become voters. But I do think we should deal with our borders. One way that I would suggest that we could do it is pay less attention to the borders between Afghanistan and Iraq and Pakistan and bring our troops home and deal with the border. But why do we pay more attention to the borders overseas and less attention to the borders here at home? We now have a mess on the borders, and it has a lot more to do with it than just immigration, because we're financing some of this militarism against the drug dealers on the borders right now to the tune of over $1 billion. And there is a mess down there, but it's much bigger than just the immigration problem." Link

Here's some bullet points on his immigration policy: Ron Paul on Border Security

2. Ending the ineffective and expensive drug war and leaving legalizing up to the STATES, is not advocating for a heroin vending machine on every street corner. "You're implying if we legalize heroin tomorrow, everyone's gonna use heroin. How many people here are going to use heroin if it were legal? I bet nobody! 'Oh yeah, I need the government to take care of me. I don't want to use heroin, so I need these laws!' "
Ron Paul on Drug Policy

3. Ron Paul doesn't think the federal government should have any part in deciding the role of marriage. "Marriage is a religious institution, not a government institution." Ron Paul on Civil Rights. Ron Paul personally believes marriage is between a man and a woman, but he does not want anyone to use government to enforce their particular views on anyone else. Leave it up to the individual, their faith or lack thereof. Voluntary contracts between consenting adults does not need government regulation.

4. Please buy a dictionary and look up the words "isolation" and "non-intervention". Ron Paul is one of these things and not the other.

5. ""I want to cut military money, I don't want to cut defense money. I want to bring the troops home, I'd probably have MORE BASES here at home. We were closing them down in the 1990's and building them overseas, that's how we got into trouble so we would save a lot more money and have a STRONGER national defense, and that's what we should do, but to say that we'd be weaker is absolutely wrong." Ron Paul on Bases Overseas

6. You may want to sit down for this one...Israel's Prime Minister agrees with Ron Paul!!! Ron Paul wants us to recognize their sovereignty, rather than control it.

7. I have never seen any quote, video or cite from Ron Paul's own mouth saying he believes we attacked ourselves. I have seen that he is on working terms with some folks who believe 9/11 was an inside job, if that's what you're referring to. Ron Paul has said:

February 2nd, 1999
“Our foolish policy in Iraq invites terrorist attacks against U.S. territory and incites Islamic fundamentalists against us.”

November 17, 1999
“From Korea and Vietnam to Serbia, Iran, Iraq and now Afghanistan, we have ventured far from our shores in search of wars to fight...There is no evidence that this policy serves the interests of world peace. It certainly increases the danger to all Americans as we become the number one target of terrorists. Conventional war against the United States is out of the question, but acts of terrorism, whether it is the shooting down of a civilian airliner or bombing a New York City building, are almost impossible to prevent in a reasonably open society.”

July 17, 2001
“Our arrogant policy and attitude of superiority will continue to elicit a smoldering hatred toward us and out of sheer frustration will motivate even more terrorist attacks against us.” Link

Ron Paul's 2002 Predictions

Really? If you could choose between 10 lashes and 20 lashes, how is choosing the lesser amount "more?" It's 10 lashes, not 20, or even 30.

And how about choosing NO lashes? Why is it we only have the option of being beaten a little or a lot?

How's that new math working out for you?

Well, if I ever need help with math, I'll just ask you to take your shirt off so I can count the whip marks on your back.

False analogy. More to the point, it's logically fallacious on several fronts, but mostly just because you're comparing apples and oranges:

1. You have a choice between the Volt and many other makes and models
2. What you buy (or not buy) is based on your choice alone. What others choose has little to no effect on your own choice.

Apples and oranges are both fruit; different types of fruit, but fruit nonetheless.

Romney and Obama are the same; one may be a pecan, and the other a cashew, but they are both still NUTS!

Our Founding Fathers won't sleep knowing you threw a right they and many others died to protect, out the window.

First of all, our Founding Fathers are dead; not sleeping. (Literally and figuratively.) I'm less concerned with what they might have thought of us today, and more concerned with what our children will think of us tomorrow.

If you want to go the route of the Founding Father guilt trip, well, I gotta say, I think we're waaaaay past that. They went to war over taxation without representation, and having their rights as Englishmen ignored. What have we, as their progeny, tolerated? A hell of a lot more, and I say, enough!

I personally, am done with playing nice in the 'system'. My duty, sir, is to my children, and I will do what is RIGHT, not what is easy, for them. If we do not raise our voices now, when will we? When there is no one left to echo the cry for equal liberty for all?

marinepilot81

@PistolPackingMomma: I like the cut of your jib.

@Since9: The Republican party chose a candidate that's not a (r)epublican. I just can't follow them down this hole and I won't bail out their poor decision with my vote.

Ted Nugent 2012!!

georg jetson

She definitely gives no quarter today!! :D

Go PPM!

@Since9: The Republican party chose a candidate that's not a (r)epublican. I just can't follow them down this hole and I won't bail out their poor decision with my vote.

Ted Nugent 2012!!

There are threads here that argue Uncle Ted is anti-OC. I think Gary Johnson or Ron Paul might be a better all -around choice... Just my 2.

