• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns and Golf

godspel-13

Anyone ever OC on the golf course? I would be willing to bet that private courses may ask you take to it back to the truck, because of dress code violations and other bologna as such. What about municipal courses?

I am not sure if it will mess with your swing... so I am gonna go out back and try!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Anyone ever OC on the golf course? I would be willing to bet that private courses may ask you take to it back to the truck, because of dress code violations and other bologna as such. What about municipal courses?

I am not sure if it will mess with your swing... so I am gonna go out back and try!

Try it. It interferes with your swing. I have had guns accidentally fall in the bag pockets though.

godspel-13

peter nap was right. although it does not seem to be a hindrance with the first couple swings, I did take note of a couple draw backs...

first, i could feel the weight of the revolver on my hip shift with both my back swing and down swing. I does have some movement, so perhaps a galco would solve this one.

second, i payed attention to the fact that my revolver was on my hip. Instead of concentrating on certain aspects of my swing, I noticed that I was paying attention to my ruger.

it was worth a shot. perhaps i could conceal carry on the course, but that may prohibit consumption of alcohol...

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Thanks to a misspent youth I have a back that will not allow me to swing a golf club in the approved manner. However, there are a few municipal courses across the Commonwealth and I would venture that 15.2-915 would control their response to anyone carrying while on the course - as long as this http://www.the-whiteboard.com/autotwb1532.html :eek: was not going on. It would end up with this
http://www.the-whiteboard.com/autotwb1533.html :cool: being the topic of discussion at the clubhouse for quite a while.:D

stay safe.

brlong23

I can't see how anyone could swing while carrying...at least not properly. If it were me, I'd keep it in the bag. You'll have it with you if needed and then won't have to worry about how it effects you.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Didn't Ben Wright get in trouble for saying women's guns got in the way of their swing? :lol:

They weren't OC'ing either:eek:

Alfred Hitchcock said it best...."There's hills in that thar gold!"

tumblr_m2qrfmeCtI1qbvy0yo1_250.png

Last edited: