Thread: Guns and Golf

Guns and Golf

Anyone ever OC on the golf course? I would be willing to bet that private courses may ask you take to it back to the truck, because of dress code violations and other bologna as such. What about municipal courses?

I am not sure if it will mess with your swing... so I am gonna go out back and try!

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by godspel-13 View Post
    Anyone ever OC on the golf course? I would be willing to bet that private courses may ask you take to it back to the truck, because of dress code violations and other bologna as such. What about municipal courses?

I am not sure if it will mess with your swing... so I am gonna go out back and try!
    Try it. It interferes with your swing. I have had guns accidentally fall in the bag pockets though.

peter nap was right. although it does not seem to be a hindrance with the first couple swings, I did take note of a couple draw backs...

first, i could feel the weight of the revolver on my hip shift with both my back swing and down swing. I does have some movement, so perhaps a galco would solve this one.

second, i payed attention to the fact that my revolver was on my hip. Instead of concentrating on certain aspects of my swing, I noticed that I was paying attention to my ruger.

it was worth a shot. perhaps i could conceal carry on the course, but that may prohibit consumption of alcohol...

Thanks to a misspent youth I have a back that will not allow me to swing a golf club in the approved manner. However, there are a few municipal courses across the Commonwealth and I would venture that 15.2-915 would control their response to anyone carrying while on the course - as long as this http://www.the-whiteboard.com/autotwb1532.html was not going on. It would end up with this
    http://www.the-whiteboard.com/autotwb1533.html being the topic of discussion at the clubhouse for quite a while.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I can't see how anyone could swing while carrying...at least not properly. If it were me, I'd keep it in the bag. You'll have it with you if needed and then won't have to worry about how it effects you.

Quote Originally Posted by brlong23 View Post
    I can't see how anyone could swing while carrying...at least not properly.
    Didn't Ben Wright get in trouble for saying women's guns got in the way of their swing?

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    Didn't Ben Wright get in trouble for saying women's guns got in the way of their swing?
    They weren't OC'ing either

Alfred Hitchcock said it best...."There's hills in that thar gold!"

Last edited by peter nap; 07-09-2012 at 10:13 PM.