Last edited:

CaptainHoneySmacks

Need I go on?

I would love to see where you get your information from. The Onion and the break room at work don't count as reliable sources. I would highly suggest you look into his ideas yourself rather than going on what you have heard.

Jake8x7

Activist Member
As much as I dislike Barack Obama, I'd cast my vote for Captain Morgan before I support Mitt Romney. Has anyone spent time researching his voting choices in Massachusetts regarding base issues such as social services and gun control? Any Republican that uses words like 'assault rifles' is no Republican of mine...

WalkingWolf

As much as I dislike Barack Obama, I'd cast my vote for Captain Morgan before I support Mitt Romney. Has anyone spent time researching his voting choices in Massachusetts regarding base issues such as social services and gun control? Any Republican that uses words like 'assault rifles' is no Republican of mine...

You do realize the makeup of Mass politics do you not? Nobody who is not or appears not to be a progressive would not stand a chance. If he responds to the overall wishes of his constituents as he should he would be one thousand times better than the creep that holds the office now.

twoskinsonemanns

Spot on!

+1

cshoff

......<snipped for brevity>.......

Just wanted to say, "great post". You know, I just don't understand folks who claim to despise Obama, yet are perfectly okay with Romney. He and Obama are much, much more alike than they are different. A vote for Romney will get us exactly what we have now - we'll still have someone in office who supports the Patriot Act, who supports indefinite detention of American citizens without cause (NDAA), who supports the idea that the President can unilaterally choose to have American citizens executed without due process, who is openly anti-gun, who is in favor of state-mandated health insurance (as long as it's his idea and no the other guy's idea), and who still advocates using our military as the world police force.

My vote is my ENDORSEMENT of not only a candidate, but also of the principles (or lack thereof) that said candidate adheres to and strives to live by. I refuse to desecrate the integrity of my endorsement by using it to enable another statist to take the highest office in our land.

NoTolerance

Prepare yourselves folks - this may be an Internet first:

I think you may have changed my point of view on this topic...

At the very least, I'm acknowledging I need to reexamine my current stance.

Good job!

PistolPackingMomma

Oh, is it showing? :lol:

She definitely gives no quarter today!! :D

Go PPM!

Yup, no quarter, and no nickels or dimes either ;) Lol, just teasing, guys.

Just wanted to say, "great post". You know, I just don't understand folks who claim to despise Obama, yet are perfectly okay with Romney. He and Obama are much, much more alike than they are different. A vote for Romney will get us exactly what we have now - we'll still have someone in office who supports the Patriot Act, who supports indefinite detention of American citizens without cause (NDAA), who supports the idea that the President can unilaterally choose to have American citizens executed without due process, who is openly anti-gun, who is in favor of state-mandated health insurance (as long as it's his idea and no the other guy's idea), and who still advocates using our military as the world police force.

My vote is my ENDORSEMENT of not only a candidate, but also of the principles (or lack thereof) that said candidate adheres to and strives to live by. I refuse to desecrate the integrity of my endorsement by using it to enable another statist to take the highest office in our land.

Thanks, and I know what you mean. It's puzzling, but I try to remember that those folks have been indoctrinated for so long that it usually takes a radical shift to make them consider another perspective.

PistolPackingMomma

Prepare yourselves folks - this may be an Internet first:

I think you may have changed my point of view on this topic...

At the very least, I'm acknowledging I need to reexamine my current stance.

Good job!

Awesome! Consider your position, study alternatives and make an informed decision. Whatever conclusion you come to, it will be solidly yours!

sudden valley gunner

Great Post PPM, (that's much better than PMS....haha)!

I won't choose a Stalin or a Hitler.

You folks who insist on voting the lesser of two evil's haven't studied history, Adolf Hitler was considered the "lesser of two evils".

Super Trucker

Great Post PPM, (that's much better than PMS....haha)!

I won't choose a Stalin or a Hitler.

You folks who insist on voting the lesser of two evil's haven't studied history, Adolf Hitler was considered the "lesser of two evils".

I remember people giving that same speach in 1992, and people who thought like you taught everybody a lesson in that election.
Next came the 1994 AWB.

cshoff

I remember people giving that same speach in 1992, and people who thought like you taught everybody a lesson in that election.
Next came the 1994 AWB.

Actually, the people who voted for Bill Clinton got us the AWB. You can't blame G.H.W. Bush's loss on anyone except G.H.W. Bush.

Beretta92FSLady

Next came the 1994 AWB.

Which then came-and-gone. And all of those doomsday'rs who were rattling their sabres about the Government putting us all in camps post-AWB were wrong. Same story now, different decade.

I should point out that Clinton may have signed the AWB, but it was an Act of Congress that got it to his desk.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
As much as I dislike Barack Obama, I'd cast my vote for Captain Morgan before I support Mitt Romney. Has anyone spent time researching his voting choices in Massachusetts regarding base issues such as social services and gun control?

Yes. So you're voting for Obama, with a worse record than Romney? :banghead:

Any Republican that uses words like 'assault rifles' is no Republican of mine...

So you're choosing not to vote for him because he's a Republican? :confused: